LGBT Inclusion for DCFC

ramsLGBT

50 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

This highlights what you seem to be misunderstanding about the issue - You were obviously (on some level) offended that someone used a physical characteristic that you have little/no control over as an insult about someone else

To be clear - It's not acceptable to yell that at the goalie - It's horrible to suggest that the goalie is somehow inferior because of his lack of hair which is what they're essentially doing

By the same note no other community should ever be made to feel bad because someone uses something about them they have no control over (age, race, gender, sexuality etc) as an insult

To be clear - The dude behind you was a total Bamford and the Bamfordlike behaviour deserves for him to be punched in the Bamford (repeatedly) - This is a safe curse word because the only person who might be offended is Patrick Bamford and he's literally a total Bamford 

I am not pointing my point over well

To be honest I am not really offended by it, but and here is my point to an extent that in todays culture, I feel like I should.

Apart from that lol lol and thrice lol at your last paragraph - But I am not sure that is PC either

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Anna said:

Just to add some Friday afternoon lightheartedness (but not to detract from a very serious and important topic with some good discussion happening)...

Petition to change the stadium name for a day to Gay Pride Park anyone!? ??️‍??

Right ,that’s it !!       Outside

Just to chip in, some good debate on the thread.

One of the things I did put on the survey feedback was I think lots of little non- judgmental personal interactions and engagement would be a good way to help.

It's not LGBT fans vs hoard of angry violent raging homophobes, it's about everyone feeling OK about sharing in the match day.

28 minutes ago, Anna said:

Just to add some Friday afternoon lightheartedness (but not to detract from a very serious and important topic with some good discussion happening)...

Petition to change the stadium name for a day to Gay Pride Park anyone!? ??️‍??

I bet the commercial team of the stadium owning company is looking at that as we speak

3 hours ago, Archied said:

The above and other incidents are not about homophobia or racism or religion or culture or anything else that the perpetrators of this kind of stuff try to dress it up as or hide behind , our society in modern Britain is a decent caring and accepting one ,

I agree with you that the sort of people that commit these crimes probably wouldn't blink twice at targeting anybody, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation or other characteristics. However, this was definitely a targeted attack based on sexual orientation.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

It’s about violence of scum bags , do you honestly believe that if no one was gay they wouldn’t be finding something else to target,

for me this debate has been really helpful in trying to clarify the issue raised re proposed DCFC, lgbt group

as I’ve e made clear I think it’s a fantastic thing if it helps people feel comfortable and confident to attend football games , I think that is positive and not in the least divisive, 

where I had the nagging doubt was the statement that it be used as a platform for lgbt issues and that can for lots feel divisive though they are not quite sure why and for me I think I’ve figured through this debate that we shouldn’t be divided on combating the scum that make people’s lives a misery 

Quite possible that they would target somebody else if there were no LGBT people; however, that doesn't mean it should just be accepted.  That's almost like saying "Somebody is going to be targeted, so let's just let LGBT people carry on taking the burden". I don't want anybody at all to be targeted for being who they are, so we work towards this being the case. It will never be achieved, but that doesn't mean we don't try.

Question - why is this in Rams chat and not Pub Talk? 

While I understand inclusion is a big issue in our society and sport, I go onto Rams talk for that - talk about football and the Rams. My sexual preference has nothing to do with that. I know that people’s identity is important and some people feel marginalised and unable to be themselves at the minute...I hope Rams fans of all persuasions feel able to attend matches as equals. Unless you’re a day tripper at Wembley...!!!

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

Question - why is this in Rams chat and not Pub Talk? 

While I understand inclusion is a big issue in our society and sport, I go onto Rams talk for that - talk about football and the Rams. My sexual preference has nothing to do with that. I know that people’s identity is important and some people feel marginalised and unable to be themselves at the minute...I hope Rams fans of all persuasions feel able to attend matches as equals. Unless you’re a day tripper at Wembley...!!!

Because it started as a request to fill out a survey on LGBT inclusion at DCFC, which is relevant to DCFC.

Of course, I'm not shocked its evolved (devolved?) into this, though.

3 hours ago, ramsLGBT said:

Quite possible that they would target somebody else if there were no LGBT people; however, that doesn't mean it should just be accepted.  That's almost like saying "Somebody is going to be targeted, so let's just let LGBT people carry on taking the burden". I don't want anybody at all to be targeted for being who they are, so we work towards this being the case. It will never be achieved, but that doesn't mean we don't try.

Your missing my point , what I’m trying to say is we as a society have let this scum behaviour slide and in fact grow over the years , the lgbt people should NOT carry the burden as you imply I’m saying or think I mean ,

gonna bow out of debate now as pointing out that scumbags are doing this to all kinds of people because they are scum bags and need to be stamped out somehow equates to being the type of person that thinks it’s ok to turn a blind eye to it because it’s only lgbt people ,

if anybody thinks that the scum that attacked those two ladies are just homophobes they are sadly mistaken , they are not a product of society not dealing with or accepting homophobia ,they are a product of our society allowing our society and streets to be infected by drunken drugged up  lawless scum and until we recognise that and ALL work TOGETHER it’s not going to stop 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Because it started as a request to fill out a survey on LGBT inclusion at DCFC, which is relevant to DCFC.

Of course, I'm not shocked its evolved (devolved?) into this, though.

This makes sense. Like all topics that divide opinion, there will be sceptics. Good to see the majority are like minded to myself and not fussed about sexual orientation when it comes to football, as it has nothing to do with playing the sport. However, it’s obviously something that affects a whole person, including their experience of sport.

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

FFS. Not about homophobia? 

True it's about 

Would the attackers have been brave enough to chose people who are seen as mainstream? No they chose a couple they could see belonged to an 'easily isolated minority'. Who they no doubt believed didn't belong in their normal world and most people couldn't give a toss about!

Did they steal their phone and bag because they were homosexual?

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

Listen mi owds if thas gay thas gay just get on wi ya life . 

Agree,  wouldn't it be nice if some of the straight people wouldn't take such pleasure from abusing those that are.

I agree though,  live and let live,  if you are gay then fine, if you are bi then fine, if you are straight then fine. If you are prejudiced against any of the above,  do us all a favour and throw yourself off the biggest bridge you can find.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Agree,  wouldn't it be nice if some of the straight people wouldn't take such pleasure from abusing those that are.

I agree though,  live and let live,  if you are gay then fine, if you are bi then fine, if you are straight then fine. If you are prejudiced against any of the above,  do us all a favour and throw yourself off the biggest bridge you can find.

Apart from Scabs mi owd... We should all  be prejudice against them....never forget ..

Archived