The Championship 18/19

Day

The one at OT was much better IMO.

Is it just me that thinks the keeper should do better? He just completely loses flight of it. It's a metre in from the post, no where near the corner. If the keeper gets done over the wall in the corner fair enough but not on his standing side when its not that precise. 

Good hit nonetheless. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

The one at OT was much better IMO.

Is it just me that thinks the keeper should do better? He just completely loses flight of it. It's a metre in from the post, no where near the corner. If the keeper gets done over the wall in the corner fair enough but not on his standing side when its not that precise. 

Good hit nonetheless. 

Both keepers were rooted by the quality of the strikes. Both top keepers too 

9 hours ago, angieram said:

At least we aren't playing the top of the table tomorrow now!

If Middlesbrough are what it takes to win promotion,  I would rather we carry on as we are and finish eighth.  

Saw the resultt come through Angieram but no details or match reports.

Was it an utter stinker? A masterclass of Pulis-ball?  ?

19 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Saw the resultt come through Angieram but no details or match reports.

Was it an utter stinker? A masterclass of Pulis-ball?  ?

The latter, I would say.

Middlesbrough are physical, cynical, manipulative, very good - if you like that sort of thing. They know every trick in the book and make sure they use them. Scored one good goal, one gift from the Wendies who just kept getting shrugged off the ball. 

Reach scored a good goal to put them back in it but it came a bit too late.

Ayala should have been sent off for arming a player in the face but Sky said because it was a forearm not an elbow a yellow would have been sufficient!  

I fear for our young lads up against them unless we can run round them and catch them on the break. We did it last year at their place so who knows? 

6 hours ago, angieram said:

The latter, I would say.

Middlesbrough are physical, cynical, manipulative, very good - if you like that sort of thing. They know every trick in the book and make sure they use them. Scored one good goal, one gift from the Wendies who just kept getting shrugged off the ball. 

Reach scored a good goal to put them back in it but it came a bit too late.

Ayala should have been sent off for arming a player in the face but Sky said because it was a forearm not an elbow a yellow would have been sufficient!  

I fear for our young lads up against them unless we can run round them and catch them on the break. We did it last year at their place so who knows? 

The thought of that sort of style being successful is depressing. 

Ironically we got our best win there for yonks under Snakey whose style also left a lot to be desired and was found wanting in the end. He wasnt cynical and dirty tho. Let's hope the same thing happens to pulis-ball though I do fear for our gallant lads.

Oh well - as curtains would say "Bobby Davison - he scored a few in the 80s " ?

6 minutes ago, 61GT said:

If Carling did great Saturday Final Scores today would come pretty close.

Thought Leeds we’re going to walk this league - according to some.

Stoke and Forest ???

Don’t slip up this evening Derby

COYR

Isn’t this just absolutely primer Derby County though, a chance to go fifth tonight with a win, Stoke, forest and Leeds losing. 

Its got a Sheff Utd win all over it 

Archived