Vs Southampton home (Matchday thread).

Rev

16 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I couldn't give a monkeys nutsack about this one. I am currently three days (and bugger all sleep) in to raising the latest addition to the black and white army.

16 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Congratulations buddy 

It’s tough going isn’t it lol

I wouldn't have thought it's that tough really?

Just buy the baby the shirt for now... with baby's name on the back, obvs.  Then when the new 19/20 kit comes out, buy the whole lot (He/She would have grown out of the first shirt anyway).  For the second full season, treat yourself to a Season Ticket, and get Mel to throw in a freebie for the sprog.

A fully fledged Ram before they even reach pre-school!  Easy Peasy! 

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Fair result, both teams had chances to win it. Marriotts chance was a sitter, Sammon would of put that away. Hope it doesn't affect his confidence and he continues his form. Duane Holmes was the best player on the pitch, Worth every penny when we see his ability week in week out.

"Would have..."

Oh wait... No he wouldn't!!  

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I wouldn't have thought it's that tough really?

Just buy the baby the shirt for now... with baby's name on the back, obvs.  Then when the new 19/20 kit comes out, buy the whole lot (He/She would have grown out of the first shirt anyway).  For the second full season, treat yourself to a Season Ticket, and get Mel to throw in a freebie for the sprog.

A fully fledged Ram before they even reach pre-school!  Easy Peasy! 

Kids can’t go til they’re 4. Or at least that’s what I was told 2 years ago when I tried to take my son to his first match. In the end my wife had to sit in the car outside the stadium while he had a nap and I went in just with my daughter. 

To be honest, she didn’t mind that result. And I don’t think he cared that much. 

9 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Kids can’t go til they’re 4. Or at least that’s what I was told 2 years ago when I tried to take my son to his first match. In the end my wife had to sit in the car outside the stadium while he had a nap and I went in just with my daughter. 

To be honest, she didn’t mind that result. And I don’t think he cared that much. 

Oh, I wasn't aware there was a lower age limit, in all honesty!

Any way, despite me not doubting your info, I decided to check... Turns out it's 2, not 4...

4.4 The Club reserves the right to refuse admission to, or eject from, the Ground any person who fails to comply with these Conditions or the Terms & Conditions of Entry.

4.5 Children aged under 2 years on the day of the Match shall not be allowed entry to the Ground.

4.6 Children between the ages of 2 and 13 years inclusive are allowed entry (subject to holding a Ticket/Card) to the Ground provided they are accompanied by an Adult. Such Adult shall be responsible for and supervise the children they accompany at all times.

4.7 For every Adult there is not to be more than four children aged between 2 and 13 years inclusive.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ticketing-terms-conditions

EDIT:

Anyway, that wasn't the point of my post!  The point of my post was humour... and you've totally destroyed it now!  You're on my ignore list for a whole hour!  

15 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I have a desire to shag Emily Blunt but, unfortunately, desire is not enough.

Never heard of her

... until yesterday, which ironically was the very day I confessed to my family that I now have a crush on Mary bloody Poppins!!

Not something I ever envisaged happening, watching the original 40 odd years ago!  

Sith Happens
21 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Never heard of her

... until yesterday, which ironically was the very day I confessed to my family that I now have a crush on Mary bloody Poppins!!

Not something I ever envisaged happening, watching the original 40 odd years ago!  

Julie Andrews was very attractive in her prime.

10 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Was Lawrence getting some abuse yesterday? On the highlights he puts his fingers in his ears after he scored - was that aimed at the Derby fans?

Lawrence always gets abuse from our fans. 

38 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Was Lawrence getting some abuse yesterday? On the highlights he puts his fingers in his ears after he scored - was that aimed at the Derby fans?

To be fair, he’s tried that at least once before in the game, and completely missed. If he’d have missed that, we’d all be berating him for not putting someone else in. 

Its a weird one, cos we know he has got it in his locker, but not consistently enough to be confident he’s going to hit the target every time, when he might have better options. 

He needs to either get smarter, and make better decisions, or work on those shots from distance til his toes bleed, so they become more consistently dangerous. 

Having said that, a great assist and a great goal yesterday, so probably very unfair to criticisers much. I’ll wait for him to duck up again before I proponerle berate him. 

I’ll have to settle for blaming Keogh for the first goal. 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh, I wasn't aware there was a lower age limit, in all honesty!

Any way, despite me not doubting your info, I decided to check... Turns out it's 2, not 4...

4.4 The Club reserves the right to refuse admission to, or eject from, the Ground any person who fails to comply with these Conditions or the Terms & Conditions of Entry.

4.5 Children aged under 2 years on the day of the Match shall not be allowed entry to the Ground.

4.6 Children between the ages of 2 and 13 years inclusive are allowed entry (subject to holding a Ticket/Card) to the Ground provided they are accompanied by an Adult. Such Adult shall be responsible for and supervise the children they accompany at all times.

4.7 For every Adult there is not to be more than four children aged between 2 and 13 years inclusive.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ticketing-terms-conditions

EDIT:

Anyway, that wasn't the point of my post!  The point of my post was humour... and you've totally destroyed it now!  You're on my ignore list for a whole hour!  

Has it been an hour yet?

He was barely 1 at the time, I’m not sure where I made up the number 4 from. That’s good though, he’s 3 now, so I must get him down to a match soon as. 

Problem is, he doesn’t actually like football. Signed him up to football classes at nursery, which he doesn’t like, and he groans whenever I put it on the telly. His 2 year old sister, however, bloody loves it. Kicks every ball she can get her hands on, and gets excited when I where my derby shirt. So at least there’s a future Ewe right there. 

anyway, that’s not why I came on the thread. I’ve just watched the motd highlights. That Clío of Duane Holmes chance was sexy from start to finish. Strength at the start, a lively but of skill in the middle to drag it back mid-run, and then not a million miles away with the shot. 

I’ve seen enough players have one or two good games and then disappear into obscurity though, so I really hope he keeps it up and delivers on this potential. Very exciting. 

3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

To be fair, he’s tried that at least once before in the game, and completely missed. If he’d have missed that, we’d all be berating him for not putting someone else in. 

Its a weird one, cos we know he has got it in his locker, but not consistently enough to be confident he’s going to hit the target every time, when he might have better options. 

He needs to either get smarter, and make better decisions, or work on those shots from distance til his toes bleed, so they become more consistently dangerous. 

Having said that, a great assist and a great goal yesterday, so probably very unfair to criticisers much. I’ll wait for him to duck up again before I proponerle berate him. 

I’ll have to settle for blaming Keogh for the first goal. 

I get what you mean mate, but no matter how frustrating a player is I can’t see any excuse to give pelters to our own players. How’s it going to help? It must be affecting him (or at least Frank) because Frank felt the need to stick up for him in the post match interview.

11 hours ago, jono said:

Cracking succinct report ? 

on Holmes I think your comment is a bit tame tbh. I think playing against Duane would be a nightmare. If he can do that every week we have a player on our hands. They seek him here they seek him there. You can see him but you can’t touch him. Epic debut start. 

Yep promising player for us but you can tell he has played in the league systems in terms of toughness and what to do on the pitch and hopefully he can add goals to be even better - could be a very good signing 

Late to the thread but two points. 

Scrappy first hour whilst everyone said hello, but team as a whole showed immense character to dig in and fight back. I think this has improved no-end under FL.

Lawrence I thought did better than of late. Never gave up and although early on he did his usual bad choices he got into game and didn't let his head drop. Reward was an assist and a good goal. Well done lad.

Great game and day out yesterday (and atmosphere even with only 17k there) although thought we didn't really start playing to our potential til after their second goal.

Some more credit should really been given to Lawrence - the first cute layoff to Marriott from Lawrence was class and his goal was a good finish too. 

Southampton really should have put away that header - hed completely lost Keogh. 

Think the first goal should really have been credited as a Keogh OG on replay - not convinced it was on target.

Depending on what happens in the other games, looks like we might be enjoying the replay on TV.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Never heard of her

What, even though she's morphed into Julian Clary?!?

julie.w330.h330.jpg

Archived