Whose Rams?

FindernRam

19 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Okay.. Do we know 100% that there is nothing saying it's a loan of some sort?

Yes, it's in black and white in the accounts.

Heating in the concourse? 

The big screen (think that was since he took over but happy to be corrected), new screens in the concourse, new sound system, The Yard, the fan tent. Little things to most fans but I imagine the cost mounts up!

Nothing new. If you mean those cringy fans forum things, I would not say they were positive at all. Not exactly ground breaking is it?

Not ground breaking but good to see the fans are listened to. 

I must admit I am struggling to think of anything of substance hat he has acted on that was a fans idea. Happy to be proved wrong.

South Stand move?

It was the lack of focus and identity, what exactly was he looking for each time? He was like grass blowing in the wind making these choices. Add all that to the infamous 'Derby Way' debacle and you have a fool and his money.

Agreed.

The Championship has been poor though. How we kept a play off place last season is a mystery. Same could be said of other seasons. Do you really think that Mac 1 to Rowett showed a team progressing or regressing?

Not sure how you think The Championship has been poor? Every year the teams coming down have an embarrassment of riches and this is now often reflected with their squads. I think The Championship this year is as competitive as it's been during our time in it.

I see it differently, that's football. Always respected your view, if not always agreed with everything.

Likewise. Sure we'd have a great conversation over a few beers putting the footballing world to rights and reminiscing over football stories!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

Clement was a top level coach ready to make the step-up.

Don't think so and his performance at Swansea and Reading after us  support that. He seemed good by association with the people he had been  assistant to and that's all really.

10 hours ago, David said:

How accurate these numbers below are I don’t know, but comparing recent games on the BBC using similar dates they are pretty much like for like.

Average attendance according to Transfermarkt.

18/19 - 26,776
17/18 - 27,175

Couple of things to throw in would be the Sky Red button and iFollow, you would need the away numbers to see what percentage is down to none travelling fans, plus added featured games on Sky.

You also need to factor in such as losing clubs like Sunderland to League One that travel well and gaining clubs like Blackburn, also clubs with ongoing disputes with owners like Bolton. 

Added costs to fans with away games to Man Utd and Chelsea in the cup, some may have prioritised those over league games. Accrington Stanley even sold out within minutes. 

To be honest I did expect to see a bump in numbers with the Lampard effect, all we heard last season was how fans were staying away because of Rowettball.

Attendances I would say are down due to the fact Lampard has yet to take us on a proper run of form we’ve kinda hit a couple of wins on the bounce then draw or lost. If we went 6 on the bounce winning you’d see fans return as they expect to see us win. 

Then there’s the style of play, you’d better attendances if we were playing really nice attacking football week in week out but we don’t we play it in spells or not at all. The team has still not mixed right yet... which isn’t really a bad sign given our league position and I only think we can get better. 

Fans will be there if we can win with consistency and entertainment, otherwise high prices and red buttons will  win. 

5 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Attendances I would say are down due to the fact Lampard has yet to take us on a proper run of form we’ve kinda hit a couple of wins on the bounce then draw or lost. If we went 6 on the bounce winning you’d see fans return as they expect to see us win. 

Then there’s the style of play, you’d better attendances if we were playing really nice attacking football week in week out but we don’t we play it in spells or not at all. The team has still not mixed right yet... which isn’t really a bad sign given our league position and I only think we can get better. 

Fans will be there if we can win with consistency and entertainment, otherwise high prices and red buttons will  win. 

I think they are down simply because ticket orices have gone up.

7 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

I am a big FL supporter, but have to agree with your comments here, I do think this is going to happen

though, and expect us to cement our place in the playoffs very shortly.

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

I think they are down simply because ticket orices have gone up.

Have the prices of individual tickets gone up much this season? 

I don't buy them so wouldn't know.

Last season people were saying that attendances were down because of Rowett.

I don't think either reasons are true. 

I'm pretty sure that if we made it the Premier League, where prices would be even higher, we would sell out most weeks.

9 hours ago, DRBee said:

Don't think so and his performance at Swansea and Reading after us  support that. He seemed good by association with the people he had been  assistant to and that's all really.

If he's good enough for Carlo Ancelotti, who is a world-class manager, then he must have something good going about him as a coach.

You are correct in stating that his subsequent performances as manager were poor but that is judging him after the event. At the time of appointment he was quite a coup for us. He was less of a gamble than Frank Lampard was. 

On 24/01/2019 at 08:09, The Key Club King said:

If he's good enough for Carlo Ancelotti, who is a world-class manager, then he must have something good going about him as a coach.

You are correct in stating that his subsequent performances as manager were poor but that is judging him after the event. At the time of appointment he was quite a coup for us. He was less of a gamble than Frank Lampard was. 

For me clement was the mistake that sent us on tilt and created the disjointed scramble to get us back on track that followed , not a hindsight thing for me as I thought he was the wrong appointment at the time though I can see why others would have thought he was right for the job ,sometimes it’s just a gut feeling and it can go either way

7 hours ago, Archied said:

For me clement was the mistake that sent us on tilt and created the disjointed scramble to get us back on track that followed , not a hindsight thing for me as I thought he was the wrong appointment at the time though I can see why others would have thought he was right for the job ,sometimes it’s just a gut feeling and it can go either way

Probably right with us being on tilt after Clement. 

It's also right to say a lot of it is down to gut feeling and I think it's the same with whoever appoints the manager. 

Archived