Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

As expected, “Mel Morris did not “pull the plug” on a planned warm-weather training camp in Dubai”

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/full-story-behind-derby-countys-2681133

An article in the DET actually providing new information? How about that.

Makes far more sense. Cancelling a pre-arranged training camp would not save much money, those places don't give refunds to last minute cancellations. Stands to reason it was never arranged at all.

Lampard, Morris and Jones were in America with that "Salt Bae" guy, Morris looked pretty happy on his Instagram story, happy to be away with the wife. 5 days is a nice amount of time off in the sun, more to worry about than a trip to dubai with 9 maybe 12 massive games left for the team. They can go on a trip after we lift the trophy at Wembley!

7 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Lampard, Morris and Jones were in America with that "Salt Bae" guy, Morris looked pretty happy on his Instagram story, happy to be away with the wife. 5 days is a nice amount of time off in the sun, more to worry about than a trip to dubai with 9 maybe 12 massive games left for the team. They can go on a trip after we lift the trophy at Wembley!

They were in Dubai with Salt Bae. 

I think a lot all went Dubai by coincidence really. Seems to be the getaway place for footballers. 

Reminds me of that Pass it On series Derby did on YouTube.

”We’re looking at the possibility of going to Dubai on a training camp”

”Mel’s paying for an all expenses trip to Dubai for players and their families”

”Mel’s pulled the plug on a Dubai holiday that the players had planned on taking their missus and now they are not happy”

?

39 minutes ago, David said:

Reminds me of that Pass it On series Derby did on YouTube.

”We’re looking at the possibility of going to Dubai on a training camp”

”Mel’s paying for an all expenses trip to Dubai for players and their families”

”Mel’s pulled the plug on a Dubai holiday that the players had planned on taking their missus and now they are not happy”

?

“The club’s using drones to record training sessions now”

“Mel’s using drones to spy on training sessions now”

”Mel’s been spying on training sessions with a drone and Pearson’s so fuming he now brings an air rifle to training to shoot it down”

33 minutes ago, LauraH said:

The reporter, Matt Hughes has replied to the DET article with this - 

145134236_ScreenShot2019-03-25at11_08_27.thumb.png.c6d2c9c3df91d75daa2e88ca96094157.png

The players went to Dubai at their own expense..... how ever will they cope. I'll get them in contact with Shelter.

11 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

The players went to Dubai at their own expense..... how ever will they cope. I'll get them in contact with Shelter.

Our players arent as rich as you think - this Dubai trip probably cost most of them a good one or two days worth of wages. Richard Keogh cant even afford to drive himself to work.

2 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

My sources have exclusively revealed that Matt Hughes is a melon farmer.

One these days, a journalist will be honest and say " I got it wrong, I do apologise for making a mistake."

2 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

One these days, a journalist will be honest and say " I got it wrong, I do apologise for making a mistake."

Simply won't happen though will it? He'll get a mighty pat on the back from driving so many page impressions- which equals Ad revenue. That's all that matters these days.

1 minute ago, SouthStandDan said:

I doubt it. Likewise, just continue to insinuate that Matt Hughes et al are melon farmers unless they prove otherwise. 

There aren’t many brilliant journalists and the few that are stand out like a sore thumb. The rest just regurgitate bland filler for the bland masses. A bit like Talksport, BBC Sport etc; some good stuff but the majority is background noise to be taken with a pinch of salt.

14 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I doubt it. Likewise, just continue to insinuate that Matt Hughes et al are melon farmers unless they prove otherwise. 

There aren’t many brilliant journalists and the few that are stand out like a sore thumb. The rest just regurgitate bland filler for the bland masses. A bit like Talksport, BBC Sport etc; some good stuff but the majority is background noise to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Have you seen his 'professional' photo?

I mean, I'm aware that in a suit I look like a homeless person they've tried to dress up - But he looks like a 16 year old who's borrowed his Dad's suit and doesn't quite know how to make a serious face for the camera...

"Club decides players might prefer an actual holiday to a training camp" doesn't make for great headlines though does it?

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

“The club’s using drones to record training sessions now”

“Mel’s using drones to spy on training sessions now”

”Mel’s been spying on training sessions with a drone and Pearson’s so fuming he now brings an air rifle to training to shoot it down”

Rowett was on 5Live this weekend. The interview asked him about interference from owners and said Mel Morris had a reputation for it. 

Rowett to his credit batted it away, saying complementary things about Morris... Suggested no interference while he was manager. He just need to keep Mel up to date, and Mel wanted reassurance his money was being used wisely. 

He had a great opportunity to dish the dirt, but didn't even make the slightest hint of being unhappy with anything Mel did. 

Obviously no newspaper headlines regarding these remarks. 

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Rowett was on 5Live this weekend. The interview asked him about interference from owners and said Mel Morris had a reputation for it. 

Rowett to his credit batted it away, saying complementary things about Morris... Suggested no interference while he was manager. He just need to keep Mel up to date, and Mel wanted reassurance his money was being used wisely. 

He had a great opportunity to dish the dirt, but didn't even make the slightest hint of being unhappy with anything Mel did. 

Obviously no newspaper headlines regarding these remarks. 

The press is really wanting someone to spill the beans. Even though, I think, there’s precious few of real interest to spill. A chairman of a company holds his staff accountable and asks for updates. Wooooah there. Imagine that at work?! 

ive nothing against FL but there’s not a remote chance that anything that happens to Derby will ever be reported as his fault. He’s too well liked and connected and we’re far too provincial. 

Jeez, when I win the euro millions and take over Derby, they’ll not know what accountability is!! ‘

’Oh ,two sugars now is it Mrs tea lady? This is where we keep the candarel’

’not scored a hat-trick today eh so called forwards? Meet me in Specsavers at 4:45!’

’let in goals from crap crosses again? Meet me in Bubbles; I’ll show you clean sheets. Cancel that, I make it Chaddesden launderette’.

’thanks for the continued booing guys. I mean support. Please boo towards the newly installed wind turbine in the West Stand so I can power up the drones and Bieslas MS Office 98 (that guy is space age what with his northern spreadsheet dot matrix print outs and abacus’

‘Thanks assembled journos for attending our press conference. I’m just popping out the back to prepare your special refreshments’

Im a millionaire hundreds of times over so it’s free ST’s til we reach the Prem or I’m down to the last £10m. I’m not silly, yeah?

Archived