The Politics Thread 2019

Day

22 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

For the record, I'm barely speaking to my folks because they're voting blue.  And the only reason they can give me is "Not that bloody Corbyn"...

It's a sad reflection on current politics and specifically this election.

I'm sure there will be a large number of people voting for the leader they dislike/don't trust the least not necessarily because they support the party (or their work of fiction. Sorry I mean manifesto) they voted for.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The hate in this thread is awful. 

But hey I have broad shoulders and I’m voting  Tory. 

I respect if others want to vote a different way. 

I won’t be happy if the vote goes against me but that’s democracy 

I have to say, I don't get that respect from your posts on this thread but as long as we all respect the result

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

I don’t mind Boris, yes he has made mistakes, haven’t we all. You don’t go through life without making the odd fook up along the way.

I'd deem Boris as making far more than 'the odd fook up'. 

Anyway, it's not hugely relevant to the question of who to vote for. I was just baffled as to how someone can love him as much as Curtains does.

I'm sure Corbyn has some skeletons in his closet, and, as a politician, he's automatically not going to be my favourite person. But, I'm 99% sure he's a better bloke than Johnson.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'd deem Boris as making far more than 'the odd fook up'. 

Anyway, it's not hugely relevant to the question of who to vote for. I was just baffled as to how someone can love him as much as Curtains does.

I'm sure Corbyn has some skeletons in his closet, and, as a politician, he's automatically not going to be my favourite person. But, I'm 99% sure he's a better bloke than Johnson.

We will have to disagree on that one, I’d rather not spend time with either but if I did it would not be one that comes across as a terrorist sympathiser.

Now the day has arrived, what a dreadful choice confronts us to select a leader - a hooray Henry or a left-wing lame duck - I have a feeling Labour will rue the day Corbyn was elected. I've never been so disillusioned about the future leadership of this country of ours - to the point of seriously considering abstention - oh for a John Smith to pull people closer together.

Both main parties are as bad as each other, churning out lie after lie, either coming out with promises they'll never deliver but which pander to their supporters or issuing scare-mongering statements about the other side. No serious votable alternatives sadly.

Never mind, to serve us we have the cringe-worthy buffoon Michael Fabricant who is a shoe-in for another 5 years which says it all really.

26 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The hate in this thread is awful.

You're not wrong mate

On 10/12/2019 at 10:11, Curtains said:

I hate the BBC. 

On 12/10/2019 at 07:35, Angry Ram said:

There is a lot more to dislike about Corbyn than his inability to add up. Actually dislike is the wrong word. Hate would be nearer the mark..

On 12/10/2019 at 16:43, Angry Ram said:

Nope... Thought about it and hate covers it.. 

On 30/11/2019 at 19:42, Van Gritters said:

If I could I would try and look at ways of paying less tax. I hate tax

As a wise man once said:

On 13/10/2019 at 15:03, SchtivePesley said:

Hate is a really ugly emotion and no good ever comes of it.

32 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It's a sad reflection on current politics and specifically this election.

I'm sure there will be a large number of people voting for the leader they dislike/don't trust the least not necessarily because they support the party (or their work of fiction. Sorry I mean manifesto) they voted for.

Fortunately in Erewash Catherine Atkinson is by far the best candidate.  You can actually see & feel her passion for doing some good.  Compare that to Maggie Throp who's barely stuck her head above the parapet since campaigning started, and it's like night & day

31 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I have to say, I don't get that respect from your posts on this thread but as long as we all respect the result

We will respect the result. 

Don't forget there are winners and losers whoever wins. 

If Labour win I might lose my final salary pension from BT which I worked all my life for. etc etc 

If the Tories win then you will feel hard done by because of your beliefs etc etc 

44 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If they're extreme right, then I think that's more than fair. Having enough hatred for one of the two main parties, that you fall out and harbour dislike for people who vote for them though, that doesn't sit right with me. It's almost entitlement. It's the ugly side effect of elections, I can't stand it. 

It's not purely based on one comment, he's been winding us all up for years.  Perfectly reasonable to tire of so much bull dung...

43 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

That's lefties for you. Think they have the moral and intellectual high ground etc. Anyone who votes leave is a racist ,doesn't know what they voted for,tell you what I'll piss myself laughing if the Tories get in and tell the E.U it's no deal.

You're right.  The banter when we end up with another decade of austerity because Boris' bum boys from the city, who promised they wouldn't sod off to Germany as soon as poo hits the fan, will be epic ?

9 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

You're not wrong mate

As a wise man once said:

Do you think @ramsbottom posts are acceptable? 

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We will respect the result. 

Don't forget there are winners and losers whoever wins. 

If Labour win I might lose my final salary pension from BT which I worked all my life for. etc etc 

If the Tories win then you will feel hard done by because of your beliefs etc etc 

Why will you lose your pension?

Archived