My Ultimate Derby County Dream

DazaDunn

Hi guys, not posted for ages but I’m still buzzing from beating the second worst team in red!

Something has been on my mind recently, I’m in my early 20s and has followed DCFC for over twenty years so I’ve had ups and downs. I’ve come to the conclusion that I know what I want to see in my lifetime. Yes we all have our dreams but my ultimate DCFC dream is to see us play in the Champions League... imagine the sound of the CL Anthem under the lights at our very own pride park! I don’t care about the result, it’s something I crave!

I know it’s possibly decades away but I just want to witness it in my lifetime.

what’s your DCFC dream?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

Hi guys, not posted for ages but I’m still buzzing from beating the second worst team in red!

Something has been on my mind recently, I’m in my early 20s and has followed DCFC for over twenty years so I’ve had ups and downs. I’ve come to the conclusion that I know what I want to see in my lifetime. Yes we all have our dreams but my ultimate DCFC dream is to see us play in the Champions League... imagine the sound of the CL Anthem under the lights at our very own pride park! I don’t care about the result, it’s something I crave!

what’s your DCFC dream?

Pretty sure this would be anybody's ultimate dream but if it came to it people would still find a way of being disappointed.

Just look at Leicester fans and how quickly it all turned on Ranieri.

Not sure what other dreams we can have to be honest? I once dreamed that i scored a winner against Forest. That would be great. But i'm 26 now and Rowett isn't the manager anymore so it's looking unlikely.

It's early May, the sun is shining, slight breeze in the air as I wake up just before 9am. It's Saturday, game day, we play Manchester City at home today, a win would see us lift the Premier League trophy. I feel a little sick, it's nerves, the missus brings me up a plate of sausages but I can only manage the two. 

I'm showered, pull on my Hughes 8 Derby County shirt, this could be the day that Will Hughes lifts the Premier League trophy.

Drop the dog off at the missus mums for the night, set the sat nav for Pride Park. 

We arrive at the Travel lodge around 1pm, gives me 2 hours to settle the nerves with a few pints.

I log on dcfcfans.uk whilst finishing off my 5th, B4 has created a topic, Champions. I wish he wouldn't but I'm with him, we're going to win this, Derby County Premier League Champions. Sounds good.

1,200 fans are online, I check the advert revenue, nobody has ad block on, I love our fans.

2.30pm I stagger towards the ground, purchase a programme, one to have framed and show the grandkids one day.

Enter the South Stand, fans are singing Since I was Young whilst drinking their pints, not launching them in the air. I go to the bar, can manage just one more, this week it's not been watered down and they've trusted us with a proper pint glass, not one of those plastic crap ones.

2.55pm Pride Park is rammed, excuse the pun. Not a seat spare as the players enter the pitch and the light reflects off Guardiola's shiny head, I snarl what a c.......as he goes to shake the hand of my manager, Mr Frank Lampard. 

The game kicks off and basically we smash them 5-0 and crowned Champions.

I manage to grab a selfie with the Albino bombshell at the side of the pitch with the crown on his head, Lampard looks over and orders me to bounce. I bounce as I look up at Mel with a great big smile on his face, he did it, we did it, bloody Champions. 

Mr tannoy man kicks in to life, reads out the full time results from across the league, he ends with "elsewhere Nottingham Forest 0-5 Grimsby Town, Nottingham Forest have been relegated to the Non League, The crowd erupts once more. Many babies will be conceived tonight.

Terrible hangover in the morning, can't even manage a single sausage this time, 9 months time I'm going to be a father. Oh f........

21 minutes ago, David said:

It's early May, the sun is shining, slight breeze in the air as I wake up just before 9am. It's Saturday, game day, we play Manchester City at home today, a win would see us lift the Premier League trophy. I feel a little sick, it's nerves, the missus brings me up a plate of sausages but I can only manage the two. 

I'm showered, pull on my Hughes 8 Derby County shirt, this could be the day that Will Hughes lifts the Premier League trophy.

Drop the dog off at the missus mums for the night, set the sat nav for Pride Park. 

We arrive at the Travel lodge around 1pm, gives me 2 hours to settle the nerves with a few pints.

I log on dcfcfans.uk whilst finishing off my 5th, B4 has created a topic, Champions. I wish he wouldn't but I'm with him, we're going to win this, Derby County Premier League Champions. Sounds good.

1,200 fans are online, I check the advert revenue, nobody has ad block on, I love our fans.

2.30pm I stagger towards the ground, purchase a programme, one to have framed and show the grandkids one day.

Enter the South Stand, fans are singing Since I was Young whilst drinking their pints, not launching them in the air. I go to the bar, can manage just one more, this week it's not been watered down and they've trusted us with a proper pint glass, not one of those plastic crap ones.

2.55pm Pride Park is rammed, excuse the pun. Not a seat spare as the players enter the pitch and the light reflects off Guardiola's shiny head, I snarl what a c.......as he goes to shake the hand of my manager, Mr Frank Lampard. 

I manage to grab a selfie with the Albino bombshell at the side of the pitch with the crown on his head, Lampard looks over and orders me to bounce. I bounce as I look up at Mel with a great big smile on his face, he did it, we did it, bloody Champions. 

Mr tannoy man kicks in to life, reads out the full time results from across the league, he ends with "elsewhere Nottingham Forest 0-5 Grimsby Town, Nottingham Forest have been relegated to the Non League, The crowd erupts once more. Many babies will be conceived tonight.

Terrible hangover in the morning, can't even manage a single sausage this time, 9 months time I'm going to be a father. Oh f........

This is your dream day? 

You could have lived in a mansion where you walk out the back door and you're in the stadium. Or you could have flew your helicopter to the game. Even worse, you still need a sat nav to get to Pride Park?

A hangover? how about having that new beer where you get absolutely smashed without the hangover? 

Your dream has ended with something you don't want to happen too.

4/10.

Just now, Smyth_18 said:

This is your dream day? 

You could have lived in a mansion where you walk out the back door and you're in the stadium. Or you could have flew your helicopter to the game. Even worse, you still need a sat nav to get to Pride Park?

A hangover? how about having that new beer where you get absolutely smashed without the hangover? 

Your dream has ended with something you don't want to happen too.

4/10.

You are free to have your own dreams with your mansion and pet goats, I like my dreams to be more realistic.

1 hour ago, DazaDunn said:

what’s your DCFC dream?

I hope our manager isn't reading this (if you are Frank, Hi, and keep up the good work ?)!!!  He says he wants to win things, and if Wes Morgan can win a Premier League medal I don't see why Richard Keogh can't.  He'd probably smash in the penalty that secures it as well! Nerves of steel that lad...

23 minutes ago, David said:

You are free to have your own dreams with your mansion and pet goats, I like my dreams to be more realistic.

I'm with @David, dreams should be acheiveable but just out of reach so by the time you're on your death bed you look back with bitterness and 'what ifs'. If they're too far fetched then you'll just say 'meh, was never going to happen'. I want to be bitter and full of regret, thank you very much.

Honestly have no interest in the Champions League. It's just a tv programme, for glory supporters, that I don't watch. I can't feel any meaningful rivalry with Munich or Barcelona. 

As a one off occasion, the 5-0 Deforestation was about as good as it gets. From the buildup in the Neptune, Smithfield and Alex, to the point when the third goal went in and I finally believed it was happening, and then the rest of the day as a delirious carnival where everyone you met was smiling.  

A day like that, but as an established prem side playing the most exciting football in the league, plus a cup win and a title. Obviously, I'd follow us through Europe if we got there, but the best dreams are closer to home for me. 

2 hours ago, David said:

uck its the wifes sisters too

I’m at the front of the East Stand and we’re playing Liverpool in the Premier League. It’s packed (obviously). We’re winning 1-0 and 90 mins are up. The ball goes out of play and it’s a Liverpool throw about 20 yards into their half. Van Dyke is rushing to get the ball. I jump over the advertising boards just as the ball reaches me. Van Dyke is steaming towards me. I throw a dummy and nutmeg him. The South Stand cheers. Van Dyke is now chasing me and Henderson is closing in with a “gonna kill you” look on his face. 

As Henderson dives in, I slip the ball past him to Marriott. He instantly flicks it on for Hughes who is 10 yards outside of the box to the left. I carry on with my run as Hughes volleys it beautifully into my path, about 25 yards out, left of centre of the box. I catch it cleanly and the ball flies past the Liverpool keeper’s despairing dive and in off the bar. 

The ground erupts. As I’m being led away by the stewards, the South Stand are singing “sign him on” as the final whistle blows. ?

I turn up to Pride Park and am in the Bar area when Frank runs in - "anyone here played centre half"

I sheepishly (no pun intended)  raise my hand

"Good what size boot are you ?"

"11"

"that's OK we got some of them, get down the dressing room will you"

But Frank, I have been drinking, I am nearly fifty and I am about 4 stone heavier than my playing days

"That doesn't matter, Come on !"

My name is announced during the warm up - there is an uneasy murmuring around pride park

Kick off and some guy takes me on I bring him down yellow card I think to myself this is terrible they are too quick for me. Still I start to adjust to the pace and things are improving when disaster Scotty rolls it out to me on the edge of the box and I stand on it falling over and their striker is through one - nil

The opposition fans sing you FB you FB (you get the drift.)

Half time comes and goes, some wise words of advice from Frank for me, I listen attentively like a kid just out of the academy.

Second half starts and pretty soon we equalise - Johnny Russell on the counter.  I jump on the pile on in the corner and hear the air whoosh out of a couple of them - whoops. "Johnny, What you doing here, I thought you were in the states?"

Johnny replies " I thought you of all people would know we are short, they roped me in "

Moments later Keogh is carried off injured, Huddlestone is moved back into the heart of defense. "Oh no we are really struggling for pace back here now" I tell him

"Cheeky B*st*rd" He replies, but he is grinning - I haven't offended him too much.

89th minute we get a corner  - Frank waves me up

The corner is floated in as I arrive - I do not break stride and rise like a salmon (not connor, a real one) and power a header into the top corner 2-1

Pride Park erupts even the west stand joining in "There's only one fat bas***d, one F*t B**tar*"

Afterwards in the bar some fit blonde is chatting to me, we slope off to a quiet corner and I wake up to the dog licking my face.

16 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

I turn up to Pride Park and am in the Bar area when Frank runs in - "anyone here played centre half"

I sheepishly (no pun intended)  raise my hand

"Good what size boot are you ?"

"11"

"that's OK we got some of them, get down the dressing room will you"

But Frank, I have been drinking, I am nearly fifty and I am about 4 stone heavier than my playing days

"That doesn't matter, Come on !"

My name is announced during the warm up - there is an uneasy murmuring around pride park

Kick off and some guy takes me on I bring him down yellow card I think to myself this is terrible they are too quick for me. Still I start to adjust to the pace and things are improving when disaster Scotty rolls it out to me on the edge of the box and I stand on it falling over and their striker is through one - nil

The opposition fans sing you FB you FB (you get the drift.)

Half time comes and goes, some wise words of advice from Frank for me, I listen attentively like a kid just out of the academy.

Second half starts and pretty soon we equalise - Johnny Russell on the counter.  I jump on the pile on in the corner and hear the air whoosh out of a couple of them - whoops. "Johnny, What you doing here, I thought you were in the states?"

Johnny replies " I thought you of all people would know we are short, they roped me in "

Moments later Keogh is carried off injured, Huddlestone is moved back into the heart of defense. "Oh no we are really struggling for pace back here now" I tell him

"Cheeky B*st*rd" He replies, but he is grinning - I haven't offended him too much.

89th minute we get a corner  - Frank waves me up

The corner is floated in as I arrive - I do not break stride and rise like a salmon (not connor, a real one) and power a header into the top corner 2-1

Pride Park erupts even the west stand joining in "There's only one fat bas***d, one F*t B**tar*"

Afterwards in the bar some fit blonde is chatting to me, we slope off to a quiet corner and I wake up to the dog licking my face.

Are you Kenny Burns?

Archived