Non alcoholic beverages

dog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

You don't like Assam?

No. It tastes like air freshener.*

I drink tea only when my brain has been fried to the point of nausea by the coffee freshly ground by my mahoosive delonghi coffee machine which takes up half my kitchen and cost about the same as my car. It's the most important thing in my life bar my children and dog(ish).

*no idea what Assam tastes like.

40 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Tea has to be Assam, but Douwe Egberts instant does for coffee at home. People who have those stupid little machines in their kitchen piss me off. 

Absolutely spectacularly spot on.  So much so, that I'm willing to forgive your fondness for coconut.  Temporarily.

45 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I think history will judge coffee machines in the same way it has teasmaids, soda streams, or having a row of optics in your living room. 

Philistine! I can't function without proper coffee. Instant coffee is grim. Went through a phase of drinking so much freshly brewed coffee that when I got Campylobacter (and was effectively nil by mouth for 3 days) I got a raging headache to boot that no painkiller could put a dent in. After 3 days my GF had a hunch what it was and made me a coffee and lo and behold, I'd not got halfway through an espresso before the headache vanished. Clucking for coffee is a real thing folks! 

27 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Philistine! I can't function without proper coffee. Instant coffee is grim.

I'm not against proper coffee, in fact I love it and drink loads, but it's a social going out thing. Doing at home is like having a bar in your house, it's completely missing the point.

If I'm having coffee at home, I don't want to faff about just so I can pretend I'm in Italy; couple of spoons in a mug, milk, water, done. I'm not Gareth Hunt. 

Agree that caffeine is the worst legal drug to give up, much more so than nicotine or alcohol. 

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Its got to be loose leaf tea, brewed for a minimum of four minutes. 

1 hour ago, Highgate said:

Absolutely spectacularly spot on. 

Twinings loose leaf Assam, and it has to be a 1950s Picquot Ware teapot. 

I even have a spare one, still in the box, that's never been used. 

9 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Fever Tree is a revelation. I like the elderflower one with Tanqueray, Hendricks, GB or Seadog, but it's nice on its own. 

Also drink milk, fresh orange or apple juice, and occasionally ribena. Some of the Innocent smoothies are nice, but I tend to dilute them with milk. There's a berry one that makes a good milkshake.

Tea has to be Assam, but Douwe Egberts instant does for coffee at home. People who have those stupid little machines in their kitchen piss me off. 

If I'm in a pub and not drinking I'll probably have a pint of soda water with plenty of ice and lemon. It's free, it's not full of sugar and it lasts longer than twelve seconds. 

Agree with all the comments about artificial sweeteners; completely horrible. 

I have a baby Gaggia coffee machine and have espresso every morning and evening made with proper Illy ground coffee. 

Its not stupid, it makes great coffee. I’ve had one for 20 years 

Coffee: Bean-to-cup machine at home with Lavazza coffee beans on timer for when I get up. Taylors coffee bags aren't bad, so have one of those when I get to work. Rest of the day I drink tea. Lots of tea.

Tea: Yorkshire Gold teabags. Strong. No sugar & just a drop of milk

Otherwise: Caffeine free Diet Coke & Water (but must be fridge-cold)

Although I drink more tea than coffee, when I go anywhere with work or someone's house, I always ask for coffee because it's harder to get it wrong. I really can't stand milky tea.

14 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Twinings loose leaf Assam, and it has to be a 1950s Picquot Ware teapot. 

I even have a spare one, still in the box, that's never been used. 

Twinings Assam is lovely, although a tea bag in a mug will do me fine.  Teapots seem like unnecessary middlemen to me. 

Archived