Bradley Johnson

MackworthRamIsGod

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

In the grand scheme of things, no. He's consistently under-performed for 3 years since joining Derby. Perhaps being one of the least bad in a really awful performance will herald a new dawn for him, but I wouldn't hold your breath. He's not a terrible player. If he'd been signed for something resembling his actual value he'd be one of the more poplar players on the team. I'll admit it's unfair for me to allow his price tag to cloud my judgement, but at the time he was our record signing. He represents a hugely significant outlay in terms of our financial resources, can you honestly say he's ever come close to being a hugely significant player for us?

Yes, and so does every manager we’ve had since he’s been here.

glad you know better though, thanks for the insight! ?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, EnigmaRam said:

Yes, and so does every manager we’ve had since he’s been here.

glad you know better though, thanks for the insight! ?

If you think Johnson has been a significant player for us you need your eyes checked. Your point about managers rating him is codswallop, since he hasn't been an automatic selection for any of them, managing just over 30 appearances per season.

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

If you think Johnson has been a significant player for us you need your eyes checked. Your point about managers rating him is codswallop, since he hasn't been an automatic selection for any of them, managing just over 30 appearances per season.

Right o 

Player bash away mate ?

36 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Just what we need another player bashing thread. Next week Waghorn...

Might as well. Why not? It seems to be the Derby way. Let's bash another player and see if he improves because of it.

I just don't get some of our so called fans. 

Really strange timing for this thread. Not a big Johnson fan but thought he was our best player yesterday. 

Won more headers than both centre backs combined. 

His passing was much better than normal. 

Looked to get on the ball as much as possible and get us moving forward.

Compare that to Bryson who was a complete waste of a shirt  (that's more of a complaint about where he was played rather than how he performed).

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Really strange timing for this thread. Not a big Johnson fan but thought he was our best player yesterday. 

Won more headers than both centre backs combined. 

His passing was much better than normal. 

Looked to get on the ball as much as possible and get us moving forward.

Compare that to Bryson who was a complete waste of a shirt  (that's more of a complaint about where he was played rather than how he performed).

Over half the starting line up were new, just shows how naive some fans must be to be surprised that they are struggling at present.  More game time they get the better they will perform, 2nd was much better

15 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Over half the starting line up were new, just shows how naive some fans must be to be surprised that they are struggling at present.  More game time they get the better they will perform, 2nd was much better

Think is if you perform how we did in the first 70 minutes (I don't buy that we were good for the whole of the second half) you aren't going to be winning many matches.

Ok we need to learn things as we go along but we also need to learn to adapt in matches. The centre backs going to the corner flags and giving it to a midfielder facing his own goal was not working and kept putting us in trouble. But rather than have 5 or 10 minutes of steadying the ship we just carried on doing it. In my opinion that was stupidity rather than naivety. 

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I am sure in a settled side when you have the ball you have an expectation of where your pals are.  At present they have to look for every pass and there is nothing instinctive about it.  This is not helping

I think Frank will get it right but you do almost get a feeling hes a bit like a kid at christmas that doesnt know which toy to play with first.

Hope it settles down soon.

On the two goals yesterday wasn't Bradley, A) The front man on the cross coming in and made a pathetic effort at stopping the cross and B) After Carsons bad pass to Bryson, it pretty much fell to Johnson who lose out in another pathetic 50/50 challenge.

Its quite simple, if Frank wants to play a footballing way, Johnson and Bryson absolutely cannot be in this team. That's abundantly clear after three league games.

23 minutes ago, rammieib said:

On the two goals yesterday wasn't Bradley, A) The front man on the cross coming in and made a pathetic effort at stopping the cross and B) After Carsons bad pass to Bryson, it pretty much fell to Johnson who lose out in another pathetic 50/50 challenge.

Its quite simple, if Frank wants to play a footballing way, Johnson and Bryson absolutely cannot be in this team. That's abundantly clear after three league games.

Ah so Carson does a ridiculous pass (not even heard him mentioned in any bashing) to Bryson who couldn’t control it which then does to their player. But because Johnson couldn’t quite tackle him from 30 yards out and he gets a pass in to an on rushing team mate who smashes it wide only for Tomori to direct it into his own net its johnsons fault. 

Some of our fans amaze me in what they see with their own eyes!

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Ah so Carson does a ridiculous pass (not even heard him mentioned in any bashing) to Bryson who couldn’t control it which then does to their player. But because Johnson couldn’t quite tackle him from 30 yards out and he gets a pass in to an on rushing team mate who smashes it wide only for Tomori to direct it into his own net its johnsons fault. 

Some of our fans amaze me in what they see with their own eyes!

I think you'll find this is a thread about Johnson and hence I was highlighting Johnsons contribution to the second goal. So yes your ability to take a post completely out of context does amaze me.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

First goal originated from an utterly stupid free kick going given away when there was no threat all in all a shocker

Just now, Spanish said:

First goal originated from an utterly stupid free kick going given away when there was no threat all in all a shocker

2nd goal was a snatched shot going well wide until it was deflected in, unlucky but the n both cases we put pressure on ourselves

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Don't think Johnson played a significant role in either goal. Tomori on the other hand...

1 hour ago, biellaram said:

Can't believe I'm posting this in support of BJ but....

wasnt it johnson who played a lovely ball out to Forsyth to play another good pass to Nuge for the goal??

(or is it that we're ignoring this bit? If so, sorry!) 

No impossible

1 hour ago, biellaram said:

Can't believe I'm posting this in support of BJ but....

wasnt it johnson who played a lovely ball out to Forsyth to play another good pass to Nuge for the goal??

(or is it that we're ignoring this bit? If so, sorry!) 

I think this post would be better off in the "To be fair to Bradley Johnson..." thread.

Archived