Bryso

valleyram

Everyone on here knows my connection with craig but maybe now even at his age the doubters will see why  warnock took him to Cardiff last season , he’s maybe 31 but I will be amazed if he doesn’t play professional football at some level when he’s 40 , the engine when he’s fully fit is incredible and reading Lampard today saying he’s been fantastic all season doesn’t seem to be the census of opinion on here for some reason ,I don’t know what derby fans want and granted he’s no the wow footballer fans love but every team Needs a craig Bryson and with mount beside him it augurs well for the rest of the season , also I know his contract Is running down and would be amazed if derby don’t try and keep him at the ipro as im Sure there will be a lot of teams watching very closely at what happens over the next couple of months 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Everyone on here knows my connection with craig but maybe now even at his age the doubters will see why  warnock took him to Cardiff last season , he’s maybe 31 but I will be amazed if he doesn’t play professional football at some level when he’s 40 , the engine when he’s fully fit is incredible and reading Lampard today saying he’s been fantastic all season doesn’t seem to be the census of opinion on here for some reason ,I don’t know what derby fans want and granted he’s no the wow footballer fans love but every team Needs a craig Bryson and with mount beside him it augurs well for the rest of the season , also I know his contract Is running down and would be amazed if derby don’t try and keep him at the ipro as im Sure there will be a lot of teams watching very closely at what happens over the next couple of months 

Doubt he'll be playing at the Ipro, wherever that may be.

Craig Bryson, always gives his all, his engine is fantastic, we love him, he loves us, and I am sure that Frank will want him at the club, I am sure he will be offered a two year deal just before Christmas, he is a great example to all the younger lads coming through at Derby , and will go down in Derby history for want he has done for our club, will never forget that hat trick he got against the red dogs, that will stay with every Derby fan for the rest of there lives.

7 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Craig Bryson, always gives his all, his engine is fantastic, we love him, he loves us, and I am sure that Frank will want him at the club, I am sure he will be offered a two year deal just before Christmas, he is a great example to all the younger lads coming through at Derby , and will go down in Derby history for want he has done for our club, will never forget that hat trick he got against the red dogs, that will stay with every Derby fan for the rest of there lives.

Ur right he loves playing for derby county and he would love to get promotion with the rams 

People talk about having the balance right in a team. Most think it is senior professionals with a mix of youngsters. FL has got this right but better still he's already alluded to the fact you need players that love the club and with Bryson and Keogh he has that. At Chelsea the lampard/Terry effect must have been infectious and I believe that is the same here having Bryson/Keogh in that dressing room. 

Will always have time for Bryson and on Saturday he was excellent,  that said so we're the rest.

40 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Never doubted him, his ability or his legs myself but I did doubt whether we would play a system that suited him.

The time I saw him playing deep in front of the back 4 alongside Hughes at Burton left me so frustrated; a total waste of two obviously talented players. No surprise now with a system that sees us pressing higher up the pitch and Bryso being further forward with Johnson an increasingly effective anchor, that he like Mount is starting to shine; specially as noted I don’t think his game fitness was quite where it needed to be first few matches. Maybe he will need the odd rest as he gets older, maybe not.

Now though, even at 31, whilst he’s got that engine, in this team, playing our current system, I expect him to gain more plaudits. Say it again, play people in their more natural positions they tend to shine, funny that! 

Craig Bryson is a Ram and still a bloody good one.

5 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Never doubted him, his ability or his legs myself but I did doubt whether we would play a system that suited him.

The time I saw him playing deep in front of the back 4 alongside Hughes at Burton left me so frustrated; a total waste of two obviously talented players. No surprise now with a system that sees us pressing higher up the pitch and Bryso being further forward with Johnson an increasingly effective anchor, that he like Mount is starting to shine; specially as noted I don’t think his game fitness was quite where it needed to be first few matches. Maybe he will need the odd rest as he gets older, maybe not.

Now though, even at 31, whilst he’s got that engine, in this team, playing our current system, I expect him to gain more plaudits. Say it again, play people in their more natural positions they tend to shine, funny that! 

Craig Bryson is a Ram and still a bloody good one.

Easy game made difficult with coaches trying to make guys what they will never be 

Neither Bryson nor Forsyth were expected to figure in Lampard's plans before the team went off to the Canary's preseason. It's a tribute to the two players (and the boss) that they're both in the starting 11 and doing so well. 

Loved loved loved Bryson playing Wilson in for the first goal on Saturday, putting the team first to be almost certain of the goal. 

45 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Craig has been a star ever since he arrived. He always gives 100%. We might have even beaten qpr at wembley if he had played from the start. There are plenty of highlights including hat-tricks at millwall and v forest. 

Bryson suffered the same fate as will hughes when we employed a total berk of a manager who thought that both players were too small. Mason mount and harry wilson are hardly giants but - as willie carlin said in his ramstv interview - football is played on the deck and you don't have to be six foot two. Growett destroyed our midfield and its taking time to rebuild it, but at least Frank made retaining bryson one of his first priorities. Craig was back to his best v brentford. At 31 he might not score as many goals but he still has a vital role to play. We haven't got anyone else who can play his role. 

It was great when the crowd responded to him v forest at home last season when he was pictured sitting next to jake buxton. The majority of fans appreciate craig and that showed it. Ever since paul jewell slagged off tito villa for running around like a headless chicken, that has been an insult to be thrown about quite stupidly. Was Dean Saunders a headless chicken? Was Archie Gemmill a headless chicken? Players who can run, harry, and press, and offer support are appreciated now that pressing is back in vogue.

There's no reason why craig shouldn't give us another year or two. I'm pleased we didn't lose him to colin. 

All the more credit to frank.

cheers craig ?

Archived