v Blackburn Rovers (H) Match Thread

Boycie

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, David said:

Sky Sports include blocked shots which tells a better story if you're going on stats alone.

22 Shots
3 On target
11 Off target
8 Blocked

A better story, but the shooting was still poor imo. 

Some of the off-target shots represent pointless shots when there were much better options available and thats really the most frustrating.

I didn't feel like anyone had any glaring misses, in fairness. But many of the blocked shots were players snatching at loose balls in the box, a tiny bit of composure in those situations goes a long way.

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Or rather you were hoping Bryson was completely anonymous, correct ? Afraid  you’re going to be disappointed. 

He won’t be disappointed, I thought exactly the same 

frustrating, just looked like it wasnt going to happen for us to be honest from about 70min onwards. thought we looked a bit slow nearer the end - brys, fozzy and nuge looked like theyd lost a few yards by the end of it. mount maybe could have/should have had a goal and was unlucky not to have scored on that FK. BJ looked like he lacked confidence with his attempts at goal. i think apart from a couple of lapses, the defence looked pretty good and carson the same.

bennet and bogle looked good again. cant see how c davies will get back in the team when back fit. subs probably didnt make the impact that frank would have wanted.

not a terrible performance and quite an entertaining game in the end, even if it was 0-0. a bit of a missed opportunity in terms of league position but on we go. coyr

Good performance but faded after 65 mins. Johnson had a really good first half, but we lost control of the game as he lost his grip on the midfield. 

We are clearly lacking at CF, Nuge is a good option but he struggles after 50 mins, maybe Marriott is the answer in the long term but he needs games. 

Everyone played well, Jozefzoon was the least affective but didn't play badly.

Just got to be more clinical in the attacking third!

It's more frustration than disappointment for me. It was very much like a Mac team performance.. the away team coming to park the bus and play long ball/feed off scraps, while we looked really good at times with the ball but just didn't have enough composure in scoring opportunities. Still, a clean sheet.. we didn't lose..and we played well overall. 

Hopefully Saturday will be more of an open game which is better for us.

8 games into the season, we have played 4 of the bottom 5 and only 1 team that will end up in the top half at the end of the season. Thr one decent team we played totally blew us off the park... and we are 8th...god help us when we have to actually play some of the good sides in this league. 

Played well, just the decision making killed us tonight, from shooting, or making one more pass, to giving silly free kicks away...... it’ll come, I can see a good side there. Still very early days. Lawerence my MOM 

We were never going to score from minute 1 - if you go into a match with Bryson & Johnson in midfield you are doomed. Neither can pass water let alone a football. Until Lampard realises that midfield players have to be able pass to other players we aren’t going anywhere in a hurry. All both do is run around & give the ball away or dwell on it so long by the time they pass to another white shirt all momentum is lost.

Until Johnson, Butterfield, Bryson, Huddlestone & Ledley are all moved on at the end of the season in favour of players who can play the Lampard way we just don’t move the ball quickly enough in midfield or from the back 4 to give our forward players the time or space to break teams down. It was the same at Rotherham at the weekend & same tonight.

I’m even at a loss to say who would make a difference right now as I don’t think we have a midfielder at the club who can combine passing & athletic ability - those who can pass cant run & those who can run can’t pass! Think we’ve had the Lampard honeymoon period & a long hard winter keeping above the bottom 3 lies ahead. Brentford are going to slaughter us at the weekend - we wont get the ball back.........

Absolutely baffled by the negativity on the radio from the texts and tweets. 

Honestly we’ve played well there. 

Much better than a late winner v reading that papered over a poor performance. 

Can we improve our decision making and finishing for Saturday? Biggest test yet! 

Has to be said, that was an improvement on Sat. Also has to be said, anyone expecting us to be top of this league while Frank learns his craft, and he tries to find a blend of youth and experience is deluded. For me I'm happy to watch this, it's proper football to me, not the pay per view of 100 million pound players. It's intriguing and I think Frank and Jody will get it right in time, as glimpses here and there show ?

C'mon Frank, onwards and upwards 

Archived