Youth under new managment

Archied

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

The progress of Bogle and Bennett would not have gone unnoticed in the U23s, nor will Bogle's new 4 year contract, even young Bird being involved in bits and pre season.

You hear about the pathway from academy to first team but these young players probably need to see it to believe it as under previous managers it's simply not been there. Turning up to training each day, performing in the U23s knowing very few break through must be disheartening.

The pathway now will seem very real.

Let's not forget who our manager is, the one and only Frank Lampard, a midfield legend that many of these players would have grown up watching play for Chelsea and England, that will have been a huge lift with these youngsters wanting to impress and play for him.

G Star is right though, it is early days, but things are good right now.

I seem to remember you backing Rowett up when many was suggesting to give youth a chance.

You're as bad as him. You was feeding him mice.

4 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

I seem to remember you backing Rowett up when many was suggesting to give youth a chance.

You're as bad as him. You was feeding him mice.

Be interested to see that post.

What I probably would have posted as I haven't changed my thoughts, is that I understand why managers are reluctant to give youth a chance, managers tenures these days are roughly 5 minutes give or take with the main goal being promotion.

If a manager can go and spend X million on a player proven at this level, they will do that over say giving a youngster in the academy a chance that will need a run of games to settle. I understand it.

I also said that I don't think fans have the patience these days to get behind the youngsters, I still stand by that, Bennett has come under criticism already and Bogle will have to be ready when we hit a rough patch, which we will it's the Championship. I don't want to pre rock the boat but he's young, still learning and this season will not be a cruise despite outplaying United at Old Trafford.

Never once have I said don't play the youngsters, or forget this pathway. I think it's refreshing to see a manager like Lampard actively fighting for promotion whilst giving these youngsters a chance, due to the recent spending it's probably needed. I'm slightly disappointed Lowe isn't still around, although in fairness nobody probably expected Forsyth to rediscover his former self.

If you can find any post from me which goes against any of this, link and shame me!

26 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

You're as bad as him. 

11 minutes ago, David said:

Challenge accepted...

On 01/07/2017 at 10:50, David said:

I'm sick of everyone suggesting Gary should give the youth a chance. Gary is a great man and 100% correct in everything he's doing. I'll stake my reputation on the fact that Bogle will never make the step up. I love Gary Rowett he's the best thing that ever happened to Derby County.

P.s. @Parsnip don't forget I owe you that £100. You're the best buddy x

55 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

You're lucky. My mum nailed the boiling of vegetables until they were indistinguishable from one another. I grew up thinking vegetables were something to be drank.

Me too.

Oh sorry, that's barley.

1 hour ago, David said:

What I probably would have posted as I haven't changed my thoughts, is that I understand why managers are reluctant to give youth a chance, managers tenures these days are roughly 5 minutes give or take with the main goal being promotion.

If a manager can go and spend X million on a player proven at this level, they will do that over say giving a youngster in the academy a chance that will need a run of games to settle. I understand it.

I also said that I don't think fans have the patience these days to get behind the youngsters, I still stand by that, Bennett has come under criticism already and Bogle will have to be ready when we hit a rough patch, which we will it's the Championship. I don't want to pre rock the boat but he's young, still learning and this season will not be a cruise despite outplaying United at Old Trafford.

Never once have I said don't play the youngsters, or forget this pathway. I think it's refreshing to see a manager like Lampard actively fighting for promotion whilst giving these youngsters a chance, due to the recent spending it's probably needed. I'm slightly disappointed Lowe isn't still around, although in fairness nobody probably expected Forsyth to rediscover his former self.

If you can find any post from me which goes against any of this, link and shame me!

Nice try. You are the forum owner and delete what may come back to bite you on the arse whilst keeping your post count.

3 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Nice try. You are the forum owner and delete what may come back to bite you on the arse whilst keeping your post count.

That's slander.

I'm not always right you know and will gladly hold my hand up and admit I was wrong when the day arrives. 

Rather than just call a manager clueless, I will always try to look at things from multiple angles and in doing so can understand the reasoning without agreeing with it.

44 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

That's one of the most solid accusational arguments I've ever heard. All the evidence is unequivocally there.

GUILTY.

?

2 hours ago, David said:

That's slander.

I'm not always right you know and will gladly hold my hand up and admit I was wrong when the day arrives. 

Rather than just call a manager clueless, I will always try to look at things from multiple angles and in doing so can understand the reasoning without agreeing with it.

As a lover of pedantry it’s actually libel (written defamation) rather than slander (spoken defamation).

You’re welcome!

Archived