LGBT Inclusion for DCFC

ramsLGBT

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Imagine spending most of your life walking into the wrong pub then. And there are no other pubs for you, well except your mates have set one up. Where do you think you'd prefer to go?

Think yourself lucky that your world is full of pubs you can safely visit.

good point well made - made me think

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

You do realise that you have totaly agreed with what I said don’t you ? 

Again ,as I said , violent scumbags looking to bully and inflict violence and misery on someone/anyone ,, start finding them ,locking them up and throwing away the keys and we are on the right track ,,, this Saturday nights homophobes are next Saturday nights ,islamaphobes , next Saturday nights racists , next event Saturday nights ,,,, well you see what I mean

No. They picked on their target because they were gay. 

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And as I said some scum bags find it easier to attack people that are seen as 'outsiders' because no-one is bothered about them. 

Dealing with people's homophobia, racism, etc is about dealing with people's fear of 'other'. The 'platform for lgbt issues' isn't about insisting that everyone should try gay sex! Nor is it about demanding anything other than people think about how they are reacting to people who are different to themselves.

Do you think that I a see them as outsiders and not bothered about them ? Do you think that the vast majority of people in this country see them as outsiders and are not bothered about them? 

I willing to bet that there are very few people in this country today who do not have family members and or close friends who they love and care deeply about who are gay

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

I willing to bet that there are very few people in this country today who do not have family members and or close friends who they love and care deeply about who are gay

Yes, but just like Bamford they are seen as their 'outsiders', others are not viewed the same.

I cannot continue to argue that homophobia and racism aren't a problem @Archied I'll leave that to someone else to carry on with.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Imagine spending most of your life walking into the wrong pub then. And there are no other pubs for you, well except your mates have set one up. Where do you think you'd prefer to go?

Think yourself lucky that your world is full of pubs you can safely visit.

In my fluffy world we can all go in all the pubs and all get on

disappoints me that it is not all like this.

2 hours ago, Dethorn said:

Example number two.

I was sat in the front row of the away end at Bristol City, and the Derby fan behind me persistantly shouting "Bald this" or "Bald that" at the Bristol City Goalie. I nearly took my beany off and said what is it about being bald that offends you pal. But then I realised I am slipping (being pushed) into the chip on my shoulder brigade if I do that. Because to be honest I am bald, My dad, two brothers and two gramps were all bald. In fact I am quite proud of being bald. What winds me up is that it is alright to shout this at the goalie but not many many many other things.

This highlights what you seem to be misunderstanding about the issue - You were obviously (on some level) offended that someone used a physical characteristic that you have little/no control over as an insult about someone else

To be clear - It's not acceptable to yell that at the goalie - It's horrible to suggest that the goalie is somehow inferior because of his lack of hair which is what they're essentially doing

By the same note no other community should ever be made to feel bad because someone uses something about them they have no control over (age, race, gender, sexuality etc) as an insult

To be clear - The dude behind you was a total Bamford and the Bamfordlike behaviour deserves for him to be punched in the Bamford (repeatedly) - This is a safe curse word because the only person who might be offended is Patrick Bamford and he's literally a total Bamford 

5 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

So this means one does believe they are ??

Just checking

If you are asking whether I believe the vast majority of people in this country are decent and are neither homophobic or racist then yes I do 

if you had asked me that question 30 years ago you would have got a very different answer 

so the question still stands ,do you not believe that?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, but just like Bamford they are seen as their 'outsiders', others are not viewed the same.

I cannot continue to argue that homophobia and racism aren't a problem @Archied I'll leave that to someone else to carry on with.

Nope roy , never said they weren’t a problem just partially disagree sometimes on the scale of the problem in terms of numbers and the best way to keep moving towards stamping it out 

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

If you are asking whether I believe the vast majority of people in this country are decent and are neither homophobic or racist then yes I do 

if you had asked me that question 30 years ago you would have got a very different answer 

so the question still stands ,do you not believe that?

I’m not really wanting to get into this, because I think it’s taking away from the original point of the thread but simply put, it’s impossible to generalise homophobia and racism like you are doing. How do you even go about measuring it??? It’s something easy to say so you can think it’s not a problem. 

I have been heartened by this discussion that seems to be without rancour and with many thoughtfully constructed posts. As an elderly lesbian I’m pretty much invisible but I can still feel hurt by casual derogatory comments inferring that being gay is somehow inferior. At games I often chat to those around me, using ‘ she’ when referring to my partner and am pleased to say there has never been as much as a raised eyebrow!

In the main, things have got better but I agree with those that feel an openly gay player would attract a lot of abuse. I can understand why no one has come out. I find it sad that this has been possible in other sports where on the whole crowds have been supportive- but in football? No, I’m sorry to say I don’t think so.

15 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’m not really wanting to get into this, because I think it’s taking away from the original point of the thread but simply put, it’s impossible to generalise homophobia and racism like you are doing. How do you even go about measuring it??? It’s something easy to say so you can think it’s not a problem. 

Have never once and never would ( certainly at this point,perhaps another 30 years?) say or think it’s not a problem and so back to the original post I’ve made it very clear in my posts from the start I personaly think it’s a good thing to have the rams lgbt group

47 minutes ago, Archied said:

So you don’t believe that the vast majority of people in this country are neither homophobic or racist?

I do believe that the majority of this country is neither homophobic or racist, but to say that there is largely no problem in this country is ridiculous. Sure, the UK is a more inclusive place than it was in the 1930s or 1950s, but prejudice is still exists! You only need to look at the recent spike in racially motivated hate crimes or matey's post about those two girls being beaten by thugs after being targeted as lesbians. A lot of it is subconscious and/or institutionalised, but the more we decry it, the better as a society we become. 

Not reading this whole lot, but I have filled in the survey.

As far as I am concerned I don't care if you are male, female, both, neither, straight, gay, questioning, bi or any of that. If you are a Derby fan you should be free to attend matches and follow the Rams without worrying about the opinion of anyone else. We are all Rams fans and that should be the only thing that matters on a match day.

8 minutes ago, Archied said:

Have never once and never would ( certainly at this point,perhaps another 30 years?) say or think it’s not a problem and so back to the original post I’ve made it very clear in my posts from the start I personaly think it’s a good thing to have the rams lgbt group

That’s fine mate, I just didn’t want this to get into an opinion thread on something that can’t be proven. 

Lets hope they can get this off the ground, get the supported needed from other supporters groups and the club itself and make a real go of it 

?

6 hours ago, Archied said:

My point was the likening of being lgbt to having a disability ? Would an lgbt person not be thinking it’s offensive to have their sexual orientation seen that way? 

The wording of sexual orientation is not a choice the same as having a disability’is not a choice seems to sublimely enforce the idea that there’s something wrong with not being heterosexual, 

Thank you for clarifying.

I didn't mean my response in that way at all ? sorry if anyone took any offence, because that is the exact opposite of my intent.

7 minutes ago, desirelines said:

I do believe that the majority of this country is neither homophobic or racist, but to say that there is largely no problem in this country is ridiculous. Sure, the UK is a more inclusive place than it was in the 1930s or 1950s, but prejudice is still exists! You only need to look at the recent spike in racially motivated hate crimes or matey's post about those two girls being beaten by thugs after being targeted as lesbians. A lot of it is subconscious and/or institutionalised, but the more we decry it, the better as a society we become. 

Then we are on the same page apart from the fact that what your hearing me say is there’s no problem when that’s not what I’m saying ,

what I was / am doing is questioning myself out loud in regards to posts that brought up the idea that those not in minority groups can feel resentment and bitterness that they and their problems are not represented ,

Just to add some Friday afternoon lightheartedness (but not to detract from a very serious and important topic with some good discussion happening)...

Petition to change the stadium name for a day to Gay Pride Park anyone!? ??️‍??

I think what I’m trying but failing to get across is that it would be great if all groups ,minority and majority could actually join together to try to stamp out a problem that we have just been moving along the bus for years and that is violent scumbags who terrorise decent innocent people who are either at the point of incident weaker or more vulnerable 

Archived