Women’s World Cup 2019

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Millenniumram said:

I’ve not seen a worse pen than that since chris Martin was taking ours. Christ that was horrendous 

The one we missed in the QF was crap as well. Not meaning to knock the women’s game, but surely any penalty aimed high and wide is going in. Easy to practice. 

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

The one we missed in the QF was crap as well. Not meaning to knock the women’s game, but surely any penalty aimed high and wide is going in. Easy to practice. 

Yeah, astounds me how many we’ve missed. Was a proper pathetic penalty, weak and easy to catch. Gotta be practicing that sort of thing. Learning too much from the men bottling it on a pen

22 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Penally to England after another age.

Its correct, but I still hate VAR.

VAR will eventually kill the passion in the game, when people don’t celebrate goals, but rather watch the referee watch telly to see if anything contentious has happened.

I’d rather accept that refs sometimes get it wrong...

We were second best in all areas of the game. When we got the lifeline of the penalty, we failed to take it. A poorly taken spot kick, a third penalty missed in this tournament. England were just not professional enough.

12 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Gutted for them. Ellen White (? the striker) has to take that pen though surely? Heyho, they did us proud really so can't be too down about it. 

Feel sorry for Ellen White, was the highest scoring England player in any World Cup final til her second was ruled out. Then she’s definitely going to score, til she’s fouled and wins a penalty, but strangely doesn’t take it. 

Now she has to continue to share that record with... Lineker?

i guess she’ll still have a chance in the 3rd/4th place play off though. That still counts towards he golden ball doesn’t it?

Bright is not good with the ball at her feet in open play. Is she usually good at penalties? Just technically she looks the weakest player. She's obviously strong and brave. 

Frustrating because they didn't need to do much more to get hold of the game and get another equaliser! Just little daft bits of sloppiness and a terrible penalty. 

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Feel sorry for Ellen White, was the highest scoring England player in any World Cup final til her second was ruled out. Then she’s definitely going to score, til she’s fouled and wins a penalty, but strangely doesn’t take it. 

Now she has to continue to share that record with... Lineker?

i guess she’ll still have a chance in the 3rd/4th place play off though. That still counts towards he golden ball doesn’t it?

Actually, she does have 6 in the tournament. So Jonathan Pearce lies to me when she scored her ‘7th’ (that was actually offside). I’m sure he said it was her 6th. 

So does that put her as top scorer in any World Cup finals?

quite good going that she’s still in the running for the golden boot, considering the only person level with her scored 4 in one game. 

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Bright is not good with the ball at her feet in open play. Is she usually good at penalties? Just technically she looks the weakest player. She's obviously strong and brave. 

Frustrating because they didn't need to do much more to get hold of the game and get another equaliser! Just little daft bits of sloppiness and a terrible penalty. 

Yep, that was frustrating. Especially when you’re chasing the game with 10 men (I’m not even going to apologise for not correcting that), and they’re trying to manage the game, and they can’t string two passes together. 

In that situation, you’re only going to score if you get everything spot on, but we were so sloppy. 

I dread to think how knackered they would have all been if it had gone to extra time. 

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Still a great tournament. 

We’ve done alright, men and women, in the last few tournaments though. Semis for the euros in 2017 (3rd), semis for the World Cup in 2018 (4th), semis for the League of Nations in 2019 (3rd), and semis for the World Cup in 2019 (probably 3rd). 

So we just need to go that one game further next time. We’re getting there. 

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Actually, she does have 6 in the tournament. So Jonathan Pearce lies to me when she scored her ‘7th’ (that was actually offside). I’m sure he said it was her 6th. 

So does that put her as top scorer in any World Cup finals?

quite good going that she’s still in the running for the golden boot, considering the only person level with her scored 4 in one game. 

She's absolutely deadly in front of goal for sure. A lot of the guys on here have been knocking the tourny but I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of some of the teams. That was a pretty engrossing and dramatic game whatever anyone might feel about the players' technical ability. 

Sith Happens
Just now, TigerTedd said:

We’ve done alright, men and women, in the last few tournaments though. Semis for the euros in 2017 (3rd), semis for the World Cup in 2018 (4th), semis for the League of Nations in 2019 (3rd), and semis for the World Cup in 2019 (probably 3rd). 

So we just need to go that one game further next time. We’re getting there. 

Its going to happen 

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

We're all supporting Holland though now right?? 

Yes, but only cos we should beat Sweden in the 3rd place play offs. And we love. 3rd place play off these days. 

Any looser with no friends and no life can finish first or second. Takes a real winner to come third (or sometimes fourth). 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Yes, but only cos we should beat Sweden in the 3rd place play offs. And we love. 3rd place play off these days. 

Any looser with no friends and no life can finish first or second. Takes a real winner to come third (or sometimes fourth). 

Those Scandinavian ladies are easy on the eye too;

Not that this will affect viewing figures of course!?

Archived