Derby County v Hull City Match thread.

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who is worried about Bristol City, check out their fixtures.

Qpr, Norwich, Preston away  Leeds and Birmingham coming up.

With Wolves in the cup.

Also yet to play Villa, Boro, Derby, West Brom and a final day of Hull away.

Tough.

Good all round performance today. Dominated all over the pitch. Made a massive difference that some of our players that have been off it for awhile stepped up and it showed on the team performance. Bryson hasn’t been good for awhile but had a really good game today as did Huddz. 

Waghorn, Malone and Roos has great games where the whole team deserved that win.

Comfortable. Waghorn deserves MOM for shift and 2 goals.

Special mention to Bryson, best I’ve seen him this season, most forward he got in team for ages..... played very well.

Hudds and I’m getting more and more impressed with Malone. 

Just keep winning, league is still there for the taking, not conceding many, 5 unbeaten..... ticking over nicely 

Had this pegged for a draw, but that was a big performance.

They obviously hadn't got their shooting boots on, but hey, you have to

take your chances and if you don't that's the difference in the Championship.

You could see how they've been getting these wins, 5 across the middle,. and

quick attacking, but we were able to control most of the game. Waghorne and 

Huddlestone stood out today, although thought everyone put a shift in, if

we can get another 3 at the Tractors we should be starting to move back up!

COYR  ?

Great to see that we've managed to get to February and not completely collapse, Frank must be doing something right!

Solid performance albeit little flair. Bogle and Waghorn in particular played very well. Malone and Hudds also put in a good show. Roos is staking a very strong claim.

Only complaint (and clearly Frank agreed) is Jozefzoon's performance. Never in the position he was meant to be and didn't add anything. Malone had to look after the left himself

I'm finding the overall reaction more positive than expected. 

I thought we were fairly average tbh. Hull showed very little. Hard to imagine how they went on a such a great run.

2-0 is a nice result. But the match won't live long in the memory.

I thought that was one of our better performances of the season today. I’m not saying it was the full shilling, but looked good all over the park. It helps knowing we have Mount and Marriott to come back. 

Roos - 8; Bogle - 8, Keogh - 8, Tomori - 8, Malone - 7; Bryson - 5, Huddlestone - 8, Holmes - 7; Wilson - 6, Waghorn - 8, Jozefzoon - 7. 

Bennett and King did well with what time they had, although the former was rather erratic. 

34 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Great highlights package so soon after the final whistle. Hull's chances not as clearcut as expected! Harry Wilson was taken out on the edge of their box (elbowed) with nothing given - he'd obviously have scored the freekick had we been given what we should have. 

Lovely passes for both goals. Tomori seemed to miss the game's best chance - has to Bury that header. Pleased Ipswich have a bruising local Derby tomorrow before facing us on Wednesday. Happy days. The vodka is open in celebration. 

16 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

I agree, was surprised to see someone summing up his performance as "nothing of note"" 

???????

He was ok, but thought Bryson’s performance has warranted more praise if I’m honest.

The Hollywood cross field balls that take 5 seconds to reach the man who is being marked by two men need to stop. Slowed our play in the first half two or three times and everyone is applauding it whole Malone has nowhere to go. Sorry but it’s a nonsense. There were a lot of slow, ‘casual balls’ from him and Tomori too which put is, directly or indirectly, in danger.

He was ok and had a better second half but those performances haven’t been consistent from him either. 

19 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I'm finding the overall reaction more positive than expected. 

I thought we were fairly average tbh. Hull showed very little. Hard to imagine how they went on a such a great run.

2-0 is a nice result. But the match won't live long in the memory.

I think, in fairness, we stopped a large amount of any momentum they built up because we controlled the game. Could see flashes of what they are about but we ground them down over the game. It was a very professional performance by us without being outstanding.

35 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Comfortable. Waghorn deserves MOM for shift and 2 goals.

Special mention to Bryson, best I’ve seen him this season, most forward he got in team for ages..... played very well.

Hudds and I’m getting more and more impressed with Malone. 

Just keep winning, league is still there for the taking, not conceding many, 5 unbeaten..... ticking over nicely 

Malone is an unsung hero in my eyes, deserves a lot more credit then he gets. Fully agree with Bryson too.

Archived