v Hull City (A) Match Thread

Derby blood

1 hour ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Id rather him play a ball in the channel for jozefoon or nugent to chase and win a throw or corner not just hoof and hope but a ball over the top for someone to chase.

That’s fine saying that sat at a keyboard but in a match you need a runner or someone in space to make a meaningful pass - if there’s no movement he’s stuffed

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

He was very good, but someone needs to sit him down and teach him how to say Jozefzoon. I think he pronounced it differently every time he said, and not once did he actually say it right. 

My Dutch mate says "Yosefson".

5 hours ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Not sure I agree. So many times in recent years we have gone into an international break on the back of a disappointing result. Now Frank and Jody can have most of the (relatively new) squad together for a fortnight to work them to the bone, obsess on tactics and start focusing on the autos. By the time they come back in a fortnight, hopefully with Bogle and Davies back in contention, it’ll be like releasing a pack of starved dogs.

Well that would be a nice change .often after the international break we seem to shamble around like a pack of hibernating bears....?

9 hours ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

No the most important thing for a defender is and always will be defending huddlestone's job is to play make not your centre back other wise we would play Huddlestone centre back.

It depends on how the manager wants the team to play. Davies is a great defender in terms of stopping attacks and getting the ball away but our new style is expecting defenders to also demonstrate distribution, control, vision, being available for a pass and he is not so good in these departments. IMO of course...

45 minutes ago, Ramsam said:

It depends on how the manager wants the team to play. Davies is a great defender in terms of stopping attacks and getting the ball away but our new style is expecting defenders to also demonstrate distribution, control, vision, being available for a pass and he is not so good in these departments. IMO of course...

first rule of defending is defend first

Good win Yesterday. Not the best performance but 3 points is 3 points. There are 2 areas I think we need to change after the international break.....

1. Striker- Nugent is not good enough anymore, he is coming to the end of his career and mean while we have Waghorn and Marriott waiting in the wings to play that position. Yesterday Nugent was tired after 65 mins, what good does that do for the team. We've baught these players in for lots of money and we need to give them game time.

2. Bryson needs to be dropped for Huddlestone, we failed to get on the ball yesterday and Huddlestone would of helped that. I like Johnson and Mount playing with each other as Johnson can attack and defend 

Lost track of this thread about 10 pages ago, so this may have already been mentioned. But I just saw franks post match interview. 

I love the love in for Mason Bennett. I bet it wasn’t long ago that he thought someone like 100 caps Frank Lampard would never have even heard of him, and never would, and now all of a sudden champions league winner Frank Lampard is his boss, and professing his undying love for him. That must be a real dream come true for a young footballer. 

15 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Scoring last minute winners + winning when not at best + big squad with healthy competition + new signings settling in quickly and playing well + sensible manager talking sense + in touch with the leaders early in the season = we are in a great position 

Amazing what 11 days can do for you isn't it. 

On 21/08/2018 at 22:23, BobbyD said:

I’m sorry but that was just awful 

Dreadful football 

Embarrassingly poor 

Will always want Rams to win 

But I don’t intend spending my hard earned leisure time and money doing that again anytime soon .  And I’m a season ticket holder....

10 hours ago, rynny said:

Amazing what 11 days can do for you isn't it. 

Couldnt agree more 

When i see progress and improvement i tend to give it credit . What do you do ?

( that is when you arent spending your very busy social life trawling through historical posts on an internet forum trying to catch people out. Are you quite happy that that is appropriate behaviour, by the way ? Strikes me as a very strange thing to do . Still, whatever makes you happy, i suppose )

31 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Couldnt agree more 

When i see progress and improvement i tend to give it credit . What do you do ?

( that is when you arent spending your very busy social life trawling through historical posts on an internet forum trying to catch people out. Are you quite happy that that is appropriate behaviour, by the way ? Strikes me as a very strange thing to do . Still, whatever makes you happy, i suppose )

Well seeing as I responded to the post after Ipswich game, and the fact it was 11 days ago meant I didn't have to go trawling through the forum to find it.

For me the improvement has been evident since Rowett slithered off and Lampard walked into his first press conference.

What I don't do is label a win as embarrassingly poor, claim that I don't want to go to another game this season, after the 2nd home game, when we are in transition into a team that likes to play actual football from the percentage hoofball rubbish we played last season. 

Carson .. 7 .. did everything expected of him, but not his busiest afternoon ..                  

Wisdom ..  3 .. incapable of receiving the ball and passing it forward if there’s an opposing player within ten feet of him. Becoming a liability. We should make a bid for the return of Cyrus Christie, who would flourish in this team and style ..                        

Keogh .. 8 .. some great tackles, won nearly every header and brought the ball out of defence creatively on numerous occasions ..                

Tomori .. 6 .. won headers and tackles, but distribution and positioning still leaves a lot to be desired .. 

Malone .. 6 .. decent enough game, but jury still out on whether he’s a better option than Forsyth .. 

Johnson .. 7 .. puzzled as to why Huddlestone didn’t start as he’s our best CDM (not far ahead of a fully fit Thorne though), but BJ put in a sterling performance nonetheless, winning headers, tackles and not many misplaced passes either .. 

Bryson .. 5 .. as usual, running, commitment, but not really enough of a contribution to the midfield cause to secure a regular place ahead of other midfield options .. 

Mount .. 8 .. another excellent performance, a real nuisance for opposing defenders, and a contrast achievement-wise with Bryson’s midfield contribution .. 

Waghorn .. 6 .. a combative performance, not appreciated by the Hull fans sat around me, but we haven’t seen enough of him to assess his future value .. 

Nugent .. 6 .. energetic running and some momentary quality, but not fit enough any more to last long enough to make a lasting contribution .. 

Josefzoon .. 8 .. at last a genuine winger, capable of taking on his full back and delivering a quality cross. Busy, doesn’t shirk his defensive responsibilities and reads the game well in addition to his dribbling skills .. 

Subs .. Lawrence, Forsyth, Bennett .. positive contributions from all three. 

2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Just finished watching it.

Far from convincing, should’ve probably been out of sight at half-time though.

Our defence is still a bit of worry and a better side would’ve made us pay second half.

Think our defence will look a lot better when Davis returns, also think Forsyth, is a better defender than Malone, so get those two back in the starting 11, then our defence looks very strong at this level.

On 01/09/2018 at 21:43, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I'd agree with everyone apart from Keogh playing well and being barely noticeable, Keogh won some headers and made some blocks and did his part defensively but he was very poor on the ball as usual, with him taking 10 seconds just to make a simple pass and then most of the time he screwed up when trying a long pass and in general did something to sabotage our play every time he got the ball either too slow or gives it away , or back to Carson . He wasn't bad I'd give him a 7 out of 10 for not making many mistakes in defence and winning some good headers but I think davies and tomori should be our first choice partnership in the coming games.

On 01/09/2018 at 22:49, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

No the most important thing for a defender is and always will be defending huddlestone's job is to play make not your centre back other wise we would play Huddlestone centre back.

Now make your mind up.

11 hours ago, StringerBell said:

He's probably correct. But to paraphrase the new trailer for The Predator "Well we took a vote, Jozefzoons cooler, right?"

"duck yeah"

Fair enough, Springer Boil.

9 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

Now make your mind up.

The most important thing for a defender is defending but Keogh isn't that good on the ball and is n't as good at defending as Davies so I can't understand people saying they would rather Keogh play over Davies, I 'd play a partnership of davies and tomori against Rotherham just to see how they play together as you would have the pace and ball playing ability of tomori with the solid defending of davies making a good partnership. But I reckon Lampard will play Keogh no matter how he plays becuause he is a senior figure in the team and is more experienced than tomori.

Archived