loweman2

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2018 at 08:45, loweman2 said:

1979 attendances 

471C0787-81E4-4D22-B467-E272EBCEA3DB.jpeg

We were still in the first division in 1979, we got relegated in 1979/80 season. Remember the slogan "we'll be back in 81"?

Scary to think that was nearly 40 years ago. 

Looking at Cambridge United's highest attendance, I'd be surprised if it weren't against us. There was officially 3,000 Derby there for the first game of the season but you can probably add a few hundred extra to that with many jumping the turnstiles and plenty in home areas.

7 hours ago, ram59 said:

We were still in the first division in 1979, we got relegated in 1979/80 season. Remember the slogan "we'll be back in 81"?

Remember the slogan?  I still wear the yellow tee shirt!

Norwich away... best relegation day ever!   

9 hours ago, ram59 said:

I surely do remember that slogan. Wildly inaccurate as most are.

may as well start a new one now....”Champions League in ‘23.....la la laaah laaaah”.  ?

On 22/09/2018 at 00:01, gfs1ram said:

That's exactly it.  Getting there for 1 o/c on a Saturday when the turnstiles opened. Standing front row, middle, next to that post under the clock having walked from Chester Green with my friend Robin.

It was easier to get front row standing in 1966. Still managed to get a seat there though when they put seating in.

Can still see Hector and O'Hare bearing down 2 on 1 on Lawrence (I think) the Liverpool goalkeeper to make it 4 - 0 !!

Great days..

Relive your memories of that Liverpool game here on about 32 minutes and yes it was Lawrence in goal.

59 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Relive your memories of that Liverpool game here on about 32 minutes and yes it was Lawrence in goal.

A big thank you for that Eatonram. Yes it is the last goal 33 mins in that I remember so vividly.

I was right behind that in the Ossie End,

Great days. Great memories.  A BIG THANK YOU once again..

Made my day that. Only need the Rams to beat Chelsea now tonight !!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived