Keogh: Always got a mist... world class bullet penalty in him.

wixman1884

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I was so pleased when Keogh and Forsyth penalty’s hit the net as it will stunt the usual blame them folk

actually forsyth has a really strong game 

Forsyth has got into some really good positions this season and a couple times last night, so wouldn’t be surprised to see him get some nice composed goals this season. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Im happy for him that he scored his peno and most of the game he did his job. But he has little lapses in concentration far too often. Lucky Lukaku is dogs**t

Wow, praise indeed.

8 hours ago, David said:

Couldn't watch Keogh’s penalty, sadly we all know how it would have gone had he missed, he wouldn’t have deserved that at all. 

Anyone else on that pitch misses for us and it’s full of praise for the team whilst questioning the stoppage time.

So pleased for him, will be bouncing into Moor Farm this morning.

My favourite bit were the shots after the Jones penalty of Keogh talking to Lampard with a shocked and bemused look on his face as if saying "Did I just score the winner? Did I just score a penalty? Did I just score with my feet?"

I gave it a really good "Keeeeeeeeeoooooooogggggghhhhh" in the pub after he scored - Chuffed to bits

7 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Loved Bryson's reaction after he scored his....presumably laughing with/at Granty.

Haha yeh I saw that too - A wry grin and a bit of a chuckle in Granty's direction 

51 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

My favourite bit were the shots after the Jones penalty of Keogh talking to Lampard with a shocked and bemused look on his face as if saying "Did I just score the winner? Did I just score a penalty? Did I just score with my feet?"

I gave it a really good "Keeeeeeeeeoooooooogggggghhhhh" in the pub after he scored - Chuffed to bits

Haha yeh I saw that too - A wry grin and a bit of a chuckle in Granty's direction 

I was imagining Keogh saying to him “ Boss! Boss! Did you see my penno, was you watching me ?!!! It was really really good, can I take another if we get one soon ? Pleeeeease boss! “

3 hours ago, jimbobram said:

It's all good praising, but are you telling me when you saw Keogh have a spaz out with the ball on 2 occasions you didn't think the same ?

Keogh for the most part is an absolute inspiration to those around him because he puts everything on the line every time he plays.. He doesn't have to be the greatest player in the world - he just has to try his guts out every time he plays, and that's good enough for me.

There are many who seem to think that players are not allowed to make mistakes, or if they do make one, they should carry it around with them around their neck like an albatross. A month or so ago, there was an otherwise quite restrained poster on here claiming that we have finally laid the ghost of Claude Davis, because (in their opinion) Tomori was "...the worst centre-half he had ever seen". That was because he made a couple of errors in the Leeds match, so of course there was no plus to counteract the minus (it was his first game).

Last night, Johnson misplaced a few passes and missed a tackle. Should we start picking on him again? Or how about Bogle? Caught in possession a couple of times - back to the U23s, perhaps? Or Mount, or even Wilson, maybe? Kept trying to take on too many United players. What an arrogant pair of show-ponies - a couple of weeks on the bench would do them the world of good - take them down a peg or two.

Obviously my previous paragraph was hyperbole, but there are some who almost seem to subscribe to that school of thought. A guy who sits behind me in the North Stand, for instance. We went a goal down to Brentford and Tomori may (or may not) have lost his marker for the Brentford goal, but for the next 15 minutes he was screaming "Get him off" every time he played the ball - and when he came charging forward in a Keogh-like barnstorming run, he was still criticised for "...not defending when he is supposed to be a defender".

Being hyper-critical is going to get in the way of my enjoyment, and I really don't want that, so my short answer to your question is 'No'. The long answer is 'Hell, no'. Life's too short to get worked up over mistakes.

40 minutes ago, eddie said:

Keogh for the most part is an absolute inspiration to those around him because he puts everything on the line every time he plays.. He doesn't have to be the greatest player in the world - he just has to try his guts out every time he plays, and that's good enough for me.

There are many who seem to think that players are not allowed to make mistakes, or if they do make one, they should carry it around with them around their neck like an albatross. A month or so ago, there was an otherwise quite restrained poster on here claiming that we have finally laid the ghost of Claude Davis, because (in their opinion) Tomori was "...the worst centre-half he had ever seen". That was because he made a couple of errors in the Leeds match, so of course there was no plus to counteract the minus (it was his first game).

Last night, Johnson misplaced a few passes and missed a tackle. Should we start picking on him again? Or how about Bogle? Caught in possession a couple of times - back to the U23s, perhaps? Or Mount, or even Wilson, maybe? Kept trying to take on too many United players. What an arrogant pair of show-ponies - a couple of weeks on the bench would do them the world of good - take them down a peg or two.

Obviously my previous paragraph was hyperbole, but there are some who almost seem to subscribe to that school of thought. A guy who sits behind me in the North Stand, for instance. We went a goal down to Brentford and Tomori may (or may not) have lost his marker for the Brentford goal, but for the next 15 minutes he was screaming "Get him off" every time he played the ball - and when he came charging forward in a Keogh-like barnstorming run, he was still criticised for "...not defending when he is supposed to be a defender".

Being hyper-critical is going to get in the way of my enjoyment, and I really don't want that, so my short answer to your question is 'No'. The long answer is 'Hell, no'. Life's too short to get worked up over mistakes.

Top quality post.

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

The most bizarre run up for a penalty ever!

i thought he was going to hit the corner flag ?

well done richard keogh!

When I saw where he was running up from, I did think that it had all the signs of a buggerup, took it well though.

50 minutes ago, bcnram said:

When I saw where he was running up from, I did think that it had all the signs of a buggerup, took it well though.

Just watched the pens again before I delete it off the planner. Here's a screenshot of Keogh's technique. I think we can all learn from this.

Screenshot_20180926-221919_Gallery.thumb.jpg.679140d65a0fcff59ebc6ead100b6369.jpg

How has he ended up standing on his kicking foot, with his standing foot kicking, a yard away from the penalty spot?

What a bizarre human. Worked superbly though.

12 hours ago, eddie said:

Agreed - Look already at the relationship that he's built up with Mount - Mount always looks for Keogh when he's scored and they always have a few words after - I bet Lampard asked Keogh to keep and eye on the lad while he's on loan and Mount seems to have embraced that

13 hours ago, eddie said:

I've been overly-critical of Tomori - Mainly I'm bitter about the fact he's going to be a really excellent defender in 3-4 years time - When we're probably going to have to play against him! On Tuesday he really needed to stick it in the stand when he made that clearance at the end - But instead gave the ball to their fullback who crossed for Feillani - On the other hand he'd had a good game, he plays the ball well, moved himself out of trouble a couple of times with a deft shoulder-drop and it's lovely to see us with another CB who can run with the ball and make passes higher up the pitch - Give him 3-4 years to cut the mistakes down and he's going to be an absolute force

To be Fair I was worried Wilson would miss cos he had just had cramp

I stand up thinking Jozefzoon has not had enough touches

Ahhhhh Bryson on number 6 - we are now into those who are technically good enough but really do not fancy it... nail biting starts

Then Forsyth omg I am pacing around

Keogh I squat hands on head convinced he is going miss

Then Phil Jones walks up , breath, return to the sofa, look at the wife and say "it is alright we have got this"

15 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Agreed - Look already at the relationship that he's built up with Mount - Mount always looks for Keogh when he's scored and they always have a few words after - I bet Lampard asked Keogh to keep and eye on the lad while he's on loan and Mount seems to have embraced that

I've been overly-critical of Tomori - Mainly I'm bitter about the fact he's going to be a really excellent defender in 3-4 years time - When we're probably going to have to play against him! On Tuesday he really needed to stick it in the stand when he made that clearance at the end - But instead gave the ball to their fullback who crossed for Feillani - On the other hand he'd had a good game, he plays the ball well, moved himself out of trouble a couple of times with a deft shoulder-drop and it's lovely to see us with another CB who can run with the ball and make passes higher up the pitch - Give him 3-4 years to cut the mistakes down and he's going to be an absolute force

I agree, Mount even did a little high knees co-ordinated dance with Keogh after his Brentford goal!  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived