Possible investment

Rammy03

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So when Mike Ashley sells Newcastle would we take his money? 

I hope not. I don't like his lack of ethics, and he seems shy to invest unless he can see a very big return for himself. The Newcastle fans hardly love him and Rafa has been frustrated by what he sees as a lack of money.

What we need are investors who are ambitious and want success, not like the Americans we had last time.

Having reached the play-offs 4 times in the last 6 years and the final twice in 2014 and 2019 I would say Derby has more potential than most to reach the Premier League. The prize is colossal at £170 million for one season. It didn't deter investors from Aston Villa whose costs are well in excess of ours.

49 minutes ago, KCG said:

I hope not. I don't like his lack of ethics, and he seems shy to invest unless he can see a very big return for himself. The Newcastle fans hardly love him and Rafa has been frustrated by what he sees as a lack of money.

What we need are investors who are ambitious and want success, not like the Americans we had last time.

There was something I liked about the Americans though, I think we were being built up from solid foundations properly and this would have brought about stability so it felt secure. And they seemed keener on the actual 'Soccer' than the Glaziers.

The negative was every decision in football cannot be money based, in any business that is very successful somebody made a punt against the odds. James Dyson invoenting his 34th vaccuum cleaner, Richard Branson buying his first plane and football should be the epitome of this,

I mean we could sign Andy Carroll on a free and pay him £5,000 a week pay as you play two year contract and he could push us to promotion with 30 goals and 40 assists in his first season and help us to mid table security in his second with his prem experience  getting him 15 goals and 15 assist all for about £500k (I really doubt any of this but stay with me) Return 34000% I think

Or we could get him on free be pushed up to £10k a week and he does both ACL's in a freak bambi style injury and is out for the whole two years, insurers refused to insure him due to previous injury record and we are £1m with bog all to show for it. Return negative infintie % I think

There I think I have proved my point  or watch Moneyball and prove I haven't

20 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

There was something I liked about the Americans though, I think we were being built up from solid foundations properly and this would have brought about stability so it felt secure. And they seemed keener on the actual 'Soccer' than the Glaziers.

The negative was every decision in football cannot be money based, in any business that is very successful somebody made a punt against the odds. James Dyson invoenting his 34th vaccuum cleaner, Richard Branson buying his first plane and football should be the epitome of this,

I mean we could sign Andy Carroll on a free and pay him £5,000 a week pay as you play two year contract and he could push us to promotion with 30 goals and 40 assists in his first season and help us to mid table security in his second with his prem experience  getting him 15 goals and 15 assist all for about £500k (I really doubt any of this but stay with me) Return 34000% I think

Or we could get him on free be pushed up to £10k a week and he does both ACL's in a freak bambi style injury and is out for the whole two years, insurers refused to insure him due to previous injury record and we are £1m with bog all to show for it. Return negative infintie % I think

There I think I have proved my point  or watch Moneyball and prove I haven't

Oh no. When did Bambi get injured?

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He has been my guess as soon as Mel said he was looking for investors.

I didn’t mean for him to buy the club but to invest as per MM wishes and obviously he has huge sums tied up in Newcastle and we wouldn’t be looking at owning the club - just an option out there when he flogs off Newcastle ️ For all their moaning 

50 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Having reached the play-offs 4 times in the last 6 years and the final twice in 2014 and 2019 I would say Derby has more potential than most to reach the Premier League. The prize is colossal at £170 million for one season. It didn't deter investors from Aston Villa whose costs are well in excess of ours.

I would imagine a serious investor the prize wouldnt be purely the 1.7 million for getting there but a prolonged stay which would lead a yearly return

The GSE ownership ended well and was ultimately shown to be sensibly run, stable and in the best interests of the club.... However, they only went down that road after giving Paul Jewell a load of money to try to get back up. Then the first couple of nigel Clough years were not a happy time...

2 hours ago, KCG said:

I generally agree, but sometimes the former can only happen after someone like the latter has steadied the ship.

We were ripe for some investment after the GSE years, which don’t get me wrong, were largely turgid on the pitch. Similarly, while Ashley gets a lot of stick, he’s run the club very sensibly in many ways. Newcastle actually turn a profit. Now the new investors can start spending from day one, no huge outstanding debts to clear.

The problem with us now is that we are operating at a loss and we may or may not be close to FFP. This could mean we cannot spend money, even if we have it. Weirdly, I think in many ways, we were a more attractive club to investors when we finished mid-table in 2013 than we are as play-off finalists in 2019.

Im slightly jealous of Newcastle imagine someone with that money buying us. Oh were governed by FFP i'll just get my cousin in manchester to buy our targets, loan them to us, & buy them off him when we've got promoted with 120 points 

4 hours ago, Duracell said:

Newcastle actually turn a profit.

A lot of clubs in the Premier turn a profit, but that's because of all the TV and sponsorship money.

Under the Americans I'd never been so bored. If that's what fans want a return to, I'm sure someone will oblige.

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I didn’t mean for him to buy the club but to invest as per MM wishes and obviously he has huge sums tied up in Newcastle and we wouldn’t be looking at owning the club - just an option out there when he flogs off Newcastle ️ For all their moaning 

Not for a second do I see Ashley investing in anything where he didn't call the tune. He would be an absolute disaster - just ask the Geordies.

13 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not for a second do I see Ashley investing in anything where he didn't call the tune. He would be an absolute disaster - just ask the Geordies.

He hasn’t been that bad has he? - they have been in the premiership and stayed there bar one season I think and all he ever said was that they had to live within their means which is what we want isn’t it? - he sure isn’t a popular person but he does invest in decent prospects 

17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He hasn’t been that bad has he? - they have been in the premiership and stayed there bar one season I think and all he ever said was that they had to live within their means which is what we want isn’t it? - he sure isn’t a popular person but he does invest in decent prospects 

I echo this, not sure why people are so negative about him, when they were relegated Newcastle signed Matt Ritchie and Dwight Gayle (amongst others), he backed his manager, Rafa Benitez and they got promoted.

Ok, so he didnt allow Newcaslte to sign Ronaldo, but last time I checked they were an established Premier League team in such a good position that some of the richest men in the world wants to buy them.

If Mike Ashley has done a bad job id love to see what he is capable of doing when he is on form.

7 hours ago, KCG said:

Difficulty is expecting someone from say USA, China, Russia, Middle East to have the same sort of passion as Mel. They may have passion but often it's for money not footy.

Watching the reaction of the Villa owners after the game, their expressions / reactions seemed more like those of lottery winners than match winners. 

2 hours ago, europia said:

Difficulty is expecting someone from say USA, China, Russia, Middle East to have the same sort of passion as Mel. They may have passion but often it's for money not footy.

Watching the reaction of the Villa owners after the game, their expressions / reactions seemed more like those of lottery winners than match winners. 

True, but I am sure we would be quite happy with owners like they have at Wolves or Leicester.

Archived