Poor selection

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Only the management team knew how fit waghorn and Marriott were and I am sure waghorn would have started if fit deemed fit enough 

over the season lampard- one of the best midfielders of recent times has always selected Bryson when fit to partner mount and when absent holmes and neither were available sadly so Huddlestone started which slows us down drastically 

Yeah because Bryson really gets us moving it forward quickly doesn’t he???? 

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Roos made a massive mistake that cost us but he want the only 1 to blame bogle on the first goal cant let the attacker get in front of him! Marriott should of started simple!

I will be worried if Roos is our number 1 going into next season 

Oh there's a Lampard has been exposed post! Was that posted before yesterday's game? Was it posted when Jody Morris got us into the play offs? I'm assuming yesterday was expected and you never dreamt we'd win. Went with no belief obviously. 

Is he as clueless as Bielsa? 

Imo we need a manager who's never lost a big game. Or someone who knows how to get out the division like Pulis. 

Great players don't make great managers. Everyone knows that's a fact. There's a list of them! 

I was just looking at the list of average players that made poor managers and it's much smaller. In fact it's just Phil Brown. 

Mel is daft. Everyone knows these rules. You learn the management trade by playing in League 2. Duh!

20 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Honestly I would sooner come out and go down fighting any day of the week , rather than be playing football under the lets keep it tight lads scenario .

If we had got gubbed 7/0 you would have been livid as would many many more and rightly so , there is a balance that has to be struck , losing 4 /0 by going gung ho because you are 2/0 nil down is one thing but putting out a side that’s so gung ho that it loses 7/0 is grounds for crucifixion for any manager let alone one in his first season ,imagine the naive threads on that one 

sorry mate I just wish people would be honest and sensible 

45 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Oh there's a Lampard has been exposed post! Was that posted before yesterday's game? Was it posted when Jody Morris got us into the play offs? I'm assuming yesterday was expected and you never dreamt we'd win. Went with no belief obviously. 

You could have posted it after L**ds, Frank got lucky in that he had to take Holmes off. He set us up too defensively with no width. Criminal not starting Marriott. 

Funny how when you like a manager, he gets the credit for everything good, and anything bad is extenuating circumstances.

When you don’t, it’s the opposite. I can see that for some, Lady Luck effectively coached us to 6th place, and her leadership was completely undermined by Lampard.

14 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Funny how when you like a manager, he gets the credit for everything good, and anything bad is extenuating circumstances.

When you don’t, it’s the opposite. I can see that for some, Lady Luck effectively coached us to 6th place, and her leadership was completely undermined by Lampard.

Funny how when you're blind to the fact of how good the squad can be, that when it does badly it's their fault and the manager only gets credit.

3 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Now just wait for the clamour of people to tell you that you are wrong, that the team selection didn’t lose us the game the two errors did.

How could you know better than Frank? Blah blah blah. I’ve been crucified for saying similar to you. 

I do believe Holmes was injured at Leeds and deemed not fit enough to take part so that clears that one up. 

Criminal to play Bennett ahead of Marriott or Waghorn, totally ineffective.

So in the main I’m in agreement with you, good luck with the do gooders coming your way 

give over man.

I just don't like whinging moaning fans who think they know it all.

No crucifying. No blah blah blah.

TobyWanKenobi
18 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Bennett will always give 100% but when Marriottt and Waghorn came on the Villa defence looked shakey. Unfortunately today was one game too far. Let's blood some youngsters and go again next year. 

It's alright saying 'blood the youngsters' but some of these clowns that call them fans are on them from the get go if performances aren't perfect. Remember the stick Bogle got for the having the gall to be picked ahead of Wisdom at the start of the season?

31 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

give over man.

I just don't like whinging moaning fans who think they know it all.

No crucifying. No blah blah blah.

When the popular opinion amongst fans and ex pros, commentators all match then it’s a little more than whinging, moaning. 

I think I’m quite balanced, been a good season, it could have gone better at times too so lots of positives. 

Now the three major guys leave we will see for sure what Lampard is made of. 

2 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

When the popular opinion amongst fans and ex pros, commentators all match then it’s a little more than whinging, moaning. 

I think I’m quite balanced, been a good season, it could have gone better at times too so lots of positives. 

Now the three major guys leave we will see for sure what Lampard is made of. 

You sound like you want him to fail, just so you can be proven right.

I didn't read the rest of your seasons posts so don't know how balanced you are.

Since Monday at 5pm you've not been balanced at all. You;re still making this wild claim that if Jack had started the result would have been different. I can't "debate" that. It's all in your head.

Anyway, as I've already said, it's not my job to be defending Frank.

Fill your boots pal, hammer away.

23 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

You sound like you want him to fail, just so you can be proven right.

I didn't read the rest of your seasons posts so don't know how balanced you are.

Since Monday at 5pm you've not been balanced at all. You;re still making this wild claim that if Jack had started the result would have been different. I can't "debate" that. It's all in your head.

Anyway, as I've already said, it's not my job to be defending Frank.

Fill your boots pal, hammer away.

Think I’ve been very balanced, of course I don’t want him to fail and as for that starting line up I believe it was wrong and didn’t give us the best chance to win the game. Clearly you are on your in an exclusive club if you think anything else.

As for next season saying we will see what he’s made of and you jumping down my throat smacks of being over defensive of him.  Will always back him but when I don’t agree I don’t agree

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You could have posted it after L**ds, Frank got lucky in that he had to take Holmes off. He set us up too defensively with no width. Criminal not starting Marriott. 

He didn't get lucky. He bought Marriott. He then brought him on. He helped developed the mentality we have

30 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Think I’ve been very balanced, of course I don’t want him to fail and as for that starting line up I believe it was wrong and didn’t give us the best chance to win the game. Clearly you are on your in an exclusive club if you think anything else.

As for next season saying we will see what he’s made of and you jumping down my throat smacks of being over defensive of him.  Will always back him but when I don’t agree I don’t agree

I'm jumping down your throat?

I'm tired of arguing with stupid people. You can't even see that it was you who threw the first insult. You can't see your double standards.

Come back with whatever reply you want, I'll read it then you're going on ignore.

19 minutes ago, Alpha said:

He didn't get lucky. He bought Marriott. He then brought him on. He helped developed the mentality we have

Yep and when the switch was made it wasn’t that Holmes got injured in the game and had to go off , it was stated that Holmes had been played carrying a niggle and was just not affecting the game enough on the pitch

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Funny how when you're blind to the fact of how good the squad can be, that when it does badly it's their fault and the manager only gets credit.

Not true though. 

How many Derby fans would have been unhappy at Marriott not starting? 

Would 70% be a fair guess? More? 

So I'm sure theres plenty that will say he got it wrong with his line up. I'd be one too.

Just don't think anyone should assume that if Marriott had started that we'd have started like we finished. We wouldn't necessarily have won. We may have got tonked with only Johnson to look after Grealish. Grealish started dropping deeper to get involved and that was good for us. 

Villa taking the lead to us becoming more aggressive and them more defensive. As is the case in many many matches. 

You say it's funny how blind people can be to the squad doing well but then you praise the squad for the Leeds game and call Lampard lucky but blame Lampard yesterday when one of the goals was one hell of a individual feck up. That's hypocrisy

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

I was just looking at the list of average players that made poor managers and it's much smaller.

Not really sure what your point is.

Alex Fergusson was an average footballer. How many great footballers, have been great managers?

Do people really think the game would have panned out the same with a different formation/personnel?

There's a reason why Grealish and Abraham were pretty anonymous.

Just saying playing Marriott/Waghorn instead of Huddlestone/Bennett would have led to us scoring more and winning is just silly. 

It's quite possible it could have led to Grealish/Abraham having more of an effect on the game.

15 minutes ago, KCG said:

Not really sure what your point is.

Alex Fergusson was an average footballer. How many great footballers, have been great managers?

I hate all sides of this argument. The quality of a player, whether they were cack or immense, has no bearing on their potential managerial outlook.

Do you know why, in terms of statistics, that more managers were poor/mediocre players? Because there's a vast number of poor/mediocre players out there. Compared to what? 1% of the football player population being "great", If that.

Of course they'd make up a large proportion of managers. And, if there are more managers of that origin, more of the good ones will be of that origin. It's pretty basic.

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not true though.

I don't think there's anything wrong in saying Lampard got it wrong, in fact imho he's got it wrong quite a few times this season, especially against Villa.

He's built his team this season to press and play attacking football and that's when we have looked good. However, inexplicably on occasions he has made sudden changes and the performance has suffered e.g. second half at home to Villa and at Villa Park (team selection was horrible!).

He had no choice but to play Cole yesterday (he played OK), but to then play Huddlestone from the off made us very pedestrian at the back. Huddlestone lost the ball a few times and couldn't recover because of his lack of pace. We fannied around at the back playing me to you football, giving Villa the momentum. We looked like conceding every time they attacked.

I just couldn't see the rationale of changing the momentum following the Leeds win. Surely starting Marriott would have put Villa on the defensive? Marriott is a class finisher (unfortunately a Premier team is likely to see the benefit of that. Villa?).

Archived