Racism (moved from Ashley Cole transfer thread)

ramsbottom

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot even believe we are having this conversation. Paul Ince is Tom's father of course he's a dhead. Before he came to Derby he had a bit of a reputation for having a slight attitude problem, and Tom Lawrence gets exactly the same treatment as Ince did. It's not a race thing - it's completely ridiculous. We have many players of different races in our side and you pick out the two players who get some stick and put a racism sticker on it. 

17 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Read the 2 articles that the daily mail published....one on Tosin Adarabioyo (black) buying a house for his parents and the other one on Foden (white) buying a house for his parents... the difference on how the two are wrote is sickening. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/entry/raheem-sterling-daily-mail_uk_5c0cf45de4b035a7bf5bf41c/

I was happily reading this and considering it ... then I saw Collymore jumping on it. Sorry, I obviously am an unconscious racist because I can't listen to that self-obssessed idiot bleating about how life has been so unfair to him but pretending he is looking out for other people. 

PS its a complicated issue as the press only give the view it thinks its readers want to hear.  So the story is about a player (most of us haven't heard of) who doesn't 'deserve it', getting paid ridiculous amounts.  I recall a story where (white) Stephen Ireland was getting derided for having all the bling and the car with his initials stitched in the seats etc. And what about Jack Rodwell raking in millions for doing nothing, or Tevez getting paid while playing golf for a year.

Players who are seen to 'work hard' deserve positive stories (the public feel) for making the most of their talents. So the perceived wisdom is that Foden is (more famous) and against the odds is breaking into a team full of internationals. So on the surface it isn't a story about colour. 

Whether underneath all this there is in some people's minds a predetermined bias against black players motivations/attitude would seem clear..it is how widespread that is that is hard to tell.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

PS its a complicated issue as the press only give the view it thinks its readers want to hear.  So the story is about a player (most of us haven't heard of) who doesn't 'deserve it', getting paid ridiculous amounts.  I recall a story where (white) Stephen Ireland was getting derided for having all the bling and the car with his initials stitched in the seats etc. 

Then Stephen Ireland goes on a sunbed, changes his name to David Silva and gets lauded as one of the best players in the world. Im telling you it's not about racism.

22 hours ago, 86 points said:

Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever agreed with anything you've ever posted, my old mucker. Might have an extra beer or two to celebrate later.

As for the general thread, this is why we can't have nice things. ?

Muespach and 86 points sitting in a tree k i s s i n g....

On 24/01/2019 at 09:05, ramsbottom said:

I'm just pointing out the fact that our manager isn't a saint, and that the incident didn't affect his performances on the pitch, just like Cole, every one who talks about him seem to hold the same opinion, that he's a dedicated professional.

I do believe some black players can be victimised no matter what they do.  A player formerly of our parish Tom Ince copped a huge amount of flack due to, supposedly, being lazy & surly, despite the fact he was one of our most consistent performers while he was here.  Just because he didn't run around the pitch beaming from ear to ear, people had the perception he had an attitude problem.

Another reason is because of his dad who didn’t help matters by being arrogant by saying Tom rejected Inter Milan and Monaco, claiming he was better than James Rodriguez. I liked Tom though but the criticism of him by none Derby fans stems from his dad.

56 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Sadly Millwall fans prove racism is still present at football.

Very sad to see and hear

I might as well post this here as anywhere.....

There a few on here who keep slagging off scousers, and making reference to a supposed scouser victim culture. That is barely a gnats-rooster from the kind of attitudes which are overtly racist.

I find those comments quite nauseating, particularly since the victim culture was a label thrown about by boris johnson in the post-hillsborough tory backlash.  And yet some folk on here seem quite happy to pick up on it. Its not banter. Its not amusing. Its as offensive as any racist slur.

after watching some of the video of hillsborough, it has to be observed that liverpool fans seemed to have behaved very well.  Even when the imfamous gates were opened the fans streamed in in an orderly and controlled fashion. Fans in the upper tier lifted their fellow supporters to safety. Fans at the front implored the Police to help. Fans on the pitch raced to fetch makeshift stretchers and rush the injured to get medical attention. In the aftermath the victim families have spoken out with great dignity. Not sure what prompts the negative attitudes towards these people.

Nowadays we are witnessing calls to reinstate the terraces in order to improve the atmsosphere; in order to allow people to bounce about and shove into one another and enjoy the experience of being in a mobile mass of humanity. There is a new affluent hedonistic yobbishness fuelled by booze, football, and significant disposable income. I fear we are heading towards another accident waiting to happen. And when it does, who will be the victims then? 

On 24/01/2019 at 10:44, ramsbottom said:

That's what always annoys me when people refer to Bryson & Johnny Russell as Derby legends, just because they had a good engine.  I'd like to think the least any fan could do if suddenly plonked into a starting 11 for the mighty Rams would be run around a lot...

Anyone who scores a hat-trick against Forest is a Derby legend for life. Johnny Russell, not so much - the git hurt my leg).

Archived