International Rams 18/19

David

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I'd expect Lawrence and Ledley to be in the wales squad as well,  be interesting to see Keogh play vs Lawrence and Ledley  when wales play Ireland in the nations league. Keogh vs lewandoski will also be an interesting one as well.

I would not get too excited pal I cannot see him making the final squad looking at the other defenders.

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

I would not get too excited pal I cannot see him making the final squad looking at the other defenders.

Duffy, Keogh, Clark, Long, Egan and Lenihan?

Duffy is likely to be first choice, and as a right sided CB for Brighton (in great form) he’s going to be a starter. Keogh’s still the 2nd best CB from that list though. 

29 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Wilson, Ledley and Lawrence, all in the provisional squad. 

Whatever happened to putting the player's clubs in brackets after their names so we could trumpet three in the squad, and compare that with others? This is why modern football is rubbish. 

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Can’t believe that’s mounts first call up after the season he had last year! Congrats to both him and tomori

Shows the English bias against calling up players from non UK leagues, this is exactly how a second tier side like Derby can beat German top tier teams etc to English players. Wouldn't surprise me if his form has alerted the management at Chelsea as a possible squad player for them too. 

23 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Shows the English bias against calling up players from non UK leagues, this is exactly how a second tier side like Derby can beat German top tier teams etc to English players. Wouldn't surprise me if his form has alerted the management at Chelsea as a possible squad player for them too. 

Not sure what you're talking about. He captained the England u19s last year, and only really did anything at Vitesse after Christmas. Didn't give himself many squads to actually get called up to.

On 03/09/2018 at 15:50, MuespachRam said:

Incredible achievement by him, for someone who can’t actuakly kick a football. Fair play to him....

Yeh - I'm sure Martin O'Neill knows considerably less about football than you do - Probably keeps selecting Keogh by accident ?

Archived