Memories @ramtique

loweman2

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, mozza said:

This was my first view of the place, 'kids corner' in 68/69 season, don't remember the Ley Stand being built then tho, what year did that get built?

That's a view from the Ossie End. Boy's pen was in the Normo End.

You're right about the Ley Stand though, that was still a couple of years away

44 minutes ago, mozza said:

I beg to differ @Grimbeard and @uttoxram75 surely that pic is taken from the Normanton end with the Popside to the left under the Ley Stand and ossie end in distance? Help me out @King Kevin 

I think a bit of mid age confusion is creeping in, ossie End had the clock, pop side was to the left, looking from Normanton End popside was on the right, come on you know that ?

39 minutes ago, mozza said:

I beg to differ @Grimbeard and @uttoxram75 surely that pic is taken from the Normanton end with the Popside to the left under the Ley Stand and ossie end in distance? Help me out @King Kevin 

Sorry mozza, but the picture was taken from just below the large half time score board between the Ossie Stand and the Ley Stand,as @Grimbeardand @uttoxram75indicate.

Unless of course they moved it after I finished using it to go to the Popside c 1955...…! 

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Mozza, loweman2 is  right from Normanton end Popside on the right Main Stand on the left .The clock was indeed at the Ossie end .

3 hours ago, mozza said:

Apologies @Grimbeard and @uttoxram75,  totally lost my bearings there,  gonna watch the darts now.. 

That view is etched in my memory mozza. The away fans in the mid 70's were in the Colombo part of the Popside and the Derby lads in the Ossie were segregated from them by a single fence. There were many exchanges of pleasantries between the two in those days.

32 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

That view is etched in my memory mozza. The away fans in the mid 70's were in the Colombo part of the Popside and the Derby lads in the Ossie were segregated from them by a single fence. There were many exchanges of pleasantries between the two in those days.

Plus the season ticket holders pen on the Popside, which was between the baying hounds of Derby fans and the away fans. I spent a few seasons in there, thinking now I don't know what was going through my head standing in the middle of two blood thirsty sets of fans in the mid eighties early nineties!

On 21/09/2018 at 20:51, loweman2 said:

AA0B95D0-2897-4326-BF9C-05049CF72319.jpeg

7B7BEFDE-A6B2-481E-8CD8-9FC4BD562512.jpeg

04228F29-B6B5-4D65-9626-7D4937CE0925.jpeg

Stood on that raised section of the Popside terrace, shown in the second picture, for a couple of season after the Ley Stand was built.

In later years moved to the middle of the Popside. Usually tried to stand to one side of one of the support columns holding up the stand.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I don't mind admitting, we'd all but got promoted when I was in the Boys pen, so only saw about the last 4 home games from there. 69/70 season onwards i became Popsider till mid -80s, then moved behind Tosh in the Ley Stand.

Archived