Best start in seven years

Derbados

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

If our start illustartes anything it is this... Draws in the Championship are bad results. They’re overrated and too many draws will cost you down the road.

True statement, even though I don't like to see us lose. If we had 3 matches and drew all three=3 points. If we drew one, lost one and won one= 4 points. Or take our last three league matches, lost one and won two= 6 points

I don't know if it has been mentioned but its worth pointing out that the 2011-12 start 7 years ago, of winning our first 4 games, resulted in us finishing 12th.

It's a decent start to this season, but lets not pretend it means anything.

Its not meaningless.

it is good for the new management team.

Its not so good that expectations go through the roof. 

And its valuable points wherever we finish.

Even after 5 games its nice to be ahead of forest and stoke.

Expectations appear to be fairly reserved so far, even in a topic highlighting the best start in 7 years many are playing it down. 

Yes we have a long way to go but as RamNut said it's not meaningless, far from it.

With 2 defeats this is still our best start in 7 years is kind of mind boggling, these extra points early on could be the difference between play offs and automatics come May. 

I see it as a perfect start for Lampard, we're up there at the right end of the table, still in touch with the leaders, already experienced the highs and lows of Championship football, turned around back to back defeats into back to back wins whilst having a number of injuries including our captain and bedding in a number of new signings.

Whilst I'm sure we would love to be flying like Leeds, with Lampard's lack of managerial experience he needs to go through the lows to figure out how to turn things around.

It's been a very good start, really happy with how things are going and I'm sure by the end of the next month Frank's best 11 will start to make themselves known and we will see a more settled side.

Best start in 7 years and we're only going to get better, much better.

I don't believe things have clicked yet, not at all, the team has been all over the place, no consistency, when Lampard finds his best team and the players fully understand how we want to play, when Davies is back and we get a true CDM player back who loves to play football in Huddlestone, I think you'll see a much better Derby County.

Our two next strikers haven't been introduced properly yet, we haven't seen the best from Wilson and Jozefzoon YET, when this team clicks we are going to be good, it needs time, give it a couple of months when we have a settled side and see how this team is performing then ? 

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Didn't we win six of the first eight under Clough? We've got a good chance of matching that with Rotherham and Blackburn for the next two.

The fixtures don't start to look too tricky until October when we play Sheff Utd, WBA and Boro in the space of a week.

Just a shame that the seasons a write off and we couldn’t bring a few Portuguese players in, could have made a right go of this season ? 

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Didn't we win six of the first eight under Clough? We've got a good chance of matching that with Rotherham and Blackburn for the next two.

The fixtures don't start to look too tricky until October when we play Sheff Utd, WBA and Boro in the space of a week.

If Blackburn win tomorrow, they go up to third. They have started well. Not an easy fixture. 

This has been an excellent start. Last time it was this good was 11/12 under Nige the season after we nearly went down and it included the glorious 10 men victory at our beloved neighbours!! (Still my best day as a rams fan although I’ve seen much better successes)

Thing with that team, you knew it was luck. It was never sustainable. With this team, we ain’t got going yet and there is so much talent in the squad. It’s a really exciting time to be a rams fan and it might be next season before it really clicks but we are heading in the right direction again.

On 28/08/2018 at 09:02, SaintRam said:

I don't know if it has been mentioned but its worth pointing out that the 2011-12 start 7 years ago, of winning our first 4 games, resulted in us finishing 12th.

It's a decent start to this season, but lets not pretend it means anything.

It means we are enjoying being Rams fans, unlike last year. ??

Frank has conclusively proven that he will pick any team that he wants. If you want to be in the team, do better. 

Only Anya, Butterfield and Thorne look like they may never make a league game outing. When did we last have so much genuine competition for places? ?

Archived