If you could pick your age?

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I got sent this the other day, I'm 52 so it was an easy choice ?

image.thumb.png.602bf4aa470adc7487aeedcc84790f98.png

10 year old with the knowledge I have now. You'd be a billionaire! Think of the sporting events you could bet on for start! 10 million dollars is about 7.5 million pounds now. So I choose the red pill. 

I wouldn't want to be any age other than the one I am, currently fifty two and three quarters. The physical health and beauty of youth is no substitute for the self knowledge you only get with lived experience. 

As Goethe said, youth is wasted on the young. 

That old one ... If youth knew, if age could 

thing is if you could have another go and do things differently then, when it was done, you wouldn’t be you .. or would you ?

Wish I had marginally better teeth and a few quid more but I am healthy, reasonably solvent, have someone to love and a few friends. As these things go I reckon that is a good hand 

48 minutes ago, jono said:

That old one ... If youth knew, if age could 

thing is if you could have another go and do things differently then, when it was done, you wouldn’t be you .. or would you ?

Wish I had marginally better teeth and a few quid more but I am healthy, reasonably solvent, have someone to love and a few friends. As these things go I reckon that is a good hand 

Agreed. I've spent too long in the past wishing I could re-live a large chunk of my life in order to erase what ended up being a pointless marriage. But then I realised that it was only by going through that, that I've ended up in the good place that I am now.

It sounds really obvious now but I do believe that if you're generally happy, then you shouldn't really regret stuff in the past that got you to this point.

29 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

It sounds really obvious now but I do believe that if you're generally happy, then you shouldn't really regret stuff in the past that got you to this point

Even if you're not generally happy, I think that the principle still applies that it's the mistakes and tough times which make us who we are, so there's no sense in regretting them. 

With hindsight, I'd say that the most painful experiences have the most to teach us; amor fati, the love of fate, is the way to peace of mind. 

No one can teach you that, which is why I wouldn't want to be young again.

2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

*Tries to picture 'marginally better' teeth. 

I knew you'd spot that one ???

They're ok, as in presentable, (despite copious quantities of coffee, red wine and whatever being an ex 20 a day smoker does) and are largely white (well as white as any 59 year old ones can be without artifice -  but I've lost a molar, have some bone loss which would make implants a problem (if I could afford them) and I refuse to have a plate with one tooth in it. … Thing is I love food .. I mean really love it. A great set of gnashers would just enhance that pleasure. 

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

18 years old without a doubt.....and I would move over here straight away

I would love to meet my 18 year old self and tell the big dope a thing or two about life.

But he would take any notice 

Archived