'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Regardless of whether he's still your manager in half an hour or so, you've still got the outcome of the EFL/FA investigation to worry about.

If you think any of this promotes your club in a positive light then lord help us.

Very relaxed about the FA/EFL stuff.  £25k fine is the precedent for a more blatant "spy" case in the PL.  It'll come to nowt.

I've had so many chats with other football fans about this and they - almost to a man - don't see the big deal.  I certainly haven't had anyone question our moral integrity over it.  Spoke with a Spurs fan literally an hour ago.  He said it was "research".  I'm with him.  There's no prevailing feeling that we've done anything worth worrying about outside of your East Midlands bubble.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's a good chance that Bielsa isn't announcing his resignation in 15 minutes.

I think it's more likely some forced public apology.

However, all current controversy aside, Bielsa is the last manager you should get "comfortable" with, regarding his future. He's not nicknamed 'El Loco' for his tactical decisions, or how he deals with players.

19 minutes ago, Pub Breath said:

You lot are going to be so disappointed.  He's not going anywhere.  He's mid-project and has way too much backbone to let this bother him.  He has the support of 95% of the sane football world over this anyway.  Your position is so marginalised now that you're finding yourselves having to side with half-wits like Stuart Pearce to try and find anyone in football willing to back your position.  For every Pearce, I can point you to ten far cleverer people in the game that think this is balls.

We're good here.  Bielsa's good. He's going nowehere i'm afraid.

Sounds like you are getting worried mate. We think its just hilarious. We have no "position" other than your guy was caught cheating.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Bielsa will apologise, we'll accept it and we all move on. It's what any man of integrity would do.

If it was anyone other than Bielsa I would agree, but Bielsa is a pretty unpredictable individual to say the least...

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I think there's a good chance that Bielsa isn't announcing his resignation in 15 minutes.

I think it's more likely some forced public apology.

However, all current controversy aside, Bielsa is the last manager you should get "comfortable" with, regarding his future. He's not nicknamed 'El Loco' for his tactical decisions, or how he deals with players.

True that.  But not now.  He's mid-project after false starts elsewhere that didn't work.  He's not really mad, just obsessional and incredibly principled (yes I know.  Ironic etc).  There's no way he's leaving now, Leeds could be his crowning glory and he's over half way there.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Sounds like you are getting worried mate. We think its just hilarious. We have no "position" other than your guy was caught cheating.

What rule did he break that equates to cheating, exactly?

Whatever it was, it certainly wasn't cheating.

Just thought I would stick my ore in 

if spygate highlights anything 

the Leeds employee was not invited and was equipped either legally or illegally to enter private property with the the probable intention of

watching and reporting on set pieces ( even new ones) 

formations 

which player was doing what eg was Harry Wilson taking part - who was playing at full back - would Huddlestone be playing a major role and so on and in so doing so gain an advantage to select his own Leeds team accordingly to deflect Derby’s strengh and expose seen weaknesses- it’s a form of cheating which obviously has occurred all season it seems 

what will come of it - who knows 

it did distract Derby that’s for sure and yes we were rubbish that’s for sure

but it’s leeds and nobody likes them and there’s a reason for it.

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Imagine defending to this level on an oppositions forum for days on end. Are they trying to convince us or themselves?!

Nah.  We don't have to do that.  We can just listen to the views of the rest of the football world.  It's your position that exists in the margins.  Nobody else can see a big deal.

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

Bielsa will apologise, we'll accept it and we all move on. It's what any man of integrity would do.

Probably- but then again he has said he has done it for his entire managerial career- looking to gain an additional advantage 

1 minute ago, Pub Breath said:

Nah.  We don't have to do that.  We can just listen to the views of the rest of the football world.  It's your position that exists in the margins.  Nobody else can see a big deal.

So why are you still here, going on about it? I mean it's no big deal. ?

2 minutes ago, Pub Breath said:

You don't care about our opinions on it and yet have spent many hours arguing with people because you disagree with that opinion? ? Yeah, you definitely don't care.

I think Leeds should be penalised for what they did, I don’t agree with Stuart Pearce as I think that reversing the result of the match is going too far. 

I have no doubt that Leeds got an advantage ( why would they do it if they didn’t) and that was doubled due the reaction when the guy was caught. That said Leeds won the match deservedly and by some margin. The stupid thing is they didn’t need to cheat I think they would have won anyway.

I think a fairer penalty would be a fine and a decent sized one at that. Perhaps with an added warning that if they did it again they would get a harsher penalty 

leeds deserve to be punished but it should be proportionate 

Archived