Smells like Team Spirit

angieram

It's the little things - Keogh welcoming the subs into the goal celebrations, Marriott actively seeking out Fozzy at the end of yesterday’s game to say thanks for the cross, Carson's hug for Mount after his goal clearance. 

Most telling, Lampard applauding the intention of Bogle at a slightly misplaced pass that nearly came off.

I think this team has been given permission to play without fear, to keep trying the positive and not to worry (or lay blame on individuals) when it doesn't quite work.

I love it and we could all learn from the example our players are setting. Smells suspiciously like team spirit to me. 

(With apologies to Nirvana!)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, angieram said:

It's the little things - Keogh welcoming the subs into the goal celebrations, Marriott actively seeking out Fozzy at the end of yesterday’s game to say thanks for the cross, Carson's hug for Mount after his goal clearance. 

Most telling, Lampard applauding the intention of Bogle at a slightly misplaced pass that nearly came off.

I think this team has been given permission to play without fear, to keep trying the positive and not to worry (or lay blame on individuals) when it doesn't quite work.

I love it and we could all learn from the example our players are setting. Smells suspiciously like team spirit to me. 

I agree Angieram. Things are looking really positive at the moment IMO. Even if we had lost yesterday, I wouldn't have been too down because of the way we were trying to play.

3 minutes ago, £2millionHaHa(1967Ram) said:

I agree Angieram. Things are looking really positive at the moment IMO. Even if we had lost yesterday, I wouldn't have been too down because of the way we were trying to play.

This is key and such a change from the past couple of years. Whenever I’ve seen us play an in form team recently, I’ve been slightly envious of the way their team seem to have a system and style while Derby look a bit flat. 

Yesterday started similarly, as Sheff Utd played first half with a pace and lovely quick passing moves that got the ball up the pitch quickly time and again.

Yet we were trying to play too, and as their legs started to go, we carried on and took the momentum of the match. Very pleased, and hope we continue to build every match throughout the season

I’m not sure we realise how lucky we are to have FL as our manager. English (British) football is entering a new era in its history in respect of young managers and their forward thinking, Southgate at the head followed by Lampard, Gerard & other’s and by association Derby County are right smack bang in the middle of this evolution. Many of the old guard on the managerial merry go round will in time become extinct. Our manager is the future of football in this country and history will show that he took our football club with him on his initial journey. We all need to appreciate where the journey will take us and thank the lucky stars that we don’t support the lines of Stoke, Forest, Middlesbrough et al. Yes, there will be inconsistencies and ups & downs along the way as he gains experience but what a great time it is to be a Derby fan and I for one am especially exicited about what lies ahead for the club, players and us as supporters. 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Anything linked 2 Nirvana is good for me and I agree, we are not the finished article by any stretch but this is so much better than last season and let’s enjoy the ride. This is going 2 be fun ????

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Agree with this 100 percent, now for all our fans to start having the same spirit as the team, still to many moaning about anything they can, for me we are being entertained with some high quality football, long may it continue. And some fans need to start to enjoy this, else what the hell will they ever enjoy lol.

4 hours ago, angieram said:

I'd have liked this for the clever title alone but I agree with every point made. It makes some of the carping from fans all the more maddening but I'll take that if the team and coaching staff continue forward with a really positive and determined mindset. This is such a different team to last year, even the personnel who played in both seasons and it's an absolute delight to watch. Plenty still to work on but by that same measure there should also then be ample scope for improvement. We could be quite a frightening proposition by the end of this season ?

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

This is key and such a change from the past couple of years. Whenever I’ve seen us play an in form team recently, I’ve been slightly envious of the way their team seem to have a system and style while Derby look a bit flat. 

Yesterday started similarly, as Sheff Utd played first half with a pace and lovely quick passing moves that got the ball up the pitch quickly time and again.

Yet we were trying to play too, and as their legs started to go, we carried on and took the momentum of the match. Very pleased, and hope we continue to build every match throughout the season

I didn't think that yesterday's start was flat r4

6 hours ago, angieram said:

Very true - all good points. There's also the simple thing of enjoying your football.

I suspect most of Nirvana's royalties for this go to Boston, so I shall add you're completely right. It's more than a feeling!

11 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I didn't think that yesterday's start was flat r4

Apologies. I didn’t mean we were flat on Saturday, more that Sheff Utd started with a style and purpose that we’ve seen teams have against us. No problem about our performance.

It was more an observation about us playing teams in form where they look good and we don’t. And it’s happened a lot. I end up sitting there thinking ‘why don’t we play football like that? What football do we play?’ You’re going back to Mac1 the last time we had an attractive and effective style

Kee-oh, Kee-oh, Kee-oh, Keeee-oh,

Kee-oh, Kee-oh, Kee-oh, Keeee-oh,

Kee-oh, Kee-oh, Kee-oh, Keeee-oh,

Kee-oh, Kee-oh, Kee-oh,

Mason Mount now, entertains us,

Harry Wilson, entertains us,

Tommy Lawrence, entertains us,

We are Derby, entertain us,

Frankie Lampard, Jody Morris,

Frankie Lampard, JodyMorris,

Yeah. 

On 21/10/2018 at 19:09, Gisby said:

I’m not sure we realise how lucky we are to have FL as our manager. English (British) football is entering a new era in its history in respect of young managers and their forward thinking, Southgate at the head followed by Lampard, Gerard & other’s and by association Derby County are right smack bang in the middle of this evolution. Many of the old guard on the managerial merry go round will in time become extinct. Our manager is the future of football in this country and history will show that he took our football club with him on his initial journey. We all need to appreciate where the journey will take us and thank the lucky stars that we don’t support the lines of Stoke, Forest, Middlesbrough et al. Yes, there will be inconsistencies and ups & downs along the way as he gains experience but what a great time it is to be a Derby fan and I for one am especially exicited about what lies ahead for the club, players and us as supporters. 

Completely agree, we’re just moving into that new era. Even Stoke, it may not be working out for them (hehe) but they went for the English still-young-ish manager when they could have tried for Moyes, Big Sam or any number of overseas managers.

But I agree it seems like a rise of the young English managers, maybe beginning to push the likes of Moyes, Sam, Lambert etc off the merry go round 

Archived