Florian Jozefzoon

SFox1993

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-schalke-plot-raid-to-sign-Derby-county-star/

Derby winger Florian Jozefzoon has emerged as a target for German side Schalke, Football Insiderunderstands.

New Schalke boss David Wagner is understood to be an admirer of the 28-year-old attacker and is keen to bring him to Germany ahead of the upcoming season.

A German source has told Football Insider that the ex-Huddersfield manager is keen to take advantage of his knowledge of English football by recruiting Jozefzoon.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think Anya suddenly joining the training camp and this rumour are a coincidence.

This is one position I'd rather go light into the season to leave opportunities for young players to crop up. Free up some space and bring in a creative midfielder to fill the mount void and really get a handle of games and the ball moving forward with the extra funds.

15 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Only surprise here is that it’s a side as big as Schalke

Which kind of makes me think we should probably keep him. Somehting didn't click last season but he showed flashes of being a really useful & creative winger. I'd give him another year.

9 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Which kind of makes me think we should probably keep him. Somehting didn't click last season but he showed flashes of being a really useful & creative winger. I'd give him another year.

Its amazing how opinions on players can vary so much ! Not saying your opinion is wrong I just think he is terrible.
Goes missing in games , doesn't look up and cant cross

25 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

I think we've fannied around with keeping players too long in the past.  Time to be decisive, from what I saw last year it would take something extraordinary to get him playing up to the level required.  Hanging on to players in the hope something happens, well we've tried that and it didn't help.  Not saying he couldn't improve just I want us to be better than last year.  Please DCFC if they don't fit move them on sooner rather than later

8 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Its amazing how opinions on players can vary so much ! Not saying your opinion is wrong I just think he is terrible.
Goes missing in games , doesn't look up and cant cross

I said "he showed flashes". Not exactly a ringing endorsement from me and if we can replace him with someone better then I'd be happy for him to go - but the same goes for any player we have.

IF a club like Schalke can see something in him that they want, it just makes me wonder if he shouldn't have another go with him.

7 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I think we've fannied around with keeping players too long in the past.  Time to be decisive, from what I saw last year it would take something extraordinary to get him playing up to the level required.  Hanging on to players in the hope something happens, well we've tried that and it didn't help.  Not saying he couldn't improve just I want us to be better than last year.  Please DCFC if they don't fit move them on sooner rather than later

I can agree with almost all of that but can any of us say which players will fit?. We don't know what the team shape will look like and what Cocu's strategy will be.

4 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

IF a club like Schalke can see something in him that they want, it just makes me wonder if he shouldn't have another go with him.

I'd be more inclined to let him go improve his career elsewhere

This is the perfect move for me - I think he's lost his confidence a bit at Derby and a move could be good for him - We recoup some money to spend of players Cocu definitely wants - FloJo gets a decent move - Most importantly he goes somewhere he won't be playing against us next season

43 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Don't think Anya suddenly joining the training camp and this rumour are a coincidence.

Has he? 

Could be that or could be to help facilitate the US move he was rumoured to be getting?

18 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

I said "he showed flashes". Not exactly a ringing endorsement from me and if we can replace him with someone better then I'd be happy for him to go - but the same goes for any player we have.

The latter sentence is bit problematic. I think it's a biased to think Schalke is something great, they are not. Not anymore. 14th last season and now they a have crappy manager in Vagner so you'd expect decline to continue. They really could buy our benchplayer and use him as a rotational option, no doubt. Especially with Vagner and his counter attacking methods in charge.

Jozefzoon has unfortunately come under the fans scrutiny and not many players ever come out the other side. I don't mind him. I think he's very similar to Dawkins, i.e. he's technically a good footballer and shows neat touches, but he's not an aggressive winger and the lack of aggression saw him fall out of favour with Lampard. I think this is probably the reason he fell out of favour with Cocu at PSV too. He really didn't get a run of games last season, and as I've mentioned before: when he did we churned out some good results against good teams. 

Jozefzoon and Lawrence aren't too dissimilar, although I think the latter can play with more aggression and has been afforded a lot more time than the former. 

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Jozefzoon has unfortunately come under the fans scrutiny and not many players ever come out the other side. I don't mind him. I think he's very similar to Dawkins, i.e. he's technically a good footballer and shows neat touches, but he's not an aggressive winger and the lack of aggression saw him fall out of favour with Lampard. I think this is probably the reason he fell out of favour with Cocu at PSV too. He really didn't get a run of games last season, and as I've mentioned before: when he did we churned out some good results against good teams. 

Jozefzoon and Lawrence aren't too dissimilar, although I think the latter can play with more aggression and has been afforded a lot more time than the former. 

I like Jozefzoon, he just wasn't given enough of an opportunity to string games together.

He took a while to settle in at Brentford, eventually he became one of their key players, Brentford very rarely sign poor players, as is evidenced by their constant ability to raise ridiculous sums of money by selling talent.

Still cannot believe we didn't sign Ollie Watkins.

He wasn’t really helped last season. Would come in, have an average game then be dropped for five games.

Just a strange fit, and him coming on to change the game at Wembley after not being trusted for months was a pretty good microcosm of Lampard’s bizarre use of him

Bloody hell schalke are gonna make a move for him?! That would suggest he’s done well for us... and he really hasn’t pulled up any trees at this level to make him seem ready for that level. I suppose if Wagner has seen him over here and knows of him and thinks he can get more out of him then it’s a realistic possibility that they could want him. Think it would definately be the right move for us to sell him if the moneys right and teams are in for him. We’re a little short on the wings so he’d need replacing, but he really wasn’t much cop last season so think we need better anyway, and I’m fairly convinced we could find better if we get the right money for him. May as well take advantage of teams being interested in one of our players that we need to upgrade anyway provided they pay up.

39 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Whilst I agree with your overall sentiments; I disagree that Dawkins was a similar player. In fact I'd argue they are vastly different in how they wanted to play. Dawkins played like an advanced midfielder on the wing and would be heavily involved in linking play and creating passing triangles. And it's that why sections of fans didn't take to him because "he didn't do anything" when what he was doing and the role he would help the team but go unnoticed. 

Jozefzoon strikes me as a more typical winger who I think mostly suffered by not getting a decent run in the team and not being as good as Lawrence or Wilson. 

For what it's worth I really don't mind if we keep and I think he's a decent player for the squad.

Archived