V Norwich (H) Match Thread

Millenniumram

14 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

The U23s played Paris St Germain ("PSG") last week in the Premier League International Cup and drew 1-1 with Holmes missing some golden opportunities when it looked easier to score.

One golden opportunity.

The other time he was "through" he was running side by side a big defender, at an angle taking him away from the goal.

I think people are exaggerating with regards to the level of his performance. He passed well, won the ball well, moved very well. I'd be interested to see how often in his career he's been in one-on-one situations but I don't think it's often.

That being said, people calling for him to start are probably just drunk. We've a lot of depth in his position, and every player has infinitely more experience at this level than he does. 

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Parsnip said:

There's a whole thread for this.

Something about Nuge's stiffness and carrots.

Or summat.

WOW, a whole thread!! has it got the answer in it? Could it be something to do with a harvest festival in Norwich?

12 minutes ago, mozza said:

WOW, a whole thread!! has it got the answer in it? Could it be something to do with a harvest festival in Norwich?

It's just tv I think. They're showing every midweek game live on sky red button so they're played over 2 days.

Keep hearing that Norwich are inform and are a good footballing side etc etc etc.....

They have won there last 5 games by 1 goal. 1-0, 1-0, 1-0, 2-1, 4-3.

Anybody would think that Billy Davies was in charge - Think we can end that tonight by stuffing them 3-1/4-1!

Hi parsnip

Yes lets freshen it up a bit -- but who will you have playing the holding role Hudders or Bradders?

Nugent and Bennett could both do with a rest. ....but I'm sure there is a view that says give Lawrence a go before FloJo. ....in the same way there is a view that says play Marriott before Waghorn.

My view lets play Nugent for 45mins...then replace with Waghorn ? 

Tricky selection to get right !??

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 19:37, McLovin said:

Carson

Bogle Keogh  Tomori  Malone

Huddlestone   

Mount         Holmes

Jozefzoon  Marriott   Wilson

Similar team to mine other than Holmes can't play in the midfield 3, would get overrun, so Bryson in for him and I would give Bogle a rest and play Wisdom tonight.....

Brad has to play tonight. Not only his form but also his links to Norwich kind of dictate his selection. I'm not sure how he will have felt having gone up as POTY only to be sold back into the Championship (have I got that right?) and I'd like to think he'll be wanting to again show what he's about tonight. I foresee a big game from the lad helping us to a hard-fought win by a single goal. Brad's due one of his trademark thunder strikes. Hopefully tonight's the night. COYR

On 29/09/2018 at 21:30, DCFC1388 said:

Need to freshen it up on Weds, today was the ideal game for someone like Holmes to be creative but he wasnt on the bench unfortunatly.

Personally I think we should make a few changes - 

Forsyth / Malone

Bryson / Holmes

Bennett / Waghorn

Nugent / Marriott

Wilson / Lawrence

Freshen up the front 3, Wilson is a debatable one but i'm basing it on that he is still coming back from an injury.

Subs - Roos Davies Huddlestone Bryson Wilson Jozefzoon Nugent

You're funny!

Archived