Ipswich is a must win game

Tamworthram

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Provocative @Tamworthram ??

If Ipswich is ever a must win game then we are up poo Street, #bogeyteam

You can take today’s stats and replicate them for any ITFC vs DCFC fixture, we always dominate possession and they always beat us from a set piece against the run of play. It’s just written in the stars. 

Just not this time!  I may be in a minority with this comment, but I think we'll beat Ipswich on Tuesday by three clear goals!

My team to face the tractor boys. In a standard 4-4-2  

Carson

Bogle 

Pearce

Tomori

Lowe

Evans

Mount

Bennett

Marriot

Waghorn 

Lawrence 

Subs 

Josefzoon

Bryson 

Nugent

Johnson

Keogh 

Roos

Forsyth

Injured 

Davies Wilson Huddlestone etc etc 

16 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

Carson

Bogle 

Pearce

Tomori

Lowe

Evans

Mount

Bennett

Marriot

Waghorn 

Lawrence 

Subs 

Josefzoon

Bryson 

Nugent

Johnson

Keogh 

Roos

Forsyth

Injured 

Didn't spot the word "subs". Gave it a like for fielding 18 players. 

20 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

Carson

Bogle 

Pearce

Tomori

Lowe

Evans

Mount

Bennett

Marriot

Waghorn 

Lawrence 

Subs 

Josefzoon

Bryson 

Nugent

Johnson

Keogh 

Roos

Forsyth

Injured 

For once Keogh has a decent game and now you want to drop him!

i really hope frank doesn't give up on his philosophy and how he wants the team to play. just because it hasnt worked perfectly from the get go doesnt mean its not going too. the lads have my full support and if they make mistakes then so be it, just keep improving and before you know it we will be a fine football playing team again 

I got your score with Millwall today.    Obviously a trip to South London can be awkward for any opposing team and more power to Neil Harris, he's done a great job for them.     Came close to a play-off opportunity last season, like it or not that deserves credit.

Anyway : Yes we play you again in a few days.    You may have seen our 1 - 1 score with Aston Villa earlier.     Team played well here and there - not aided by an undisputed ass of a referee - and the crowd was more vociferous than many times last season.   Some admit one point was as good as win, bear in mind we played a long period with ten men for having a player unfairly dismissed.

Hurst is still in his infancy at the club.   No wins in 4 League games and a loss at Exeter in the Cup with it, hardly something to boost your resume, but in defense it's far too premature to be making judgments.   I feel Derby have a better squad than ourselves overall and if you play like your can next week then can't see why you won't leave with a victory.    All that hoodoo crap about when we come to Pride Park seems just that.    Yes it's been good for us but all said it's only statistics.  

4 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

I got your score with Millwall today.    Obviously a trip to South London can be awkward for any opposing team and more power to Neil Harris, he's done a great job for them.     Came close to a play-off opportunity last season, like it or not that deserves credit.

Anyway : Yes we play you again in a few days.    You may have seen our 1 - 1 score with Aston Villa earlier.     Team played well here and there - not aided by an undisputed ass of a referee - and the crowd was more vociferous than many times last season.   Some admit one point was as good as win, bear in mind we played a long period with ten men for having a player unfairly dismissed.

Hurst is still in his infancy at the club.   No wins in 4 League games and a loss at Exeter in the Cup with it, hardly something to boost your resume, but in defense it's far too premature to be making judgments.   I feel Derby have a better squad than ourselves overall and if you play like your can next week then can't see why you won't leave with a victory.    All that hoodoo crap about when we come to Pride Park seems just that.    Yes it's been good for us but all said it's only statistics.  

Ok first of all, Ipswich don't have any fans in America. That's just stupid. Nobody outside of Ipswich supports Ipswich. And secondly, there's no such place as 'Minneapolis'. There's Indianapolis, and there's Minnesota. You can't just mix them up and expect to get away with it.

So what's this really about?

4 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

All that hoodoo crap about when we come to Pride Park seems just that.    Yes it's been good for us but all said it's only statistics

We haven't beaten a Mick McCarthy managed team at home since something like 1994, the "Ipswich hoodoo" is a myth. The "Mick McCarthy hoodoo" is REAL!

51 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Ok first of all, Ipswich don't have any fans in America. That's just stupid. Nobody outside of Ipswich supports Ipswich. And secondly, there's no such place as 'Minneapolis'. There's Indianapolis, and there's Minnesota. You can't just mix them up and expect to get away with it.

So what's this really about?

Minneapolis is a city in Minnesota.

10 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Didn't spot the word "subs". Gave it a like for fielding 18 players. 

I thought we’d signed him on loan from Chelsea 

1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

We are in huge huge trouble if we dont win to be honest

Both Villa and Fulham only won one of their first five games last season.

I'm not suggesting we're going to emulate either of their achievements this season but to say we're in huge huge trouble is just plain silly.

Archived