Possible investment

Rammy03

I've heard a few rumours that Mel is looking for investment from overseas and that talks have been in place recently. As we are a fairly big club, a sleeping giant some might say, surely it's only a matter of time before someone brings some money in. And after countless failed attempts and near misses to get into the premier League, it's about time some rich ass ducker pumps some cash into the club and finally gets us to where we need to be.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not rumours, MM said as much at a recent forum.

No matter how much money is pumped in we still have to abide by FFP. 

Think this is more looking towards someone sharing the burden with MM with a potential pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

If you had the same amount of money as you do passion you would be a very wealthy man. 

I am afaird Derby take my hard earned money mate. With my season ticket now plus wembly even through did not win.

Been reports of early stage talks before and Mel pretty much confirmed he was looking for investment. Felt sure we’d start the process if we didn’t go up. His recent interview suggests otherwise tho so I’m not convinced totally by some of these rumours. Think he’ll stay as owner for now at least, tho clearly we’re sure attractive for investors given the infrastructure in places academy etc and the chance of prem riches perhaps. Seeming like we need to do a wolves if we’re ever gonna get out this bar steward division.

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Think he’ll stay as owner for now at least, tho clearly we’re sure attractive for investors given the infrastructure in places academy etc and the chance of prem riches perhaps. Seeming like we need to do a wolves if we’re ever gonna get out this bar steward division.

We are a business making huge losses, that has just sold it's single biggest asset (if you ignore goodwill) to ensure we meet regulatory requirements. We have pushed ourself to the very limits and still fallen short every time. Not sure why you see us as attractive for investors. 

The 3 things we have in our favour are:-

1 - The academy 

2 - Our fan based

3 - The FL factor, though next season will be the first real indicator of how much this counts for

6 hours ago, Parsnip said:

We're a massively investable club.  I can totally see it happening.

See the above. Think we are one of the less attractive clubs for investors of they are in it to make money.

2 hours ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

Not exactly a sleeping giant but still a club with potential

Literally every club has potential if there is money to be thrown at it.

9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

We have as much potential as Leicester, bigger local fan base too, there’re half egg chasers.

Fan based counts for very little in the Premier League. The fact that Leicester have won the Premier League gives them way more potential than us.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

We are a business making huge losses, that has just sold it's single biggest asset (if you ignore goodwill) to ensure we meet regulatory requirements. We have pushed ourself to the very limits and still fallen short every time. Not sure why you see us as attractive for investors. 

1 - The academy 

2 - Our fan based

3 - The FL factor, though next season will be the first real indicator of how much this counts for

See the above. Think we are one of the less attractive clubs for investors of they are in it to make money.

Fan based counts for very little in the Premier League. The fact that Leicester have won the Premier League gives them way more potential than us.

Good points but definitely attractive for investors purely on the possibility of achieving Premier League football which is worth a risk and short term loss. 

38 minutes ago, Davide said:

Good points but definitely attractive for investors purely on the possibility of achieving Premier League football which is worth a risk and short term loss. 

Wouldn't an investor be looking for a club on the cheap if the money from promotion to the Premier League was their aim?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

1 - The academy 

2 - Our fan based

Some bold claims here.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Now yes, but they dropped lucky with their wealthy foreign investor when they were in a similar position to us.

Not that I'm particularly eager for a "wealthy foreign investor" as it seems only 10% or so turn out to actually be good for their club.

Get the next commonwealth games in Derby. Give it to the club after the games. Call it the City of Derby stadium. Middle East investors come in. Get someone like - say, Pep G - as manager. Win the league a couple of times. But not the champions League, strangely. Money can't buy me love. 

Archived