International Rams 18/19

Day

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Came through Exeter’s academy played well above his age group, produced Ollie Watkins also. Think City got about 2.3 million for him at tribunal, can he break into Chelski s first team ?

I actually thought this was the possible last loan signing Frank alluded to before the window closed. That said, I think Tomori would make a cracking CDM if Curtis and Tricky end up being favoured at CB as I can't see Huddz playing every game.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I actually thought this was the possible last loan signing Frank alluded to before the window closed. That said, I think Tomori would make a cracking CDM if Curtis and Tricky end up being favoured at CB as I can't see Huddz playing every game.

Said on Sky that we tried to get him on a season loan, but Chelsea wouldn't play ball.

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Like the look of Tom Lawrence oozing confidence, got to be worth at least 12m on current form.

Really haven't been Lawrence's biggest fan, but was just about to say how very impressive he's looked tonight. Then he just saw the net bulge in his head and managed a complete airshot in his excitement(!), but nonetheless it's been a very good performance. 

And though it seems easy for Wales, that's partly due to Tom taking his chance and bagging the crucial first goal to open the game up. Well played young man. 

On 03/09/2018 at 15:50, MuespachRam said:

Incredible achievement by him, for someone who can’t actuakly kick a football. Fair play to him....

There was stats put out by Derbyshire live that only Bannan from Sheff wed had made more passes in the Championship. Not bad for a player who can't kick a ball

16 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

There was stats put out by Derbyshire live that only Bannan from Sheff wed had made more passes in the Championship. Not bad for a player who can't kick a ball

I 'm not having a dig at Keogh but that stat is nothing to be proud of more something to be concerned about , Hopefully when Huddlestone comes back in he gets on the ball and dictates the play.

2 hours ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I 'm not having a dig at Keogh but that stat is nothing to be proud of more something to be concerned about , Hopefully when Huddlestone comes back in he gets on the ball and dictates the play.

It's a stat shows that Keogh can pass which is where this micro-debate began. I'd say from his perspective it's absolutely something to be proud of, whilst also acknowledging your point that it would have been better from a team perspective if it were one of the midfielders. It was not his fault that to all intents and purposes, we played without a midfield for large chunks of last season. The fact remains, however, that the recent resurgence of Keogh bashers on the forum look as daft as they ever did given his recent performances. Form is temporary etc, etc....

7 hours ago, LB_DCFC said:

Mount on the bench for the u21s. Onomah starts ahead of him and Tom davies of Everton which I find quite strange. Tomori not in 18 man squad for game. Better for us I guess, playing less games, though I would've liked to see them play

Let's hope Tomori isn't injured?

9 hours ago, 86 points said:

It's a stat shows that Keogh can pass which is where this micro-debate began. I'd say from his perspective it's absolutely something to be proud of, whilst also acknowledging your point that it would have been better from a team perspective if it were one of the midfielders. It was not his fault that to all intents and purposes, we played without a midfield for large chunks of last season. The fact remains, however, that the recent resurgence of Keogh bashers on the forum look as daft as they ever did given his recent performances. Form is temporary etc, etc....

amount of passes does not = quality of passes or time taken to pass, passing stats don't tell the bigger picture as I remember a few years ago mertesaker  had one of the best pass accuracy stats in the prem because he passed it 10 yards side ways most times he got the ball.

Lawrence played well last night in what was a talented and fluid front 3, Bale obviously, but the lad Brooks looked good too.

it all depends on what you want your front 3 to do. If you want the wide players to beat players and get crosses in, Lawrence isn’t the man for the job. He’s good work mostly happens through the middle. He probably doesn’t have the all round game to start as the number 9, but it’s something that could be worked on as a possible long term replacement for Nugent.

7 hours ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

amount of passes does not = quality of passes or time taken to pass, passing stats don't tell the bigger picture as I remember a few years ago mertesaker  had one of the best pass accuracy stats in the prem because he passed it 10 yards side ways most times he got the ball.

Never mind...

18 hours ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Yes, but somebody's got to pass it to Huddlestone! 

On topic, Ireland might have defended a bit better with Keogh in their side.

No poll on twitter with Mount in it will avoid getting hijacked by Chelsea fans.

Obviously, in this poll that fact less relevant because he has probably been our best player, but it makes most polls with him involved pretty pointless.

Archived