England v Czech Republic

Day

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dier and Henderson in midfield is a little defensive for a home game against poor opposition. 

Front three is very impressive though, should cause a lot of damage.

We really need some better centre backs, Tomori will be in for a call up after a couple injuries. 

I don't think the Czech's are poor opposition, they're obviously not a top team but certainly in the bracket of 'they'll give you a game' sort of team.

I don't think we're brilliant either but I really like watching this group play under Southgate. It's a matter of time before Sterling starts producing on the international scene which could be scary stuff looking at the players around him also in that attack. 

It's coming home. 

Think part of the problem with our back up centre backs is, whilst solid and robust enough, they're quite different in style to Stones and Gomez. Maguire is reasonably reliable on the ball on the left of a back three but Keane and Tarkowski are a bit too much on the carthorse spectrum for me.

Can't be ideal going into a tournament where one injury or suspension means necessitating a change in style or risk jeopardising the effectiveness of the usual system.

Still, exciting times for Inglaterra.

Archived