Disrespect

Sean

23 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

We have to realise that Frank is not just a manager doing a pretty good job in his first season But also one of Englands finest post war players,the guys up there with the Charltons,Bests and Beckhams of Football.So yes he will attract media attention regardless of if he goes or if he stays and i am pretty sure he will,why else would he enter into contract extension talks

Yes, I am pretty sure that he will go or stay, too.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Chelsea aren't a massive club .  A top division club generally but they have been where Derby are on many occasions .   They've been fortunate to have a rich owner who needed a reason to operate in an expensive area of London .   Let's not blow smoke up there arse like everyone else.

Agreed, with City coming along I think some have forgotten Chelsea are just another money club. They are a big club, no doubt about that, and being a London club are far more fashionable than a club outside the M25. However, from the outside looking in it looks like Abramovich is getting bored with his train set and the investment is beginning to dwindle. Be interesting what the next 10 years holds for them. We just went to toe-to-toe with Villa in the PO final, having just beaten Leeds. Both are those clubs are bigger club than Chelsea IMO. Chelsea wouldn't be out of place in this sort of company when the money dries up.

It’s certainly getting a bit wearing for me as well. Proper journalists should only report when there’s actual news, not keep rehashing the same stories and sensationalising things that don’t mean anything. They’ve clearly been just making stuff up to make it seem like what they want to happen (Lampard becoming Chelsea manager) is actually already happening! I’m somewhat expecting it to happen eventually but they’re making it look much further along than it is to drum up interest. Very poor journalism and disrespectful to us, where he is still manager!

I can’t see him not going to Chelsea so they’ll be proved right eventually, would be hilarious if he didn’t tho! Egg on faces all round for them then!

3 hours ago, Jonesy90 said:

Chelsea and Frank Lampard are both bigger stories than Derby - it’s not about a lack of respect, it’s about who’s the biggest priority in the minds of the journalists.

To most journos, Derby is a 2nd tier football team that has averaged a position in the 2nd tier since 1884. We don’t have the biggest season ticket numbers or attendance figures in the league, we have a local owner just like most teams too. Take out the loan players this season and we are just an average Championship side.

They haven't

I find it far more disrespectful when they can't get the simple things right, person's role at the club, ground we play at. I saw a report yesterday saying we played at the iPro Stadium yesterday. Just pure lazy "journalism". 

Made me spit my dummy out when it was our big weekend. Us and Villa. It was our two clubs chance to shine. It doesn't come around that often for anyone who thinks an £80m player is expensive.

And these football manager bankers are talking about Chelsea

4 hours ago, Jonesy90 said:

Chelsea and Frank Lampard are both bigger stories than Derby - it’s not about a lack of respect, it’s about who’s the biggest priority in the minds of the journalists.

To most journos, Derby is a 2nd tier football team that has averaged a position in the 2nd tier since 1884. We don’t have the biggest season ticket numbers or attendance figures in the league, we have a local owner just like most teams too. Take out the loan players this season and we are just an average Championship side.

"In the minds of the journalists" - yes them, and also in the minds of the vast majority of their readers. 

At the end of the day you have to look at yourself and realise that you wouldn't give a toss about this if it was Derby who were being linked with a player/manager... we only care because on this occasion it's our man and our club. 

5 hours ago, angieram said:

Yes, I am pretty sure that he will go or stay, too.

Punctuation has never been my strong point.I meant ,I am sure he will stay,why else would he enter into talks to extend his contract.

But I am glad I brightened your days

4 hours ago, rynny said:

I find it far more disrespectful when they can't get the simple things right, person's role at the club, ground we play at. I saw a report yesterday saying we played at the iPro Stadium yesterday. Just pure lazy "journalism". 

I disagree not lazy but typical Journalism.As Mark Twain said-dont let a lie get in the way of a good story

3 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Punctuation has never been my strong point.I meant ,I am sure he will stay,why else would he enter into talks to extend his contract.

But I am glad I brightened your days

Sorry, Tommy, I was only teasing. 

We need something to smile about at the moment. 

11 hours ago, Jonesy90 said:

You are Eddie Gray and I collect my Tenner

1 hour ago, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

Believe it or not it's a journalist's job to make the paper money, not make 40 year old Kevin from Derby happy. Stop being so goddamn precious.

Not being "precious " ..........just hate the way these journo sleases will write anything to try and manipulate a situation as if they are little gods shaping their world.   It's disrespectful on their part they consider London to be the centre of the Universe and anything further North an uncharted nothingness. I've been around long enough to have seen twas always thus and it REALLY gets my goat ........and by the way you can add a few years to the forty mi duck , look at my Avatar.

12 hours ago, Jonesy90 said:

We are definitely better than an average championship team as our regular top six finishes illustrate.

Let's at least have ambition!!

44 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Not being "precious " ..........just hate the way these journo sleases will write anything to try and manipulate a situation as if they are little gods shaping their world.   It's disrespectful on their part they consider London to be the centre of the Universe and anything further North an uncharted nothingness. I've been around long enough to have seen twas always thus and it REALLY gets my goat ........and by the way you can add a few years to the forty mi duck , look at my Avatar.

You mean like those footballing nonentities Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool... ?

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Plus Mel has already stated he expects Lampard to go (one day) and is cool about it .

Of course he is cool, Mel is a businessman first and foremost and stands to make a few bob from Franks departure. 

Lampard to manage Chelsea NOW!

He is about the same odds as when Cloughie was a cast iron, nailed on, put your house on it, cert for the England job.

Ron Greenwood got the job even though not even invited for interview!

What have England really achieved since the end of July 63 years ago?

Chelsea have high expectations and money that shouts!

If they want Frank they’ll get him.

Forest weren’t keen to lose Cloughie but he was a tried and tested thoroughbred.

It’s no real disrespect to the Rams that We have a potentially great manager, whether he stays or goes!

Archived