What is the hottest food you have eaten (Scoville scale)

froggg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, froggg said:

Peanuts enhanced with Ghost Naga chilli, Carolina Reaper chilli and Red Moruga Scorpion chilli

Where did you get those from? I want some!

The phal fron the Continental in Belper is pretty decent. 

40 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’ve had naga a few times @froggg with you in a curries, I didn’t find it that hot. Do they limit the amount in a restaurant in case it’s too hot?

Yes mate I suspect so, they normally make you sign a disclaimer if you’re eating something of a serious strength ?

Went to a chilli festival at Walton Gardens where some guy was selling a hot sauce called "Blow your rooster off" and it said it was 10 million on the Scoville scale. I had a gnat's testicles sized blob of the sauce on a lollipop stick and it was like swallowing napalm fire. I instantly started to sweat, my eyes began to water, my throat started to constrict, my tongue... I couldn't even feel my tongue. Needless to say, I was fully sure I was about to die and I was totally unprepared to venture this high up the Scoville scale and hadn't brought any drinks. The only thing I could do to even cool my mouth down was to buy the only liquid I could find at the festival which was a chilli ginger beer. Not a pleasant experience.

There’s a line where you cross from having a bit of a kick which is nice, to burning your mouth where you could be eating dog turd it really doesn’t matter.

I know a man on here that would strongly disagree with me, but I doubt he has any tastebuds left.

Would rather take a Korma off a kids menu than ruining myself internally. 

35 minutes ago, mastah said:

The only thing I could do to even cool my mouth down was to buy the only liquid I could find at the festival which was a chilli ginger beer. Not a pleasant experience.

In this instance you would've been better having nothing. Beer, water, or other soft drinks don't sooth the burn of chilies, they just spread the capsaicin around your mouth. Milk or high proof alcohol is better to drink after consuming hot chilies.

25 minutes ago, Anon said:

In this instance you would've been better having nothing. Beer, water, or other soft drinks don't sooth the burn of chilies, they just spread the capsaicin around your mouth. Milk or high proof alcohol is better to drink after consuming hot chilies.

Absolutely, but I was pretty much in panic mode and needed something to hydrate myself seeing as every bit of moisture in my body seemed to evaporate after this hot sauce had touched my tongue.

I don't mind a hot dish as long as there's something to counteract the heat. There's a curry I have at the local Indian that's sweet but it has a hot spice.

Not sure how folks can eat anything above "hot" on a menu. Must have constant ring of fire.

Was recently witness to a chilli eating contest at some food festival. Guy who won had to eat a California Reaper, which I think is the 2nd hottest chilli in the world, to beat the competition. This was about the 15th chilli and sauce variety he'd imbibed in 10 minutes. Did not look a well boy afterwards.

A Scotch Bonnet is about as hot as I could "enjoy" after that I'd start crying.

Archived