Bradley Johnson

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to have a go at defending him even though I spend 44 games a season moaning about him. 

Qualities > he's horrible to play against. Kicky, pushy, elbowy, heady... etc. He's ok if it's there to be attacked. He's fearless. 

If you can put that to use without needing him to touch the ball more than once when receiving it then he's alright. Put him CB or CF in a Mick McCarthy side! He'll battle all day long.

Now let's not do thread on his negatives

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Didn’t think he was that bad today, tin Hat on.... he actually tried to enforce and make things happen. 

Did what was asked of him I'd think. I imagine he'd rather play further forward but he's at least doing his best to play where he's put. Midfield would have wilted without him today.

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

No worst than Bryson nowadays.

Bradley should be on the end of that penalty box looking for a screamer, not playing holding roles. Madness 

Exactly, he could score 8-10 per season if given the opportunity, unfortunately over the last 2 seasons his confidence has been blown apart by poor management and the fans getting on his back!

Ive stared before on here that he is clearly a confidence player and when certain “fans” around the ground get on at him you can physically see his head drop and his game goes to ? 

Added to that, he has never really been given the opportunity to play in a more forward minded midfield role (regularly enough) during this time here either. I believe If he had he would have got the 8-10 goals per season of that I’m sure. 

Come on Braders, prove the ney sayers at Derby City wrong ?????

Even in his early days here, he looked value for money. Rewatch the Wolves game at PP and you’ll see how good he can be if played in his correct role.

Look at that cross into the box for Martin, the poor lad can’t even manage  a basic ten yard ball nowadays. Confidence player and it’s been shot, ditto Butterfield

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If I was new football and had no idea who Bradley Johnson was, what qualities would you be able to tell me he has?

What does he bring to our team, what are his strengths?

As a fan of derby who knows Bradley Johnson I struggle to answer those questions.

Bradley Johnson has been at this club for a couple of seasons now. Anyone who has watched those seasons, will know he cannot play as a single CDM, his football brain and/or speed aren’t up to it. He also struggles in a 3 man midfield for the same reason. He can however play as part of a 4/5 man midfield, when these weaknesses aren’t exposed. Bradley Johnson didn’t pick himself today, Bradley Johnson didn’t pick the formation and Bradley Johnson didn’t fail to alter things when it was obvious it was going wrong. I suggest you direct your anger towards the person who did, rather than scapegoating Bradley Johnson for today’s mess 

Well every single manager since he signed has picked him. He’s played CAM, CDM, Left wing, Left Back and CM.

but then again we all need a scapegoat so might aswell be him. Bryson was the odd man out today in that midfield.

But hey ho, fill your boots and get it off your chests  

Archived