What is the hottest food you have eaten (Scoville scale)

froggg

7 hours ago, David said:

There’s a line where you cross from having a bit of a kick which is nice, to burning your mouth where you could be eating dog turd it really doesn’t matter.

I know a man on here that would strongly disagree with me, but I doubt he has any tastebuds left.

Would rather take a Korma off a kids menu than ruining myself internally. 

@eddie ??

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Was recently witness to a chilli eating contest at some food festival. Guy who won had to eat a California Reaper, which I think is the 2nd hottest chilli in the world, to beat the competition. This was about the 15th chilli and sauce variety he'd imbibed in 10 minutes. Did not look a well boy afterwards.

A Scotch Bonnet is about as hot as I could "enjoy" after that I'd start crying.

Off the top of me head I think scotch bonnets average approximately 50,000 scovilles, very hot.

The hottest chilli I've had was an unnamed, colourful little number in Mexico. The waiters were on hand to laugh at me once I picked it up and took a big chunk out of it, after nearly crying and licking the floor countless times they came with a lemon powder thing that killed the spice straight away. It's a shame I didn't ask them for a bit more to help with the morning after. 

In England, I went to Annie's the other week and had 'The Deathray' and without thinking took a big bite out of it with the Scotch Bonnet pride of place. I didn't need the waiters on this occasion, but my eyes were a little wet and mouth a little sore for a few minutes after. 

On 06/07/2019 at 23:08, Millenniumram said:

No thanks, I value my stomach 

7 hours ago, David said:

Would rather take a Korma off a kids menu than ruining myself internally. 

Weirdly they are actually beneficial in this regard amongst others. That said, wild horses attached to my nether regions wouldn't persuade me to eat the hottest chillies. The health benefits ascribed to hot chillies are...

Benefits the Digestive Tract. This may sound counter-intuitive, but the capsaicin in peppers actually act as an anti-irritant. ...

Promotes a Healthy Heart. ...

Mitigates Migraines. ...

Relieves Joint Pain. ...

Improves Metabolism / Promotes Weight Loss. ...

Quells Psoriasis. ...

Reduces Cancer Risk. ...

Fights the Flu, Colds and Fungal Infections.

So it seems after the inital anaphylactic shock type symptoms, your digestive tracts actually benefit. Whether the same can be said as the residue exits the body remains a moot point ?

3 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Weirdly they are actually beneficial in this regard amongst others. That said, wild horses attached to my nether regions wouldn't persuade me to eat the hottest chillies. The health benefits ascribed to hot chillies are...

Benefits the Digestive Tract. This may sound counter-intuitive, but the capsaicin in peppers actually act as an anti-irritant. ...

Promotes a Healthy Heart. ...

Mitigates Migraines. ...

Relieves Joint Pain. ...

Improves Metabolism / Promotes Weight Loss. ...

Quells Psoriasis. ...

Reduces Cancer Risk. ...

Fights the Flu, Colds and Fungal Infections.

So it seems after the inital anaphylactic shock type symptoms, your digestive tracts actually benefit. Whether the same can be said as the residue exits the body remains a moot point ?

Also makes your semen taste nice.

Apparently.

I have Naga Jolokias growing at the moment.

One is enough in a Vindaloo.

Strangely enough, one of the hottest sauces I have tried recently was a Jalapeno sauce from Lidl, priced at 99p. I thought "Wuss sauce" as I applied it liberally to some sweet potato fries, ate the first bite and realised my mistake of not checking the ingredients first... "Contains capsaicin extract".

I would estimate 500k Scovilles (so probably 50 x that of Jalapenos - about on a par with Blair's Mega Death sauce).

15 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Also makes your semen taste nice.

Apparently.

I've had someone confirm that. It was during the early days of dating when she was still trying to impress ?

Having said that, you can achieve the same effect by eating pineapples and it's much less painful ?

4 hours ago, David said:

So what I said was true then, gets to the point where you may as well be eating dog turd as it just burns your mouth.

Pretty much. There's some pretty delicious curries and SE Asain food out there that doesn't involve heavy sweats and gulping gallons of liquid to cool one's mouth. I can just about cope with a vindaloo but anything hotter than that and I'll take a raincheck.

On 09/07/2019 at 11:40, ronnieronalde said:

I've had someone confirm that. It was during the early days of dating when she was still trying to impress ?

Having said that, you can achieve the same effect by eating pineapples and it's much less painful ?

To be honest, if l had the option of those two, I would go for eating the pineapples; whole/unpeeled if necessary.

I bought a bottle of this stuff in norfolk last year.

Nelson's Ghost Naga Sauce

https://www.norfolkheatwave.com/our-produce

its so hot that maybe one tenth or less of a cap full will turn a chilli or a curry ridiculously chemically hot.

i have no idea about how many units it rates, but i do wonder if it could kill someone.

i suspect it could. I really wouldn't like to think what would happen if someone took a big swig of the stuff.

My uncle once nearly killed someone with his homemade horseradish sauce. The other party was offered a sniff and warned to be careful. Apparently at first it didn't seem to register so he took a big inhalation whereupon he immediately collapsed and couldn't breathe. He had tears pouring down his face, to everyone's great amusement.

Years ago I had a can of Stag Dynamite Hot chilli and it was so hot I couldn't even keep it in my mouth - I had to bury the plate in the garden. For a long time after that I was telling everyone that Stag Dynamite Hot Chilli was so hot they shouldn't sell it to the general public. Then last year I dared myself to try it again and it wasn't even slightly hot. Just tasted like crap canned chilli. So I must've had a weird rogue can before and now everyone thinks I think Stag Chilli is the ultimate test of oral masculinity. Ffs. 

i like spicy food, or so i thought until i entered an Indian eatery in Copenhagen.  Half a boiled curry chicken cost 25 kronor, exactly what i had left in my pocket and when asked by the the cook, if i wanted it hot, i replied yes indeed as i much prefer that to cold chicken.  It was served in a big bowl along with a fork and spoon and a large napkin, which came to good use on my forehead.  i requested a small glass of water before going at it, but soon required another and another and a few more from the now highly amused cook.  i didn't want to be rude, so i finished the bowl, but i swear my eyeballs were sweating. 

It remains my most memorable meal and it's the weirdest thing and i can't explain why, but i want to try it again.

Archived