Louie Sibley

DCFC4LIFE

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Our future can be secured by selling at the right price and at the right time  our academy products. 

he's the future NOW! The New Huddlestone  -  I have just watched Colin Todds Part 2 interview - Stevie Powell played at 16 against Benfica at the BBG.

the lad is mature enough and good enough to be in the first team squad

What would you class as a ‘substantial offer’? To me it would be say £2 mil for a youth player but would we really gain anything from that? probably not, so you’d be looking at at least double that to make it worth our while? at which point wolves would think it’s probably not worth it.

9 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

What would you class as a ‘substantial offer’? To me it would be say £2 mil for a youth player but would we really gain anything from that? probably not, so you’d be looking at at least double that to make it worth our while? at which point wolves would think it’s probably not worth it.

For Sibley... £10m is the absolute minimum. 

14 hours ago, philmycock said:

Send him to Aberdeen on loan, they've been good for Lowe and it can be an apology for taking our player back, think Sibley would be a great addition for them 

Yeah but that would mean me having to go to Pittodrie a bit more again, and I don't think Pittodrie can handle much more of @Inverurie Ram or is it the other way round.

On 23/12/2018 at 21:21, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Our future can be secured by selling at the right price and at the right time  our academy products. 

Rubbish. Sell an academy player would not bring in enough to purchase a first team player. If Wolves have enough money to throw away then they would buy someone they would know/hope could fit straight in.

In this case they are investingin their future and when we speculate in SO CALLED BIG MONEY I doubt it would be any more than 1 or 2 million at best

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Rubbish. Sell an academy player would not bring in enough to purchase a first team player. If Wolves have enough money to throw away then they would buy someone they would know/hope could fit straight in.

In this case they are investingin their future and when we speculate in SO CALLED BIG MONEY I doubt it would be any more than 1 or 2 million at best

Good morning to you to.

This will be a first big personal test for Sibbers.

Rumours of a move to the Prem, rumours on here regards the fee, (some fanciful) 

Not made the first team here yet.

Some lads would let it effect them and their performances in a negative way.

But I don’t think he will, I hope it pushes him forward.

Been training with the first team but is very true wolves have been sniffing.they watched him v utd the other week.the diffence is now the youth players now see a path to the first team.we be a big player in the future.good player with a winning attitude.

Few academy stars ever make the transition to high-level first team football, but the academy costs a lot of money. I don't have a problem selling academy youngsters who haven't forced their way into the first team for a few million plus add-ons. Football's a business and that seems good business.

I like Sibley a lot when I've seen him in the U23s - he seems a real stand out there - so I'm a little surprised he's not made Lampard's first team bench so far. Will he get a look-in against Southampton? I expect Max Bird will figure, but maybe Louie should be given a chance to show us what he can do.

Who are the best prospects in academy at present? If Bogle and Lowe are both counted as first team, is it Thomas, Bird, Sibley, Elsnik, Babos, Gordon, AN Other? They're all good and I'd love them all to have a future with us, but I would suggest £5million plus add-ons for any of them would be great business.

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Few academy stars ever make the transition to high-level first team football, but the academy costs a lot of money. I don't have a problem selling academy youngsters who haven't forced their way into the first team for a few million plus add-ons. Football's a business and that seems good business.

I like Sibley a lot when I've seen him in the U23s - he seems a real stand out there - so I'm a little surprised he's not made Lampard's first team bench so far. Will he get a look-in against Southampton? I expect Max Bird will figure, but maybe Louie should be given a chance to show us what he can do.

Who are the best prospects in academy at present? If Bogle and Lowe are both counted as first team, is it Thomas, Bird, Sibley, Elsnik, Babos, Gordon, AN Other? They're all good and I'd love them all to have a future with us, but I would suggest £5million plus add-ons for any of them would be great business.

I agree - if memory serves correctly, the academy costs in excess of £3M annually which aint chicken feed! That said, I'd dearly love to hang onto Bird and Sibley who look a cut above the others, talented as they all are. They're two very exciting young prospects for whom, if normal progress is maintained, the sky's the limit.

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sibley and Bird are the two I would definitely not sell "for a few million". They're a cut above any other players we have and up there with the very best in the country for their age based on what I've seen.

I can't see Babos or Gordon making it with us. I'm unsure on Elsnik purley based on the progress of Bird and Sibley. Knight also seems more promising from what I've seen.

Bird, Sibley, Thomas and MacDonald are all ready for first team exposure. However, we have a lot of players who can play in their positions so loans for the rest of the season may be a strong possibility for the latter three. [Forsyth, Malone, Lowe, Olsson blocking MacDonalds path; Wilson, FloJo, Holmes, Lawrence, Waghorn, Bennett blocking Thomas; Mount, Huddlestone, Bryson, Wilson, Ledley, Evans, Holmes, Johnson blocking the others]. This assumes Anya, Thorne, Butterfield aren't part of Frank's plan.

The next two closest to the first team are McAllister and Mitchell-Lawson. Again, a lot of competition to break into the first team. 

Tyree Wilson, Whittaker and Stretton are breaking into the U23s now and could play anywhere across the front three and all show plenty of potential.

• 4 months later...

Archived