Youth under new managment

Archied

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The progress of Bogle and Bennett would not have gone unnoticed in the U23s, nor will Bogle's new 4 year contract, even young Bird being involved in bits and pre season.

You hear about the pathway from academy to first team but these young players probably need to see it to believe it as under previous managers it's simply not been there. Turning up to training each day, performing in the U23s knowing very few break through must be disheartening.

The pathway now will seem very real.

Let's not forget who our manager is, the one and only Frank Lampard, a midfield legend that many of these players would have grown up watching play for Chelsea and England, that will have been a huge lift with these youngsters wanting to impress and play for him.

G Star is right though, it is early days, but things are good right now.

10 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Maybe the praise for this should still be with Darren Wassall and his team. The fruits of the long-term view and the investment in the academy could just be starting to come through.

Yes I am sure Darren Wassall and his team have a lot to do with the development and should be commended. But like David said, if like managers before there didn't appear to be a way into the first team then morale would fall.

Bogle, Bennett and even the guys out on loan will inspire those now vying for their places.

It is that carrot thing 

Incentive is a very big and powerful tool in man management 

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

A poo vegetable you load up onto your plate at Christmas thinking they’re roast potatoes. 

Knock the member but not the parsnip, quality veg that is flavoursome and more than worthy of a spot on your plate any time of the year.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Knock the member but not the parsnip, quality veg that is flavoursome and more than worthy of a spot on your plate any time of the year.

Also, it must not be underrated as a vital component of stews and casseroles adding an extra layer of subtle flavour to the mix.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Also, it must not be underrated as a vital component of stews and casseroles adding an extra layer of subtle flavour to the mix.

I prefer mine roasted to point where the edges are black, you have that satisfying softened crunch through the gravy. 

Done right, it’s choosing between potato’s and parsnips is just as tough as Wanchope and Wilson goals at Old Trafford.

2 minutes ago, David said:

I prefer mine roasted to point where the edges are black, you have that satisfying softened crunch through the gravy. 

Done right, it’s choosing between potato’s and parsnips is just as tough as Wanchope and Wilson goals at Old Trafford.

Once had a hard one at the Cherry tree carvery, misery I tell yer.....

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Once had a hard one at the Cherry tree carvery, misery I tell yer.....

You do have to be careful as it’s a fine line between parsnip perfection and chewing a brick. My mum nails it, skillz as the kids would say. 

27 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I wish I'd have called myself something like G STAR - so cool. 

Wtf is Parsnip?

My partner is German and, after being on the phone to relatives, sometimes forgets the English word. She recently asked me to get some white carrots! So, there’s your answer!

9 minutes ago, David said:

Please don't forget Malcolm Christie.☺️

10 minutes ago, David said:

My mum nails it, skillz as the kids would say

You're lucky. My mum nailed the boiling of vegetables until they were indistinguishable from one another. I grew up thinking vegetables were something to be drank.

Archived