'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Now he's leaking all of his analysis on us to all the other clubs. Stay classy Bielsa you see you next Tuesday!

This. The guy has no integrity. He isn't honest.

He's a see you next Tuesday.

A clever one, but a see you next Tuesday.

In effect his defence is that his team already know exactly how teams are going to play so watching a training session makes no difference, but he does it out of paranoia to cover his bases. He's clearly obsessed about every single detail.

My only query is this:

Allegedly, the man sent to us was sent with pliars, but obviously didn't need them as you can view training at our facility from public ground.

But, there surely must be teams in the league where training is not that easily spied on. They must be a little concerned by such a revelation, you'd think.

5 minutes ago, Pub Breath said:

Not remotely.  I doubt anyone with half a brain thought that he'd only had Derby's training session watched this season.  So he's just confirming what we all knew would be the case anyway and whether it's 1 or 23, it's the same thing. 

I honestly don't think people understand this citation enough.  There's no defined rule that has been broken.  Only this notional idea of "respect".  If the EFL/FA tried to punish us with anything that deeply affected the club (points) we would take them to court and win at a canter.  You can't backwards apply punitive laws to organisations, the courts would never allow that.  "Bringing the game into disrepute" does not carry points deductions so again, if they tried that route it would be thrown out.  The authorities know that and will be taking legal advice on it if they even dare think about that.  They will not waste their time on it.

I know you all want to believe that there will be a massive, punishing measure taken against LUFC here but it's just never going to happen.  More and more ex-players and managers are coming out and admitting this stuff goes on all the time, it's normal.  Derby will have done it, I absolutely assure you.  The can of worms that would be opened up would be never ending if they backwards applied a law here. 

Like the "resignation", you're setting yourself up for a massive disappointment. 

Chesterfield were docked 9 points for bringing the same into disrepute.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/league-two/3003080/Relieved-Chesterfield-face-nine-point-penalty.html

5 minutes ago, Shang said:

In effect his defence is that his team already know exactly how teams are going to play so watching a training session makes no difference, but he does it out of paranoia to cover his bases. He's clearly obsessed about every single detail.

Exactly and like he says, he can't justify it is right or wrong.

Just now, cosmic said:

He’s giving away all of his tactical analysis on us to every team in the Championship. A massive middle finger to us for kicking up a fuss. 

But he's a man of integrity! So much integrity that he goes out of his way to duck us over for daring to call him out for his spying.

8 minutes ago, Pub Breath said:

Not remotely.  I doubt anyone with half a brain thought that he'd only had Derby's training session watched this season.  So he's just confirming what we all knew would be the case anyway and whether it's 1 or 23, it's the same thing. 

I honestly don't think people understand this citation enough.  There's no defined rule that has been broken.  Only this notional idea of "respect".  If the EFL/FA tried to punish us with anything that deeply affected the club (points) we would take them to court and win at a canter.  You can't backwards apply punitive laws to organisations, the courts would never allow that.  "Bringing the game into disrepute" does not carry points deductions so again, if they tried that route it would be thrown out.  The authorities know that and will be taking legal advice on it if they even dare think about that.  They will not waste their time on it.

I know you all want to believe that there will be a massive, punishing measure taken against LUFC here but it's just never going to happen.  More and more ex-players and managers are coming out and admitting this stuff goes on all the time, it's normal.  Derby will have done it, I absolutely assure you.  The can of worms that would be opened up would be never ending if they backwards applied a law here. 

Like the "resignation", you're setting yourself up for a massive disappointment. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

My only query is this:

Allegedly, the man sent to us was sent with pliars, but obviously didn't need them as you can view training at our facility from public ground.

But, there surely must be teams in the league where training is not that easily spied on. They must be a little concerned by such a revelation, you'd think.

These are the questions that now will be raised by the EFL and FA, this is much bigger than Leeds v Derby.

This press conference might have been called with the best intentions, but he’s probably made things a lot worse for the club. Surprised they gave him the go ahead.

The thing is, you can already get a lot of this data from Opta and wyscout, where this breakdown is easily accessible for a subscription fee. Bielsa just seems to prefer to do it in-house using Excel and PowerPoint.

This isn't a golden bullet that will tank our season.

1 minute ago, David said:

These are the questions that now will be raised by the EFL and FA, this is much bigger than Leeds v Derby.

This press conference might have been called with the best intentions, but he’s probably made things a lot worse for the club. Surprised they gave him the go ahead.

Club didn't know about it, it was all Bielsa ?

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Crystal Palace got fined £25,000 for one game, so I'd imagine that Leeds can multiple that by 27 and expect that as their punishment. I can't imagine it will be anything else than that. I'll just be glad when this is all done. 

Absolute bargain if they go up. 

13 minutes ago, Pub Breath said:

Prior to the press conference, this was just a local issue between Derby and Leeds, he has now admitted to spying on every team this season.  Do you not think that the Chairmen of the other teams in the league, especially those chasing the riches of promotion will not put pressure on the EFL/FA to act? 

Before the press conference I was expecting a slap on the wrist/fine, thinking about it further however Bielsa's 'honesty' might backfire massively.

Archived