Signing Tomori permanently needs to be a priority this summer

RamLad1884

34 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Played really well tonight 

But no thanks 

Has the concentration span of a goldfish when balls start flying into the box 

one game in 5 doesn’t make u a good centre half 

before tonight he had been an utter liability recently 

Ask kamal roofe and billy sharpe what they make of him ?

I see someone has put he remind them of David luiz lol

of late he’s been a dead ringer for Claude Davis tbh 

Dvmb7IDXcAM_E5O.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’ll be a top class player if he sorts out his positional play and finally learns to head. But the fact he can’t at the moment is why he’s here, otherwise he’d undoubtedly be a prem class player. Fantastic distributor of the ball and his actual ability to make a clean tackle is one of the best I’ve seen in a defender at derby. If we go up by some miracle I think we’ll have him permenantly. Chelsea don’t do youth promotion and he’s not at the top of their list. Won’t be cheap but I think we will. 

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

You cannot be bloody serious? I hate some of our fans.

Tell me im wrong 

the way he defended against sheff United and billy sharpe was not something too dissimilar to our relegation season 

the way he totally utterly lost kamal roofe for both his goals against us home and away this season was just plain poor 

got hauled off at sheff Wednesday at half time 

yes he’s a young talent, but for the money Chelsea would want I wouldn’t touch him with a barge poll

I realise there’s a lot of euphoria right now but when the dust settles we still conceded 4 goals over the tie and in the league our back line is the reason for our ups and downs 

I’m not saying I’m not happy with this season or frank, far from it delighted tbh and fully support him and his ethos but when asked the question should we sign him my answer is a firm no, I am allowed to disagree without being called negative 

someone higher up in this thread said that heading and marking arnt his game ...... ...yet seem to love him

for a centre half ... it’s kinda key u know 

and I’m in full agreement,  he can’t head or mark and I think that’s key for a good successful centre half, hence my answer

nothing wrong with that is there ?  

8 hours ago, cosmic said:

I’m totally split down the middle about him. He’s obviously quality, and I see all the good that gets posted on here, his pace, composure, passing, tracking back and winning possession. But his inability to head the ball or stay close to his man in the box frustrates the hell out of me. Dealing with long balls and crosses in the box, and marking your man, are bread and butter for a defender. He just can’t do the basics, and it’s cost us far too many soft goals this season.

This 

8 hours ago, Gritters said:

He went on a bit of a mad one late one and nearly cost us the game losing the ball in the centre circle. Apart from that he played really well and was possibly man of the match.

I felt for him there - I think he was drawn into that by Malone losing it even further forward than him

Personally I have seen a massive improvement in him as the season has gone on (armchair fan tbh)

Think his positional play has improved a lot.

Whether he stays or goes this will be a succesfull loan - been good enough for us, step up week in week out during an injury hit spell in his position, and has been improved by the level and style of football.

I bet both Chelsea and Derby are happy

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

Tomori is the best defensive partner we've had for Keogh for a long time.

I like Tomori but playing Davies alongside Keogh is far more beneficial for Keogh's game, or at least it was under Rowett's tactics. Davies was immense last season and he brought out the best in Keogh.

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Tell me im wrong 

the way he defended against sheff United and billy sharpe was not something too dissimilar to our relegation season 

the way he totally utterly lost kamal roofe for both his goals against us home and away this season was just plain poor 

got hauled off at sheff Wednesday at half time 

yes he’s a young talent, but for the money Chelsea would want I wouldn’t touch him with a barge poll

I realise there’s a lot of euphoria right now but when the dust settles we still conceded 4 goals over the tie and in the league our back line is the reason for our ups and downs 

I’m not saying I’m not happy with this season or frank, far from it delighted tbh and fully support him and his ethos but when asked the question should we sign him my answer is a firm no, I am allowed to disagree without being called negative 

someone higher up in this thread said that heading and marking arnt his game ...... ...yet seem to love him

for a centre half ... it’s kinda key u know 

and I’m in full agreement,  he can’t head or mark and I think that’s key for a good successful centre half, hence my answer

nothing wrong with that is there ?  

you saying Alan Shearer and Danny Murphy dont know what they are talking about then , they gave him high praise indeed

24 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

you saying Alan Shearer and Danny Murphy dont know what they are talking about then , they gave him high praise indeed

No, on the night he played well

but I don’t think either have been privy or have spared the time to watch us this season and see our defensive frailties first hand 

maybe if they had watched the recent sheff United- billy sharpe show they may have been a little more reserved on him lol

20 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

but I don’t think either have been privy or have spared the time to watch us this season and see our defensive frailties first hand 

maybe if they had watched the recent sheff United- billy sharpe show they may have been a little more reserved on him lol

to be fair mate , hes not the only championship centre half that struggles with Billy Sharp

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

tell me a Central Defender you rate, I bet I can find examples of him learning the game during his first few seasons where he wasn't immediately world class and had to work at developing the basics in his game!

13 hours ago, Charlie George said:

In time I think his position will be in front of the back four. He's made for that role. Pace,can tackle and has the vision and passing range to be a master. 

I don't understand the "in time" part of this. Thought last night was the perfect opportunity to try him there now. His pace, mobility and passing would solve so many problems for us. 

When he came the Chelsea fans were saying we'd have no problems buying him permanently. That's basically the Chelsea business model. It's only Mount they might want to actually play. 

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

I’ve always liked him, prone to being out of position and not winning headers at times but the amount of times he gets back and cuts out a poo is overlooked imo.

id sign him in a heart beat

Theyre two very key aspects of defending though arnt they 

like very key 

hes just not my cup of tea, nothing wrong with that, each to their own

The guy has some obvious qualities - pace, strength and quality on the ball. However, I feel he lacks qualities essential to centre backs - concentration, heading and positional sense. 

Concentration and positional sense are things that he should be able to improve on. He wins very little in the air and always looks like he is fouling every time he goes for a header.

I thought he had some outstanding moments last night but really didn't see him as MOTM based on his contribution for both of their goals.

If the price is right and the coaches believe they can improve his weaknesses he is worth a punt. 

If the price is high I would prefer to spend on a proactive rather than a reactive defender.

45 minutes ago, Moist One said:

tell me a Central Defender you rate, I bet I can find examples of him learning the game during his first few seasons where he wasn't immediately world class and had to work at developing the basics in his game!

Well obviously lmao 

And I realise that’s why he’s here, to do just that 

but when people on here start talking about breaking the bank for him I wouldn’t even contemplate it, not in a million years 

Saying that we’ve spunked way way more on way way older so who knows

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The guy has some obvious qualities - pace, strength and quality on the ball. However, I feel he lacks qualities essential to centre backs - concentration, heading and positional sense. 

Concentration and positional sense are things that he should be able to improve on. He wins very little in the air and always looks like he is fouling every time he goes for a header.

I thought he had some outstanding moments last night but really didn't see him as MOTM based on his contribution for both of their goals.

If the price is right and the coaches believe they can improve his weaknesses he is worth a punt. 

If the price is high I would prefer to spend on a proactive rather than a reactive defender.

He switches off plain and simple 

some players / defenders can learn and improve on that and become excellent players 

some simply never do 

Your right when u say 

“at the right price” ur right  

people on here saying we should break the bank on him... well.... let’s just leave it there 

not for me 

Archived