Whose Rams?

FindernRam

If I ploughed millions into a venture, led its strategy, kept it afloat in uncertain times, then found out all the papers and most of the ungrateful plebs called it somebody else's project I would be mightily upset and would walkaway immediately taking my money with me.

Good job Mr Morris seems little more tolerant then me. Lets show him some love. Even a chant or two!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

If I ploughed millions into a venture, led its strategy, kept it afloat in uncertain times, then found out all the papers and most of the ungrateful plebs called it somebody else's project I would be mightily upset and would walkaway immediately taking my money with me.

Good job Mr Morris seems little more tolerant then me. Lets show him some love. Even a chant or two!

Mel, you’ve blown your blummin cover!

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Given some of his previous questionable decisions ( sacking a few managers , sanctioning a few dubious signings  etc) do you not think he might want to stay in the background ? Its the 'Derby way' only to fully appreciate owners when they are long gone, if we appreciate them at all.

Just now, DRBee said:

Given some of his previous questionable decisions ( sacking a few managers , sanctioning a few dubious signings  etc) do you not think he might want to stay in the background ? Its the 'Derby way' only to fully appreciate owners when they are long gone, if we appreciate them at all.

Lionel wasn’t treated very well at the end of his ownership, but is fondly remembered now.

4 hours ago, FindernRam said:

When he’s done something good I will start to call us Derby County again.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Oh come on, are you suggesting he's done nothing good in his time here?

I've got a scarf somewhere. Oh and I had a coffee.

My views on Morris are well known. The post was a shameless attemp to gain 'likes', but like the OP. Both failed. 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

I've got a scarf somewhere. Oh and I had a coffee.

My views on Morris are well known. The post was a shameless attemp to gain 'likes', but like the OP. Both failed. 

Oh dear how little you know me! At my age I couldn't really give a monkeys about people liking me (apart from the Grandchildren of course). If I wanted likes I would join the Keogh haters or the Lawrence lovers and post endlessly there. Or even become an Apple Fanbois.

But answer this: if Mel is so bad what are you comparing him with. The three Amigos, the Yanks?

If he walks who do you want to own us? 

6 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Oh dear how little you know me! At my age I couldn't really give a monkeys about people liking me (apart from the Grandchildren of course). If I wanted likes I would join the Keogh haters or the Lawrence lovers and post endlessly there. Or even become an Apple Fanbois.

But answer this: if Mel is so bad what are you comparing him with. The three Amigos, the Yanks?

If he walks who do you want to own us? 

Done all this to death. 

Mel Morris's Derby County... There you go. Means feck all but there you go.

His spending, or rather his tenure hasn't taken us anywhere though . We was on track under GSE, steady investment. Not being mugged off in the market. FFP was never a factor. Oh and we reached a play off final, something we've failed to do since under MM. 

We don't have a pot to pee in thanks to the endless spending under Clement -  A major amateur mistake and we are paying for to this day. 

I just don't see a long term plan or the vision at the club since he came in ?

36 minutes ago, Papahet said:

His spending, or rather his tenure hasn't taken us anywhere though . We was on track under GSE, steady investment. Not being mugged off in the market. FFP was never a factor. Oh and we reached a play off final, something we've failed to do since under MM. 

We don't have a pot to pee in thanks to the endless spending under Clement -  A major amateur mistake and we are paying for to this day. 

I just don't see a long term plan or the vision at the club since he came in ?

A few counter points to this. Mel was actually already heavily involved in the club for the play off season, already bought a chunk of the club and a deal was in place prior to the playoffs to buy the rest. Our most 'successful' season of recent times was therefore probably while under joint ownership. 

FFP wasn't an issue for any club prior to that, it's recent and we're yet to be truly limited by it (see Sheffield Wednesday or Brum for example). I'm not sure how accurate it would be to say GSE would have faired any better. 

Could you foresee the issues we were going to have with Clement? Or the Pearson  saga? Or even the failure of Mac 2? Mel is only human, there's no training academy or manual for owners. Every owner has its failings, for every Fergie there's a David Moyes etc. 

I'm not saying Mel is a perfect owner but it's always better to make criticisms while suggesting a suitable alternative, so far there's been nothing suggested. 

21 hours ago, FindernRam said:

I would have thought that Mel is just happy for the extra media attention (and TV money) that's come along this season, to be honest.

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Yet crowd attendances aren’t as high as last season. 

Crowd attendance has been weird this year. 

It's not like it's got lower as the season progressed. It started low and has just stayed down there. Really odd.

21 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Yet crowd attendances aren’t as high as last season. 

I don't think @Wolfie was referring to this and I certainly wasn't.  There is more global interest in DCFC now which means we attract more tv coverage and potential attract better players (Ashley is an example of sorts)

Just now, Spanish said:

I don't think @Wolfie was referring to this and I certainly wasn't.  There is more global interest in DCFC now which means we attract more tv coverage and potential attract better players (Ashley is an example of sorts)

Oh I know absolutely, but you’d like to think more bums in seats is better as more money directly in the pockets of DCFC. 

In terms of the league however, I don’t think we’ve been on Sky any more than usual this season. Though it’d be interesting to compare.  

Archived