Sheff Wed (A) Tickets

Day

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be in their North stand with my better half and 2 of our daughters (1 ram/ 1 owl). Me and MrsER met on the train back from London the Sunday after Chelsea did us 4-0 at theirs, and she had stayed in London after seeing their lot at Southampton....heady days for both clubs ? We had a lunch time kick off and by Sunday morning I was hanging! ? 

So I've seen a fair bit of Hillsborough over the years, and I have a bit of a soft spot for the place, it's a proper ground with proper fans. But the away end is a shed. Ticket pricing is a sore point for them too, particularly given the season they will have. 

I've sat in the home stands at a few ground's when we've played away, and I always love hearing our away giving it loads, fills me with pride.

Much as I spend most of my life keeping the better half and the other daughter happy, I hope we smash them!

1 hour ago, EnzaRam said:

I'll be in their North stand with my better half and 2 of our daughters (1 ram/ 1 owl). Me and MrsER met on the train back from London the Sunday after Chelsea did us 4-0 at theirs, and she had stayed in London after seeing their lot at Southampton....heady days for both clubs ? We had a lunch time kick off and by Sunday morning I was hanging! ? 

So I've seen a fair bit of Hillsborough over the years, and I have a bit of a soft spot for the place, it's a proper ground with proper fans. But the away end is a shed. Ticket pricing is a sore point for them too, particularly given the season they will have. 

I've sat in the home stands at a few ground's when we've played away, and I always love hearing our away giving it loads, fills me with pride.

Much as I spend most of my life keeping the better half and the other daughter happy, I hope we smash them!

Why do you not for a change go in the away end with all the Rams fans, then you can Start the bounce with all the other Rams fans, hope you are the one smiling at 5 o'clock next Saturday,  although it could be a tough week ahead but worth it lol.

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

Why do you not for a change go in the away end with all the Rams fans, then you can Start the bounce with all the other Rams fans, hope you are the one smiling at 5 o'clock next Saturday,  although it could be a tough week ahead but worth it lol.

Sorry, the boring but true answer is that matches and family time are hard as me and MrsER work irregular shifts. DCFC has always been there for me, but I love my girls more than anything else. I should probably go back to being a forum lurker rather than poster ?

9 hours ago, EnzaRam said:

Sorry, the boring but true answer is that matches and family time are hard as me and MrsER work irregular shifts. DCFC has always been there for me, but I love my girls more than anything else. I should probably go back to being a forum lurker rather than poster ?

Don’t apologise. Apart from your last sentence, that is how it should be. This forum is for all Rams fans so you have as much right as anyone to post on here. I will be among the away fans and I hope we do you proud and we all enjoy a Rams victory.

13 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Don’t apologise. Apart from your last sentence, that is how it should be. This forum is for all Rams fans so you have as much right as anyone to post on here. I will be among the away fans and I hope we do you proud and we all enjoy a Rams victory.

I agree. I wish a wider range of people would post more often. We're all Derby! 

My Saturday has been freed up and thought id go up to Sheffield.

I thought the away tickets were sold out so had a look at the home end. £36 - £43....... , ill take my cash to a local non league game instead. 

£36 - £43. How on earth do clubs justify that????? 

3 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

My Saturday has been freed up and thought id go up to Sheffield.

I thought the away tickets were sold out so had a look at the home end. £36 - £43....... , ill take my cash to a local non league game instead. 

£36 - £43. How on earth do clubs justify that????? 

Stoke is sold out. Sheffield Wednesday isn’t.

On 02/11/2018 at 03:58, Will the Ram said:

There are 2 structural beams that support the roof of the away end (one on each side of the goal) and they obstruct the view of some of the pitch.

The whole place is seriously run down. They need a new stadium.

Disagree there. Hillsborough is one of the last old fashioned stadiums. Unique and not a corporate bowl like you see up and down the country nowadays.

The away end I've never been in, but I have heard it is rubbish for away fans so I do sympathise with you when you have to pay the disgusting prices. But in the home ends when there's a good crowd it oozes with atmosphere and, although might be bias, there is really no place like it to watch football. Real nostalgia. 

The fact that we have not sold the 3100 tickets tells you everything you need to know about ticket prices.

3pm, Saturday afternoon, less than one hour away. Big club etc.

Wednesday won't care - they seem to be like Derby when treating fans to silly ticket prices.

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

The fact that we have not sold the 3100 tickets tells you everything you need to know about ticket prices.

3pm, Saturday afternoon, less than one hour away. Big club etc.

Wednesday won't care - they seem to be like Derby when treating fans to silly ticket prices.

Agree in general ticket prices are too high.Dont agree with your argument about Derby fans we’ve sold close to 3000 tickets and will probably sell out.Also i disagree Derby set the going championship prices and indeed do good regular deals like Villa for example which gave us our largest attendance of season,kids for £30 a season with adult season ticket holders,etc.Derby are no different to any other championship team who have a high regular fan base 

Maybe if the FL negotiatied a better TV rights deal clubs could afford to lower ticket prices? It’s ok accusing clubs of fleecing the fans but most clubs in the Championship are operating at a loss with owners pumping millions in each year. No money trees around Pride Park or Hillsborough. 

As @dcfc4ever said, Derby run plenty of special offers and prices are pretty much inline with all the promotion chasing sides. 

Archived