The cash in a cup run

therealhantsram

12 hours ago, ram59 said:

Poor draw from a money point of view. An away draw at Man U would have brought in big gate receipts and TV money, an easy home tie would have meant prize money and more money from the quarters. 

It may make a difference to a possible loan signing. 

So you're unhappy over not getting a reasonable amount of cash now, rather than have a much better chance of reaching further rounds (including the final) and earning a big chunk of cash instead?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ram59 said:

Poor draw from a money point of view. An away draw at Man U would have brought in big gate receipts and TV money, an easy home tie would have meant prize money and more money from the quarters. 

I think it'll still be on TV so that makes no difference. Frank is a TV draw. Against a Prem side after the game against Southampton. Pretty sure they will shpwnat least 5 of the games. Friday night, 2 on Sat...possibly 3. 2 on Sunday....possibly 3. And one on Monday.  Worst case they show 6 games. Not possible that ours won't be one of those 6. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So you're unhappy over not getting a reasonable amount of cash now, rather than have a much better chance of reaching further rounds (including the final) and earning a big chunk of cash instead?

You've totally missinterpreted what I've said. I didn't say from 'my' point of view and I also lamented that it wasn't an easy draw. 

The point I was rather poorly attempting to make is that could the draw have prevented us being able to make a loan this week.

If we are right on the edge of ffp, then a top away televised fixture would have guaranteed the finance to get such a loan. If we'd had an easy draw, then the likely prize money would also have funded the loan. 

Atm, the odds are against us progressing and with little financial gain from the tie. 

As a fan, of course I think we can win and when Chelsea v man utd was drawn, I let out a great cheer. 

17 hours ago, ram59 said:

Mate, I'm 31. Seen a handful of 5th round ties i can remember 

Both at home, to Blackburn and Reading.

Got dicked in both.

Complacency and home ties are not our friends.

On 28/01/2019 at 18:57, R@M said:

If we win the cup I hope Mel gets himself a pint out of the prize money. 

Surprised to see our 5th round tie has been selected for TV. It'll be the Sat lunchtime game on BT Sport. 

The TV fee for a 5th round tie is pretty serious money. Another 250k in the coffers from the TV fee alone. 

That brings total TV and prize money income from FA Cup so far to 800k.

Archived