The cash in a cup run

therealhantsram

25 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Not sure why Johnson gets put in that bracket all the time tbh. He actually wants to play football. He's done well this season when he has played. Give him a break

And still training with the first team squad unlike the others if photos are to be believed on the website. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

No, it's definitely per round. 

No - I'm 100% sure its not.

For instance:

1 Winner - 3.6 Million

1 Loser - 1.8 Million

2 losing Semi - 900k each - Total 1.8 Million

4 winning Quarters - 720k each - Total 2.88 Million

8 winning 5th Round - 360k each - Total 2.88 Million

16 winning 4th Round - 180k Each - Total 2.88 Million

32 winning 3rd Round - 135k Each - Total 4.32 Million

total of the above is 20.16 Million.

Now I'm ignoring second round or earlier in my maths. The prize fund in 2017/18 was £13 Million and this year they doubled if.

If under your theory they received money at each round - the total pot would be a hundred million which isn't the case.

The winner of every round from the prelimanary to the final picks up the cheque amount.

In other words Derby County have won two rounds:

3rd Round = £135,000 //  4th Round = £180,000. Total (so far) they will receive from the FA £315,000.

In the FA Cup each side, plus the FA, receive 1/3rd of the gate receipts, so the bigger the attendance the bigger the receipts, which is why many of the 'smaller' clubs prefer a money-spinner tie away from home against a Premier team.

On top of that, the TV companies then pick a match, as well as a replay and the money is shared between the two teams, however, no sure how much is guaranteed.

53 minutes ago, rammieib said:

No - I'm 100% sure its not.

For instance:

1 Winner - 3.6 Million

1 Loser - 1.8 Million

2 losing Semi - 900k each - Total 1.8 Million

4 winning Quarters - 720k each - Total 2.88 Million

8 winning 5th Round - 360k each - Total 2.88 Million

16 winning 4th Round - 180k Each - Total 2.88 Million

32 winning 3rd Round - 135k Each - Total 4.32 Million

total of the above is 20.16 Million.

Now I'm ignoring second round or earlier in my maths. The prize fund in 2017/18 was £13 Million and this year they doubled if.

If under your theory they received money at each round - the total pot would be a hundred million which isn't the case.

I agree with most of what you've written here  - apart from that you missed the 2 winning semi finalists @ 1.8m each.  I guess you excluded that deliberately because it doesn't align with your interpretation?

That would make the total from Round 3 onwards £23.7m.  The total for the earlier rounds is £6.5m.  So a £30.2m prize fund in total.

Your maths is off somewhere. No idea where the hundred million figure comes from.

54 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

In the FA Cup each side, plus the FA, receive 1/3rd of the gate receipts, so the bigger the attendance the bigger the receipts, which is why many of the 'smaller' clubs prefer a money-spinner tie away from home against a Premier team.

Accrington's chairman has stated that a recent change means the FA do not get any of the money.

It is split completely 50/50.

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/prize-fund

The Emirates FA Cup
Season 2018-19
Payments made from The FA's prize fund

Extra preliminary round winners(184)£2,250 Losers receive £750

Preliminary round winners(160)£2,890 Losers receive £960

First round qualifying winners(116)£6,000

Second Round Qualifying winners(80)£9,000

Third Round Qualifying winners(40)£15,000

Fourth Round Qualifying winners(32)£25,000

First Round Proper winners(40)£36,000

Second Round Proper winners(20)£54,000

Third Round Proper winners(32)£135,000

Fourth Round Proper winners(16)£180,000

Fifth Round Proper winners(8)£360,000

Quarter-Final winners(4)£720,000

Semi-Final winners(2)£1,800,000

Semi-Final losers(2)£900,000

Final runners-up(1)£1,800,000

Final winners(1)£3,600,000

Amounts are per club in each round. Numbers in brackets represent the number of winning clubs per round

(b) Subject to Rules 22(k) and (l), net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:
(i) In all matches prior to the Third Round of the Competition Proper the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.
(ii) Save for those matches set out in (iii), in all matches played from (and including) the Third Round of the Competition Proper prior to the Semi-Final the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.
(iii) In all matches played from (and including) the Third Round of the Competition Proper prior to the Semi-Final, involving Clubs outside The FA Premier League or The Football League playing against Clubs from The FA Premier League or The Football League, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided between the Clubs competing in each match as follows:
55% to Clubs outside The FA Premier League or The Football League.
45% to FA Premier League or Football League Clubs.

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/competitions/2018-19/fa-cup-rules-2018-19.ashx

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So when we win it, apart from the glory, we get £6,795,000. That would make Mel smile a bit!

I think you get less if there is a replay but that was my fig, plus half of tv and gate receipts less player bonuses

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So when we win it, apart from the glory, we get £6,795,000. That would make Mel smile a bit!

55 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I agree with most of what you've written here  - apart from that you missed the 2 winning semi finalists @ 1.8m each.  I guess you excluded that deliberately because it doesn't align with your interpretation?

That would make the total from Round 3 onwards £23.7m.  The total for the earlier rounds is £6.5m.  So a £30.2m prize fund in total.

Your maths is off somewhere. No idea where the hundred million figure comes from.

You're right Hantsram - Now I'm not rushing off to a meeting, I've done it in Excel and agree, £30.2 Million Fund.

Wow - even better, So yes £135k plus £180k so far at £315k (Ashley's wages paid for) plus TV income at circa £200k so far and then gate revenue which I'm guessing is around £130k from the three matches thus far. Make that around £645k plus whatever the 5th Round gives us.

I find the prize money a bit strange at the quarters to semi and semi to final stages. You win the quarter final you get £720k and then lose the semi and you still get £900k. I can only think that you don't receive gate money from the Wembley Semi (Unless I'm mistaken on that one) and this is their way of compensating. Win the 5th round though and the money starts to actually get serious...

37 minutes ago, rammieib said:

You're right Hantsram - Now I'm not rushing off to a meeting, I've done it in Excel and agree, £30.2 Million Fund.

Wow - even better, So yes £135k plus £180k so far at £315k (Ashley's wages paid for) plus TV income at circa £200k so far and then gate revenue which I'm guessing is around £130k from the three matches thus far. Make that around £645k plus whatever the 5th Round gives us.

I find the prize money a bit strange at the quarters to semi and semi to final stages. You win the quarter final you get £720k and then lose the semi and you still get £900k. I can only think that you don't receive gate money from the Wembley Semi (Unless I'm mistaken on that one) and this is their way of compensating. Win the 5th round though and the money starts to actually get serious...

Love that you're looking busy crafting important Excel spreadsheets between meetings ?

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

2984BEC0-1C4B-4B56-A286-434696534EE9.jpeg

4 hours ago, Spanish said:

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/prize-fund

The Emirates FA Cup
Season 2018-19
Payments made from The FA's prize fund

Extra preliminary round winners(184)£2,250 Losers receive £750

Preliminary round winners(160)£2,890 Losers receive £960

First round qualifying winners(116)£6,000

Second Round Qualifying winners(80)£9,000

Third Round Qualifying winners(40)£15,000

Fourth Round Qualifying winners(32)£25,000

First Round Proper winners(40)£36,000

Second Round Proper winners(20)£54,000

Third Round Proper winners(32)£135,000

Fourth Round Proper winners(16)£180,000

Fifth Round Proper winners(8)£360,000

Quarter-Final winners(4)£720,000

Semi-Final winners(2)£1,800,000

Semi-Final losers(2)£900,000

Final runners-up(1)£1,800,000

Final winners(1)£3,600,000

Amounts are per club in each round. Numbers in brackets represent the number of winning clubs per round

Running your numbers through, that gives a total of £27,024,000, which seems about right.

image.png.6f6e56a57c3316fd6c196643e4bbf3bb.png

image.png

Poor draw from a money point of view. An away draw at Man U would have brought in big gate receipts and TV money, an easy home tie would have meant prize money and more money from the quarters. 

It may make a difference to a possible loan signing. 

Archived