Final piece of the jigsaw

hintonsboots

Well done today boys excellent 3 points. I’m impressed with the style of football Frank is going for. As long as we have a defensive midfield enforcer buzzing around in front of the back four, we will have a solid platform on which to build an attacking goalscoring team to lead us back to the promised land.

In Fikayo Tomori we have a player with pace, strength and the ability to read the game which would indicate to me that he is the ideal solution for the CDM role. Once Curtis is fit I would appeal to Frank to get Tomori in this role and see what he can do.. the next Kante In my opinion.?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Well done today boys excellent 3 points. I’m impressed with the style of football Frank is going for. As long as we have a defensive midfield enforcer buzzing around in front of the back four, we will have a solid platform on which to build an attacking goalscoring team to lead us back to the promised land.

In Fikayo Tomori we have a player with pace, strength and the ability to read the game which would indicate to me that he is the ideal solution for the CDM role. Once Curtis is fit I would appeal to Frank to get Tomori in this role and see what he can do.. the next Kante In my opinion.?

Interesting call. 

I'm not completely convinced about him as a centre half and for now Bogle has stepped up at right back. My preference on Tuesday would be to bring George Thorne in from the cold and try him there. 

But if not we could bring Alex Pearce in from the cold allowing Wisdom to stay right back and then move Tomori forward. 

All assuming Davies, Bogle and Huddlestone are all still injured. 

If Lamps wants to try it but not call on the excluded group, then Fozzy could go centre half and Max Lowe come back in. 

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Interesting call. 

I'm not completely convinced about him as a centre half and for now Bogle has stepped up at right back. My preference on Tuesday would be to bring George Thorne in from the cold and try him there. 

But if not we could bring Alex Pearce in from the cold allowing Wisdom to stay right back and then move Tomori forward. 

All assuming Davies, Bogle and Huddlestone are all still injured. 

If Lamps wants to try it but not call on the excluded group, then Fozzy could go centre half and Max Lowe come back in. 

How cold is the forecast for Tuesday ? 

36 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I concur wholeheartedly

39 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Worth thinking about....

Still very much WIP but starting to come together. I think our defence is getting stronger, front three we have loads of options. Midfield needs sorting, balance isn’t right. Bradley made a monumental difference when he came on. Transformed us, but I think more than Bradley playing well, it more underlined just how much Ledley was struggling. 

Defensive midfield is the key and Ledley unfortunately is not the answer. I’m also not convinced by Mount in the 3, my view is we need to tweak the system slightly to get Mount in a 10 role. However Lampard really believes in him as a box to box so should persevere on that one but DM we have to sort, I agree this could be the final piece in the Jigsaw.

Surely George has to come into the thinking given the injury situation? 

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Still very much WIP but starting to come together. I think our defence is getting stronger, front three we have loads of options. Midfield needs sorting, balance isn’t right. Bradley made a monumental difference when he came on. Transformed us, but I think more than Bradley playing well, it more underlined just how much Ledley was struggling. 

Defensive midfield is the key and Ledley unfortunately is not the answer. I’m also not convinced by Mount in the 3, my view is we need to tweak the system slightly to get Mount in a 10 role. However Lampard really believes in him as a box to box so should persevere on that one but DM we have to sort, I agree this could be the final piece in the Jigsaw.

Surely George has to come into the thinking given the injury situation? 

Agreed

12 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Dilly, dilly. ?

6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm glad we threw out this piece of the jigsaw. It's a puzzle to me why it was there in the first place.

images-62.jpg.417760d5d122560ec9f3c07304bf360a.jpg

We didn't throw it out.

it flounced off as we were no longer good enough.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

We could have put up a fight to keep him but Mel the wiley old fox got us some brass for the mis-shapen piece that never really fit.

From a few things said recently, despite all the very public support, i think mel was harbouring a few misgivings.

I like Tomori. He's got everything physically. But he's pretty poor at reading the ball. He recovers well because he's fast and strong. But he gets caught underneath the ball a lot. 

I think that's probably why he's been pushed to RB a few times? 

Good enough player to play DM but not sure if he could get away with misjudging the ball so often. I mean he's been at fault for a few goals and chances. Not that I'm having a dig. I don't mind mistakes that much so long as he keeps trying to do the right thing. 

It will be interesting to see what happens when Davies regains fitness. After 2 successive clean sheets it would be harsh for Tomori to lose his place. However Davies is a very good player.

maybe Timori could sit as DM as suggested. This cup game against Hull is the time to try it. If he’s not there in that game I would suggest he’s not in Franks plans to play there.

difficukt decision on what’s best to do though with both Hudds and Thorne capable of playing there also. So many options with no stand out winner.

Archived