Is championship the best league in the world

Archied

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/02/2019 at 20:35, Archied said:

,it’s real sport ,the football is vastly improved with the heady mix of passion and no fan ever turns up or tunes in to a forgone conclusion , how long before it is recognised as the real heart and soul of English football and everything that made it great to support

If I am honest, I wouldn't watch any championship football if the Rams were in the PL. 

12 hours ago, europia said:

If I am honest, I wouldn't watch any championship football if the Rams were in the PL. 

That’s how I would have been until recently ,, now I watch far more championship football than prem ( if not watching derby ) and can honestly tell you the reason for that is well beyond it being the league derby are in ,

i love to watch decent boxing and can tell you it’s not all about the supposed big names , there are real cracking fights at all levels ,

for me NOW the championship is the best league in the world ,it’s everything and more about English football that snared me as a kid and kept me watching for years 

I would want promotion for the financial boost but would miss the championship pretty quickly I reckon 

I don't watch much non-Derby football in general any more, so I can't really say.

But it HAS to be the most competitive one surely? I can't imagine there's another league with a smaller gap between the best and worst teams.

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 19:28, cannable said:

Bournemouth and Newcastle only won the league due to last minute goals elsewhere, to be fair…

Plus we were better than Bournemouth and finished eighth

"We were better than Bournemouth and finished eighth"

There you have the best post of 2019.....

For unpredictability yes ,  for quality obviously nowhere near , I'd rather be in the Prem for the quality of football you get to see ,but it is better to be in the championship than get you arse handed to you on a plate like we did last time . Another good thing about the championship is the ticket prices are more affordable than in the prem, I really hope Mel doesn't do us dirty if we do go up and charge us £40 for a cheap seat against Watford or Everton.

Certainly one of the most competitive. There are clearly better quality leagues but I'm not sure that always equates to enhanced entertainment value. I remember Football Italia from back in the day and whilst the quality was there, it was most often less watchable than slow-drying paint. 

8 hours ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

For unpredictability yes ,  for quality obviously nowhere near , I'd rather be in the Prem for the quality of football you get to see ,but it is better to be in the championship than get you arse handed to you on a plate like we did last time . Another good thing about the championship is the ticket prices are more affordable than in the prem, I really hope Mel doesn't do us dirty if we do go up and charge us £40 for a cheap seat against Watford or Everton.

Aren't away tickets capped at £20 in the Premier League?

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Owners want promotion for money

players want promotion for money

fans....I have no idea why anyone wants promotion

To visit new grounds that we have never played or I have visited before

To have a chance, albeit remote, of competing  in Europe and having the chance to have a boys jolly, something that has only happened once in my lifetime and your mates robbed us of that opportunity

So we don’t have to play Milwall

Archived