Bradley Johnson

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/08/2018 at 16:05, Anag Ram said:

I know a lot of people on the forum would like 10 Will Hughses in front of Carson.

Whilst this would produce some lovely football it would also struggle against the more physical teams in the championship, especially when it came to defending set pieces.

We are already poor at defending these this year in the absence of Huddlestone and Jerome who were valuable assets to our defence.

We need a Johnson or a Huddlestone to support the back four because we are so poor in the air otherwise. 

Johnson may not be Pele but he's the only player who didn't get bullied by Millwall. 

Another poster totally blind to Hughes' physicality versus the rest of our midfield. Here are the Premier League tackling stats this season... 

Screenshot_20180821-223829.thumb.png.10fc7f05ef7492c7d241c2cc8898cb6e.png

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Another poster totally blind to Hughes' physicality versus the rest of our midfield. Here are the Premier League tackling stats this season... 

Screenshot_20180821-223829.thumb.png.10fc7f05ef7492c7d241c2cc8898cb6e.png

Explain exactly how this proves he is good in the air as per my post about Johnson and Huddlestone?

Got to say, I've supported Bradley all through his time with us, thought he looked good at first.....but for the past year he certainly hasn't been at his best.

Good to see Frank getting the best out of him, he's looked so much better in the past two games, seems to have some confidence in himself again. He needs to play further up the pitch, unfortunately it puts Bryson in a more defensive role and we don't see the best of him. We need a new CDM, unless Thorne comes back, Huddlestone just doesn't cut it anymore with mobility and he isn't the future, we need a young hungry player

Who knows, maybe even butterfield isn't that bad......(sell him at any cost)

5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Explain exactly how this proves he is good in the air as per my post about Johnson and Huddlestone?

Sorry - what I picked on was the line about Bradley being "the only player who didn't get bullied by Millwall". And I was making the point that Hughes doesn't get bullied. Yes you're right that Johnson is better in the air.

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 18:12, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If I was new football and had no idea who Bradley Johnson was, what qualities would you be able to tell me he has?

What does he bring to our team, what are his strengths?

As a fan of derby who knows Bradley Johnson I struggle to answer those questions.

An oversized and underserved pay packet.

Archived