V Sheffield United (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are the softest team in the championship!! Bullied, pushed around and physically just don’t have it.. 

Happy for a mid-table finish, as Bryson, Huddlestone, Ledley, Nugent, Butters, Pearce are all out of contract!! 

Lamps, that is your real chance for a fresh start, we still have far too much deadwood and mental scares from past January collapses to be able to do anything with this group!!

Although our defence was poor in the second half that got absolutely no protection from midfield. Bryson was dreadful again today, Huddlestone struggled to cope with their pace, Mount has not matched his early performances since coming back from injury and Evans looked lost when he came on. As a result of our poor midfield we are not creating chances for our forwards. Frank’s no fool and will know this so expect midfield reinforcements in January. Onwards and upwards. 

1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Yep Don Goodman your a disgrace after 9 replays I showed my 9 year old with no sound on the so called penalty moment and he said nothing happened. Sky TV have a look at yourself. Come to think of it, Don you could have played for us and done more than our midfield did.

Mel, Frank anyone that matters, I've said it for years until you sign anyone that can get stuck in, in midfield, win a ball, keep a ball and pass it when it matters (therefore not Bradley) and instill some proper aggression (therefore not Bradley) in our team, then we ain't going to beat Sheff Utd away or get enough points for promotion. We need a Roy Keane type of player, but unfortunately Craig Bryson was more like Alan Carr without the rubbish gags today, didn't even look bothered about getting stuck in.

And I don't need to read the threads above me or the one's to follow this to work that one out.

Derby County they always turn me to drink, it"s a complete wonder there's not more alcoholics amongst our fanbase.

I need music and drink. Unfortunately there's too many folk at dcfc that will need a little time to think it over........once again.

one aga

Just read this after my ‘Goodman’ Post. Applause ? 

14 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I thought the whole back 4 was horrendous, Keogh was the best of a bad bunch but his positioning was terrible. Pearce in for Tomori against Norwich please

Keogh the best... This is a joke right? 

The captain had an absolute shocker and it staggers me that you cannot see this, he lost his composure over and over. 

I felt really sorry for Bogle  and Tomori, two very promising younger players learning their trade playing next to this shambles of a leader.

Bryson too, awful and invisible.

Keogh and Bryson have to set the standard, they simply did not do this.

To blame the younger players is an easy way of papering over the real issue.

Just now, Matlock Old Ram said:

Although our defence was poor in the second half that got absolutely no protection from midfield. Bryson was dreadful again today, Huddlestone struggled to cope with their pace, Mount has not matched his early performances since coming back from injury and Evans looked lost when he came on. As a result of our poor midfield we are not creating chances for our forwards. Frank’s no fool and will know this so expect midfield reinforcements in January. Onwards and upwards. 

Spot on Matlock. 

I thought we played well in the first half. Two lino decisions twice stopped marriott when he was onside. But billy sharp is a bloody handful. Not sure what the goal celebration was all about. Wonderful free kick. For me that was his best yet. And no it wasn't a penalty. Mcgoldrick went down under no pressure as soon as he felt tomori touch him.

Second half became a battle. we lost out in a physical scrap, and the subs seemed to make us worse. The last goal was poor and the scoreline flattered them a bit. When moves break down we are very vulnerable to the counter and we got rattled.

but tbh i expected a narrow defeat.

move on.

1 minute ago, Rammed79 said:

With regards to our midfield does anyone think Bird and Sibley should be given chance to show what they can do ? As midfield doesn't seem to be quite right not sure why 

A DM who is constantly out of position and too casual to want to influence the game? An experienced CM who again can’t position himself correctly (sometimes admiringly because the RW cuts in to the area he wants to control)? The other CM partially believing his own hype and doesn’t maybe realise how much of a slog playing midfield in the championship is, he’s got to graft o play the way he wants.

Thats for starters...

Surely part of a captains role is to influence the composure and attitude of other players on the pitch.Unfortunately he did not manage to fulfil this role today and in recent matches. Yes he played well in parts and also made some mistakes but personally at the moment it's not working with him as captain.

6 minutes ago, Xlor said:

He can't head properly, he can't kick properly, his awareness and positioning are both terrible, he's always sliding in/selling himself, I can't speak for other players but they can't have much confidence playing next to him, we've not progressed an inch in the 300 (how?) Games he's played. Even his hair is poo. Enough or shall I carry on?

Please carry on with this absolute balls you're posting then duck off back to your own teams forum .

Just now, Dappled Ram said:

Surely part of a captains role is to influence the composure and attitude of other players on the pitch.Unfortunately he did not manage to fulfil this role today and in recent matches. Yes he played well in parts and also made some mistakes but personally at the moment it's not working with him as captain.

This

Two passengers - Jozefzoon and Bryson, the latter should be put out to pasture in the summer.

Three bad performances - Keogh, Wisdom and Carson.

Everyone else a 5/10, bar Wilson who gets a 6 for the goal.

Tomori is a capable covering centre half, but when he goes up against a Billy Sharp type gets bullied like Keogh does.

They were no great shakes offensively, but very well organised, knew how they were going to attack and their strikers were always in the game. Huddlestone can't be both the screen and the creator and when he gets pulled around the park it leaves the centre halves vulnerable.

Hoping we can find some energy for Norwich because that 2nd half was Rowett-esque without the defensive compactness.

Archived