V Sheffield United (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll try and make this the last post but just to look at some positives

1) Leeds and Norwich won’t keep scrambling points like they are, if they are liable to conceading goals other teams will get at them and they will breakdown and drop more points. 

2) Our weaknesses are easy to see. If Lampard looks to address them we have as good a chance as anybody else in this league still.

3) we have goals in this team if we create

36 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

We conceded 3 goals no one in defence was good. Time to move on from Keogh, what’s Einstein saying ???

DC0850C0-2E03-4AFC-8E7D-7D16DD5B0E5B.jpeg

There's no credible source that he ever said that. 

And it wouldn't be applicable to football anyway

Anyone who thinks Keogh had a bad game or is the cause of our defensive problems dimly can't let go of the past and is holding a grudge.

The only player willing to make things happen with the ball. Bailed out his fellow defenders on several occasions. He is not responsible for both Tomori and Wisdom giving Sharp a free header and Carson casually folding to the ground. 

He's not responsible for Tomori completely losing McGoldrick and failing to get back and challenge him. He is not responsible for Bogle losing his man and then deflecting the ball away from Carson.

Our wingers did not do enough to combat the threat of Sheffield United's wing backs. Time and time again Bogle and Wisdom were left in two on one situations as Jozefzoon and Wilson didn't help them out well enough. I think Waghorn and Bennett (if fit) would've been a much better fit for this game.

21 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Could you ask your friend Albert who we play instead of Keogh,  Pearce, wisdom or maybe someone form the under 23s .

He says he hasn’t got a clue (bit like me)?

Have criticized Keogh in the past and no doubt will do again and will with other players. Ok try to judge game to game and today he did ok pick of a poor defence.

Saturday is time to look at it again bring Pearce in to partner Keogh he is a experienced championship CB so will be ok.Move Tomori to right back played well for Hull there last season.

Left back is a difficult one heard it mentioned on the radio Anya is worth bringing in he can play there and gives us pace in both FB slots.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Although, if it's a rebuild job this season, why do we have so many loan players. Whatever we are building, it won't be on Wilson, Mount and Tomori.

Buying us time I would assume 

10 players is it? Out of contract end of season? I think frank, if he’s shrewd will be already thinking about targets to implement what he’s trying to do for next year 

there was no way Lampard was ever going to try and play intricate football with the Likes of weiman, Johnson and Jerome etc etc 

until there’s wriggle room on the wage bill I think it was a case of wheeling a dealing

i don’t think for a second we’ll be spending millions in the summer but if we’re clever and tie down a few out of contract players we might have a very different feel to the squad 

4 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Have criticized Keogh in the past and no doubt will do again and will with other players. Ok try to judge game to game and today he did ok pick of a poor defence.

Saturday is time to look at it again bring Pearce in to partner Keogh he is a experienced championship CB so will be ok.Move Tomori to right back played well for Hull there last season.

Left back is a difficult one heard it mentioned on the radio Anya is worth bringing in he can play there and gives us pace in both FB slots.

Id go with that, tomori can’t defend crosses into the box, if anyone had any doubt about that then today was the nail in that coffin.

maybe he’s better at stopping the cross? 

Archived